Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) (4365 Views)

Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo / Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 11:05am On Apr 17, 2012
It is inevitable that we will clash on some topics as far as our lives as Christians are concerned. For those who genuinely believe that we should find a common grounds on such issues, how do you think we should engage in the debate so as not to give the ....(you know who I am talking about), the chance to defile our LORD?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by LogicMind: 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2012
ask seun for a christian only section.
if you are really serious about getting one, threaten him like the muslims did.

or better still, quit nairaland 'cos we're here to stay!
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
Logic Mind: ask seun for a christian only section.
if you are really serious about getting one, threaten him like the muslims did.

or better still, quit nairaland 'cos we're here to stay!

Of course...as long as GOD allows you to grin
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by jagunlabi(m): 3:57pm On Apr 17, 2012
How can you have healthy debates when you go looking for common grounds from the get go, btw? Any debate dies a quick death once a common ground has been found, abi you no know?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2012
rastamouse: It is inevitable that we will clash on some topics as far as our lives as Christians are concerned. For those who genuinely believe that we should find a common grounds on such issues, how do you think we should engage in the debate so as not to give the ....(you know who I am talking about), the chance to defile our LORD?

This is where all religions fail. Religious people will never have common ground. Religion is just as subjective as describing a story. Everyone has his or her interpretation of the bible as the bible is not clear, is not accurate and not precise. You can justify murder or discrimination with the bible. Some christians say God rested on a saturday, some say sunday. Catholics say purgatory, protestants say nay!

My favourite bible quotes as an athiest;

Mathew 5;22

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire

But my christian friends on Nairalan always tel me that I'm a fool..Irony?

Psalm 14

1[b]The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.[/b] They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth goo
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2012
logicboy:

This is where all religions fail. Religious people will never have common ground. Religion is just as subjective as describing a story. Everyone has his or her interpretation of the bible as the bible is not clear, is not accurate and not precise. You can justify murder or discrimination with the bible. Some christians say God rested on a saturday, some say sunday. Catholics say purgatory, protestants say nay!

My favourite bible quotes as an athiest;

Mathew 5;22

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire

But my christian friends on Nairalan always tel me that I'm a fool..Irony?

Psalm 14

1[b]The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.[/b] They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth goo

What do you call someone from Nigeria? I don't think Nigerian is an insult to someone from Nigeria so in the same vain telling a fool that he is a fool is not an insult...at least that is what the Bible calls anyone who does not believe in GOD wink
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2012
rastamouse:

What do you call someone from Nigeria? I don't think Nigerian is an insult to someone from Nigeria so in the same vain telling a fool that he is a fool is not an insult...at least that is what the Bible calls anyone who does not believe in GOD wink

Majority or 64% of Japanese clearly say that there is no God. Are you willing to call them fools? Is yur country half as good as theirs?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by LogicMind: 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2012
rastamouse:

jesus christ himself said don't do it.
are you confused or what?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
Logic Mind:

JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF said don't do it.
are you confused or what?

You atheist sometimes get me laughing grin How can you deny HIS existence and yet bring HIM into your conversation when it is convenient to you? No wonder the Bible calls you FOOLS!

logicboy:

Majority or 64% of Japanese clearly say that there is no God. Are you willing to call them fools? Is yur country half as good as theirs?

It does not matter how many people do not believe in GOD in the world. For all I care, it can be the whole of the United States and the Bible's definition for them will remain FOOLS!
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by LogicMind: 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2012
rastamouse:

You atheist sometimes get me laughing grin How can you deny HIS existence and yet bring HIM into your conversation when it is convenient to you? No wonder the Bible calls you FOOLS!

you got me wrong there. i don't deny his existence. i acknowledge and praise him. see https://www.nairaland.com/904712/logic-mind-praises-lord

i am just annoyed that you will blatantly disobey him because someone else has better arguments than you.

the bible clearly calls those that say there is no god fools. Infact the author repeated it twice: in psalm 14 and psalm 53.
However you are attributing to the bible what it clearly did not say.
The bible calls fools only those that say in their hearts there is no god. It was very specific about that and if you didnd't get it in psalm 14, he reminded you of it in psalm 53.
I have never said such in my heart and I have no special ability of telling anyone who has.
It therefore transpires that you are blatantly, in the name of jesus, disobeying the very unequvocal rules he set for you in Mathew 5;22: But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire

You are the only one here going against the bible, showing anger, insulting people and disobeying god.

