Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,869 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. - Culture (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. (186048 Views)

History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) / Pictorial History Of Northern Nigeria / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by maryray(f): 5:32am On Nov 12, 2008
This is why i love Fulanis!
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 12, 2008
victoria falls is awesome!!

i saw assop falls when in Jos (it's a a miniscule waterfall compared to this) but it was so pretty. pity i lost the photos i risked my neck to take. my phone memory card fried itself or something sad cry anyone got pics of assop falls?
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by MrCrackles(m): 10:36am On Nov 12, 2008
Anyone got pictures of women making kunu or kullikulli? undecided
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by tharma(f): 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2008
Damn I feel like going to Nigeria. I missed Bauchi. Quite and beautiful.
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by maryray(f): 1:06am On Nov 16, 2008
O Crackles u r so bad!!!!! now u r making me want kunu n kullikulli!.

Luv those stuff!
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by MCUsman(m): 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2008
maryray:

O Crackles u r so bad!!!!! now u r making me want kunu n kullikulli!.

love those stuff!

kiss kiss
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by ikeyman00(m): 5:16pm On Nov 16, 2008
mc usman

those kisses ? hmm 4 where

[s]hausa man no fit kiss, only good for horse whip ha[/s]
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by MCUsman(m): 9:56am On Nov 17, 2008
ikeyman00:

[s]hausa man no fit kiss, only good for horse whip ha[/s]

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by ikeyman00(m): 11:15am On Nov 17, 2008
i see, i told haaa em hausa man no fit kiss.

that about 31 kisses u got there; guess what that should like emm 6 kisses done but u got 31 nawoo! u think say na gworo and utaba u de chew

by the way it looks like that lady there is keepin u really busy hmm; ask her to teach u how to kiss, not to over kiss oo brother northernman
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by MCUsman(m): 12:14pm On Nov 17, 2008
kiss
kiss kiss kiss kiss
kiss
kiss kiss kiss kiss
kiss
kiss
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Gamine(f): 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2008
;d

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Gamine(f): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2008
Awww.

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Gamine(f): 7:00pm On Nov 18, 2008
Aww so cute!

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Tapiya(m): 5:32am On Nov 19, 2008
Anyone recall this? the one and Only Jos Main Market!

I loved the sight of this Market baby.

Josites for life

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by OgidiBoy(m): 5:36am On Nov 19, 2008
Tapiya:

Anyone recall this? the one and Only Jos Main Market!

I loved the sight of this Market baby.

Josites for life

That was in the days, the whole area is nothing but a stack of burned ruble the Gov don't want to clean up.
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Tapiya(m): 5:43am On Nov 19, 2008
OgidiBoy:

That was in the days, the whole area is nothing but a stack of burned ruble the Gov don't want to clean up.

I hope they do that Soon.

[flash=200,200]http://Sorry for the type of Government We have.[/flash][s][/s]
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by OgidiBoy(m): 6:07am On Nov 19, 2008
I hear you my brother, I just passed through there last year that I traveled home, I felt really sad man, that market used to be a side attraction for Jos, I remember folks from all over Nigeria would come toJos just to see Main Market.
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by shotster50(m): 3:02am On Nov 20, 2008
Damn whatever happened to J town.
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by okunoba(m): 9:09am On Nov 26, 2008
Thanks sisi and usman, Pleasantly surprised by some of the pics. I love Hausa architecture. I wonder why it`s been abandoned. A similar style building was nominated for best house in Britain recently. I think it is called cob house made from mud.the style is called sustainable building. Some times we don`t know how good what we have is until it`s gone.
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by NegroNtns(m): 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2008
@MC,

I heard through the grapevine that you were relocating nd won't be online for sometime. Well, goodluck brother and stay safe. Great job to you and Sisi for all these pix, beautiful.

@Sisi, PETE is short for pete-pete. Its loose derivative for yam porridge (asaro). It's not a traditional Northern dish, it belongs to Yoruba. What do Yorubas call mud? Pete-Pete! Porridge does look muddy and so that name was adopted but not with the visual.
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Hauwa1: 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2008
negro nation,

the northern Pete is made from corn. Yakua is added to give it a sour stingy taste. a very nice meal. i know asaro/yam porridge you talking abt.

pete is made from fine corn. . . you need raffia tray to do the hausa sieve to get the one for making Pete
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by NegroNtns(m): 4:56pm On Nov 28, 2008
Hauwa,

Yaya yar' uwa? Kwana biu! Yaya arkoki, Kina lafia?

Thanks for correction. I have always thought it came from yam, yes the spice is definitely distinct. I believe Sisi had question about that raffia sieve as well. What is it called?
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by maryray(f): 8:07am On Dec 10, 2008
kiss

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by SisiJinx: 4:11am On Jan 14, 2009
Kurmi Market, Kano State

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by SisiJinx: 4:15am On Jan 14, 2009
Huts in Jos

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by SisiJinx: 4:17am On Jan 14, 2009
Ostrich Farm in Jos

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by SisiJinx: 4:20am On Jan 14, 2009
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by SisiJinx: 4:22am On Jan 14, 2009
Skyline of Jos

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by SisiJinx: 4:24am On Jan 14, 2009
ABU, Zaria

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by SisiJinx: 4:25am On Jan 14, 2009
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by SisiJinx: 4:28am On Jan 14, 2009
Bridge over Shika Dam in Zaria

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by SisiJinx: 4:34am On Jan 14, 2009
Accessories

Beautiful Chokers kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Traditional Yoruba Names And Their Meanings / Beautiful Faces Of Africa / Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.