Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Notice To Our Punch Online Readers - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Notice To Our Punch Online Readers (1127 Views)

Malware Can Share USB Smart Card Readers With Attackers Over Internet / Virus On Punch Website / Needs The B&n E-readers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Notice To Our Punch Online Readers by Dclique(m): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2008
NOTICE TO OUR ONLINE READERS
On Thursday September 18, 2008, the PUNCH website (www.punchontheweb.com or www.punchng.com) was invaded by unknown hackers who identified themselves in an un-authorized statement they posted on the site as "a group of hackers in Nigeria".

The group boasted that it had "logged out all (PUNCH on-line) system administrators and taken full control of the website’s CMS (i.e. content management system) so that this article (i.e. their un-authorized statement) isn’t edited and scrambled". It went on to make some claims on security issues in Nigeria. As soon as this was brought to our attention, our technical team went to work at once, reclaimed control of the site and deleted the embarrassing statement.

The PUNCH management wishes, therefore, to categorically disown the said un-authorized statement and to declare that it neither knows this "group of hackers in Nigeria" nor has any relationship of any kind with it.

We are doing everything in our power, and within our resources, to permanently exclude the hackers from the PUNCH website. Also, we assure our teeming readers, whose unprecedented traffic to the site the hackers claimed made them chose the PUNCH for hacking, that our on-line services will continue to be available.
Re: Notice To Our Punch Online Readers by Dclique(m): 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2008
WHAT DO Y'All have to SAY?
Re: Notice To Our Punch Online Readers by bluehorizo(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2008
What was the content of the post?
Re: Notice To Our Punch Online Readers by Dclique(m): 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2008
see jamb question weh this dis bros dey ask, sha!.
Re: Notice To Our Punch Online Readers by Dclique(m): 6:58pm On Oct 01, 2008
see jamb question weh this dis bros dey ask, sha!.
Re: Notice To Our Punch Online Readers by Dclique(m): 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2008
An uncle of mine said i should help hm advertise d havoc n confusion that hackrs caused them ovr @ punch newspaper.
Re: Notice To Our Punch Online Readers by c33b33(m): 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2008
How dat question take b jamb question?na wa o!.Anyway!i read that notice on their website,i know say sum nairalanders go dey part of those naughty boys loq
Re: Notice To Our Punch Online Readers by Mustay(m): 9:47pm On Oct 01, 2008
This topic had been created here:

Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked?

Moved to Computers

(1) (Reply)

Helo Guys Nd Chicks,can Anybody Give Me D Key 2 Download Accelerator Premium (da / Offsite Data Backup Please Help! / Brand New Ipad1 3g,wifi And 32gb 110k Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.