Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

What Is Happening In The Stock Market - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Is Happening In The Stock Market (1375 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? / Stock Market: Questions And Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening In The Stock Market by TOLABABE1(f): 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2008
Hi all,

Does anyone have an idea of what is realy happening in the market because i'm realy loosing confidence in our Stocks.

Your contributions will be appreciated
Re: What Is Happening In The Stock Market by UNLEASHED(m): 9:55am On Sep 27, 2008
Me i no no, everybody is jegbese!!!
Re: What Is Happening In The Stock Market by Ayoolar: 9:19pm On Oct 01, 2008
My dear Tola babe, This is Ayoola Efunkoya. Iwould like to assure you that the Nigerian capital market has a great fundamental, and would soon rebound. You can always contact me for free investment advisory on the stock market.
Please don't panic.
Cheers
Re: What Is Happening In The Stock Market by ayusman16(m): 1:01am On Oct 03, 2008
dont panic abi and yet one is losing money heavily.
Re: What Is Happening In The Stock Market by samguru(m): 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2008
hi tola,
tola, u should know b/4 venturing into stock investment that the market is full of ups and downs.i am very sure that u are so much concerned about what u stand to gain in the shortest time,probably that is the main reason u are so much concerned about the present market situation.however the storm is almost over for the market.

HERE ARE SOME REASONS THE MARKET IS DOWN AND GOVERNMENT INTERVENTIONS
1,IF banks should stop selling people shares i am 100% sure the market will immediatealy rebound.and govt try to palliatively ease the bunden on investors concerned by making provison for stabilisation fund.
2,our market is overregulated,because the tempo of the market was moving to high.govt has reverse all these policies.

i strongly advise u to hold on to ur stocks except if u urgently need
Re: What Is Happening In The Stock Market by danadam(m): 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2008
the problem is a global one, the european asian market is also witnessing similar problem. dont panic. hold onto your shares. if you more money, invest in stocks with good fundamental. best of luck.
Re: What Is Happening In The Stock Market by DonnieG(m): 9:21pm On Oct 07, 2008
The stock market is experiencing a bearish run due to a combination of factors two of the main which are: (!) The rumuor that the CBN had mandated all banks to stop giving out margin facilities (2) The CBN's laudable policy of a uniform year end for all banks so as to check the obvious manipulations of their balance sheets. The average Nigerian participating in the stock market is more of a speculator than an investor, this has further aggravated the situation. My advice; It is a dicey situation but not a bad one, the market will sort itself out, of course, a little push from the government is welcome. Hold on to your shares - As a matter of fact, buy more, beyond every dark cloud, is a silver lining. The market will pick up.

(1) (Reply)

The Rat Poison Business Idea / My Forex Diary / Bitcoin Era Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.