1 Like

Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2012
Logic Mind:

you got me wrong there. i don't deny his existence. i acknowledge and praise him. see https://www.nairaland.com/904712/logic-mind-praises-lord

i am just annoyed that you will blatantly disobey him because someone else has better arguments than you.

the bible clearly calls those that say there is no god fools. Infact the author repeated it twice: in psalm 14 and psalm 53.
However you are attributing to the bible what it clearly did not say.
The bible calls fools only those that say in their hearts there is no god. It was very specific about that and if you didnd't get it in psalm 14, he reminded you of it in psalm 53.
I have never said such in my heart and I have no special ability of telling anyone who has.
It therefore transpires that you are blatantly, in the name of jesus, disobeying the very unequvocal rules he set for you in Mathew 5;22: But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire

You are the only one here going against the bible, showing anger, insulting people and disobeying god.

grin Have you ever heard that out of the abundance of the heart is what the mouth speaks? What kind of illogical reasoning is that?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by LogicMind: 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
rastamouse:

grin Have you ever heard that out of the abundance of the heart is what the mouth speaks? What kind of illogical reasoning is that?

well, logic tells me that speech is not a function of the heart.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 6:20pm On Apr 17, 2012
Logic Mind:

well, logic tells me that speech is not a function of the heart.

Well that is what makes you a FOOL!
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by LogicMind: 6:24pm On Apr 17, 2012
rastamouse:

Well that is what makes you a FOOL!

and please remind me of the consequences of my folly.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2012
Logic Mind:

and please remind me of the consequences of my folly.

HELL! grin cheesy cool
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by LogicMind: 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2012
rastamouse:

HELL! grin cheesy cool

so, none then.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by numo86(m): 7:12pm On Apr 17, 2012
Hahahahahahaha....
Chei my belle don full for laugh...
@logicmind....why u dey confuse urself and everybody

@rastamouse...thank u my bro...
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by LogicMind: 7:40pm On Apr 17, 2012
numo86: Hahahahahahaha....
Chei my belle don full for laugh...
@logicmind....why u dey confuse urself and everybody

@rastamouse...thank u my bro...

i am far from confused.
it is christians that tell us not to misquote the bible but blatantly do it.
the bible was specific about who the fool is and and also tells you not to call another person that.
but you refuse.
i say nothing in my heart. i'm no fool according to your bible.
even if i were a fool, jesus told you not to call me one or you'll go to hell.
why you choose to disobey jesus as a christian beats me.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by logicboy: 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2012
rastamouse:

It does not matter how many people do not believe in GOD in the world. For all I care, it can be the whole of the United States and the Bible's definition for them will remain FOOLS!

You are willing to call billions of people fools (Even people who have contributed to the world and your life) fools? Tell me, do you use facebook or a windows computer or an apple product? Bill Gates is an Agnostic, Mark Zuckerberg is an atheist and Steve Jobs was a Zen Buddhist. Are you saying that they are fools? re you saying that majority of accredited scientists in the USA, who have brought you drugs and technology are fools because they mostly dont believe in God?

You sir, need to think
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 7:48am On Apr 18, 2012
@LogicMind: perhaps my explanation will help clarify what that passage in the Bible means. The passage "from the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks" means that the words that we speak come directly from your heart, or your mind. This is actually a true statement, because you speak based off of the knowledge that you have and the emotions that you have. It does not mean that you speak from your physical heart, or I would definitely agree that the passage is illogical. The heart is kind of like your soul, or your mind.

Secondly, calling someone a fool does not necessarily mean that you are going to Hell. Proverbs has many passages calling men fools for not being wise. It does not just mean that you don't believe in God, but it can also be someone with a childish attitude, a lazy person, or someone who does not control their emotions. Also, you are misinterpreting the verse. Calling someone a fool makes you liable to go to Hell, it doesn't mean you automatically do. The way it works is that if rastamouse calls you a fool, then he is instantly available to be judged to see if he is a fool. I say this because of the verse "judge not, and you will not be judged." If rastamouse calls you a fool, he won't go to Hell unless he is deemed to be a fool by God. However, since he continues to call you a fool, doesn't back up his arguments well, and is really just trying to troll since he is getting verbally beaten down, I think its a safe bet that he is in the wrong on this one.

@Logicboy: I think if you look at it from a Christian perspective, those men are fools. You could leave your seventy years here on earth doing a ton of important things or advancing society. If you don't believe in God here on earth, and you stand before him in heaven, he won't accept "but I created the newest kind of allergy treatment" as a valid reason to pass through the gates. Therefore, all the brilliant minds of today that aren't Christians will be wishing they were just a little bit smarter as they are suffering an eternity in Hell. I don't ask you to agree to that, but from a Christian perspective, it does make logical sense.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 7:52am On Apr 18, 2012
And @rastamouse: You need to stop being rude. If you really a Christian, and want to win souls over to God, do you think calling people fools over and over is going to win them over to your cause? You should be even more cordial then them, but instead its the other way around. When you call someone a fool, it puts them on the defensive, it makes them not want to be won over to your cause, but to disagree with you. And then you just keep calling them fools after they bring up counter-arguments. You need to learn how to debate people. Name-calling and obnoxiousness doesn't win arguments or respect for you.

