Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,642 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? (4355 Views)

Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? / Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? by Omolulu(m): 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2006
Well if pastors are to be celebrities it should be for the right reasons.Moses was a leader in Israel and was a celebrity in his own right.The prophets were associated with kings,performed miracles and as a result became celebrated among the people.Jesus was so popular with the Jews that at a point he became the number 1 threat to public safety in the books of Herod and Pilate.
If pastors are to be celebrities it should be for their works and not for burning church members like human waste.
Re: Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? by Remmzy(m): 3:34am On Aug 28, 2006
some people will die & move to hell, why bring christ to this! If you could be talking abt christ this way on internet, Give total respect to the name of the LOrd pls!.
Re: Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? by DExplorer1: 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2008
I suggest the best thing to do in such post like this is not to make comment. No matter what you say u may be wrong, In a means of learning more, Lets Beware!

Amazing! 24 ELDERS WORDS OF KNOWLEDGE FOR LADIES IN RELATIONSHIPS

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.
Re: Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? by kokorunna(m): 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2008
Pastors are meant to Pastor their people but what we are seeing nowadays is something else. Majority of them all want to talk in the yanky way, may God help.

www.churchwhereabouts.com
Re: Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? by JJYOU: 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2008
pastor celebrity
Re: Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? by sexyLeamon(f): 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2008
Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities?

more like role models
Re: Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? by naomijt(f): 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2008
u know i was going to post a topic on N-L about celebrities but i don't know whether or not pastors fit in as celebrities in Nigeria.

but i think anyone who dresses in hugo boss suits, appears on primetimeTV and has a large following of adulating fans(doesn't quite sound like a pastor, does it?) qualifies to be a celebrity.

what do u think?

I quite agree with u undecided
Re: Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? by psalmist1n(m): 3:32am On Aug 15, 2009
pastor are not in anyway suppose to be a celcbrity since they preach against the things of the world. JESUS christ demostrated that when devil tempted HIM after he had finished fasting for 40 day & 40 night.HE resisted devil by rejecting the things of the world.
Re: Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? by Anas09: 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
O my God. Seun spoke. Wait!!!!!! is it the same Seun? The Seun himself? I actually thought you are a spirit. With everything people say, today is the first day I have read ur comment.
Man, respec, respec.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Read What Dare Adeboye Tweeted Last Before He Diedthat Has Stirred Up Mixed Reac / Is Pool Betting A Sin Before God? / FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.