1 Like

Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 18, 2012
Exactly why the Christian perspective remains illogical in the first place.

God would accept one who sells poison to people, yet believes in him at the last momenet, and reject one who helps save people but doesn't believe in Him...

I give up...
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050: And @rastamouse: You need to stop being rude. If you really a Christian, and want to win souls over to God, do you think calling people fools over and over is going to win them over to your cause? You should be even more cordial then them, but instead its the other way around. When you call someone a fool, it puts them on the defensive, it makes them not want to be won over to your cause, but to disagree with you. And then you just keep calling them fools after they bring up counter-arguments. You need to learn how to debate people. Name-calling and obnoxiousness doesn't win arguments or respect for you.
lol, what do you expect from a mouse from jamaica? grin
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by Jenwitemi(m): 8:03am On Apr 18, 2012
---------
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 8:08am On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050: And @rastamouse: You need to stop being rude. If you really a Christian, and want to win souls over to God, do you think calling people fools over and over is going to win them over to your cause? You should be even more cordial then them, but instead its the other way around. When you call someone a fool, it puts them on the defensive, it makes them not want to be won over to your cause, but to disagree with you. And then you just keep calling them fools after they bring up counter-arguments. You need to learn how to debate people. Name-calling and obnoxiousness doesn't win arguments or respect for you.

I agree with you my bro on several points on that but why would you call me rude? When John the Baptist called the people generation of vipers, was that rude or fact? Was it a fact or just plain rudeness when Paul called the Galatians fools? Is it rude or a fact when the Bible call someone who does not believe in the existence of GOD a fool?

In any case, if you read through the thread well, it was him who came here asking for how I should call him according to my Bible and as far as I know, I gave him the truth.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 8:09am On Apr 18, 2012
musKeeto:
lol, what do you expect from a mouse from jamaica? grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by LogicMind: 8:16am On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

I agree with you my bro on several points on that but why would you call me rude? When John the Baptist called the people generation of vipers, was that rude or fact? Was it a fact or just plain rudeness when Paul called the Galatians fools? Is it rude or a fact when the Bible call someone who does not believe in the existence of GOD a fool?

In any case, if you read through the thread well, it was him who came here asking for how I should call him according to my Bible and as far as I know, I gave him the truth.

Now you are comparing yourself to john the baptist and apostle paul.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 8:19am On Apr 18, 2012
musKeeto: Exactly why the Christian perspective remains illogical in the first place.

God would accept one who sells poison to people, yet believes in him at the last momenet, and reject one who helps save people but doesn't believe in Him...

I give up...

Actually, I disagree with people who think that way. You can't just life your life however you want to, and then think you will turn to God in your final moments and be saved. People like that think they can take advantage of God and use him as fire insurance, and its just not the case. A life purposefully lived out in rebellion to God won't be accepted by God.

However, I would say the second half of your statement is correct. Just because you do good things doesn't mean your reconciled to God. That is only done through relationship and repentance.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 8:19am On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

Now you are comparing yourself to john the baptist and apostle paul.

Look at this kind of reasoning...You really need GOD my friend...Do you know that among that things that HE give freely is wisdom?
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by bigd4050: 8:22am On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

They also deeply knew the people that they called that, because they could see the actions that those people took. You know nothing about the people here, yet in a debate of facts, you resort to name calling. Its extremely adolescent, and yet you kept doing it. The best response you'll get from anyone over the age of 12 is an eye-roll because it makes you look like you don't know anything. The Bible may call unbelievers fools, but like I said, if you are truly trying to live a Christian life, you don't just call people that. You show a little respect.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by LogicMind: 8:25am On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

Look at this kind of reasoning...You really need GOD my friend...Do you know that among that things that HE give freely is wisdom?

no, sorry. your god needs me. he has been sending jehovah witnesses and mormons to my door asking me to come back with all sorts of promises. His messengers are on tv, radio, internet and roadsides begging me to come to him.

he needs to humble himself and step down from his pedestal and come to me himself if he wants me to listen to him.
Re: FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) by rastamouse: 8:30am On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

They also deeply knew the people that they called that, because they could see the actions that those people took. You know nothing about the people here, yet in a debate of facts, you resort to name calling. Its extremely adolescent, and yet you kept doing it. The best response you'll get from anyone over the age of 12 is an eye-roll because it makes you look like you don't know anything. The Bible may call unbelievers fools, but like I said, if you are truly trying to live a Christian life, you don't just call people that. You show a little respect.

What makes you think you know everything? Did you read through the thread? Do you know anything about Christian temperaments? If I tell you that I am an evangelist, what will that mean to you? My friend, if you have nothing better to say, just stay off my case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Stop Masturbating / Do You Believe in Infant Water Baptism? / Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.