Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria (27699 Views)

Slum2school Project, A Wonderful Initiative Worth Supporting / T.b. Joshua And His Charitable Ministry (part 2) / Are All Nonprofit Organizations In Nigeria Really Just Gangs Of Thieves? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2008
please drop the name/s, contact address and all relevant details of legitimate nigerian charities/NGO/ orphanages/ old people's settlement or any other project (charitable) you [i]sincerely believe [/i]is worth supporting. 

many thanks
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2008
Josh Josh for me its ;
Little saints Orphanage,Akowonjo and palmgroove,lagos state.Guess they have a website,not sure but try www.little saints orphanage.com
Hearts of gold hospice,VI lagos state.
Daughters of Abraham foundation,Abuja.(they reach out to the prostitutes and give them a new lease on life)
These ones are tried and confirmed cool cool cool
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 1:37am On Oct 04, 2008
many thanks dear sister. trust your are well? i will check those out. i wish i can get email address and phone nos too or preferably a website like this http://www.doafnigeria.com/the%20founder.html

thanks tho

http://www.nasarawastate.org/newsday/news/nasarawa/11108113842.html
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by DeepZone: 9:59am On Oct 05, 2008
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by DeepZone: 10:00am On Oct 05, 2008
Kanu Heart Foundation(The largest and most helpful NGO in Nigeria now).

http://www.kanuheartfoundationng.com/
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 12:49pm On Oct 05, 2008
DeepZone:

Kanu Heart Foundation(The largest and most helpful NGO in Nigeria now).

where do you get your statistics from?
You always spring out with pish posh .Tsk !
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by idupaul: 1:01pm On Oct 05, 2008
ifyalways:

where do you get your statistics from?
You always spring out with pish posh .Tsk !

do u have any NGO in mind? then spill it
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2008
idupaul:

do u have any NGO in mind? then spill it

what have u been taking?
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by idupaul: 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2008
ifyalways:

what have u been taking?

Did I say sumtin wrong
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2008
lol
i was wondering why u made ur first comment considering the fact that i was asking Fummi for verifications of her claims.
Abeg today na sunday,happy sunday. cheesy
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2008
ifyalways:

lol
i was wondering why u made ur first comment considering the fact that i was asking Fummi for verifications of her claims.
Abeg today na sunday,happy sunday. cheesy

a very happy sunday indeed so lets not spoil this one. this is about doing good and not about arguments.

auntie funmi thanks a million. God bless you. we will appreciate more names and any one who can do something please let us all do our little quota for the under priviledge of our society.

God bless you all as you do
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by ayomifull(f): 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2008

1 Like

Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2008
ayomifull:

http://www.littlesaintsorphanages.org/lsodonate.html
thank you so much ayo
Mrs dele George have done alot for this generation.Do you know the very first inmates?Ruth and Esther,picked as babies,they are almost in in the university now.have you seen them going to school?they attend the best private schools in lagos,eat very good food,wear the best of clothes oh la la ,i can go on and on
I pray God bless her and every soul that have contributed in any way to keep hope alive for those kids.
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 10:55am On Oct 07, 2008
ifyalways:
I pray God bless her and every soul that have contributed in any way to keep hope alive for those kids.

AMen i say to that. we ned more of this. been through the site. this is a project worth supporting. thanks for your post
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 1:17am On Oct 08, 2008
where are the other NGO pls. people in naija please do us a favour
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 10:51am On Oct 08, 2008
where are the other NGO please. people in naija please do us a favour
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by MCUsman(m): 11:11am On Oct 08, 2008
JJYOU:

where are the other NGO please. people in naija please do us a favour

Almajiri Re-settlement Foundation. grin grin grin grin
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2008
tks  where is this please. any website, email and address please?  please people lets help out on this one.
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by spikedcylinder: 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2008
Some people in Nigeria are sincerely trying o. Personally, I am too selfish to give so much of myself to children like that. undecided
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by AloyEmeka9: 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2008
Jeremiah Useni's late wife was at the brink of forming a formidable NGO before the cold hands of death came calling. She was the only person that used our stolen money for our own good in Nigeria. God bless her soul.
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

Jeremiah Useni's late wife was at the brink of forming a formidable NGO before the cold hands of death came calling. She was the only person that used our stolen money for our own good in Nigeria. God bless her soul.

cold hand of death is always ugly thank God she left behind some good work. what will we leave behind. what will you be remembered for? think about that
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 10:52pm On Oct 15, 2008
Josh i noticed,almost everyone is talking about the private owned homes.sad.
From my experiences from visits to the govt run and managed homes,most donations/gifts end up in the hands of the minders/workers sad .I got a shocker during my second visit to SOS home in Isolo,one of the kids there,a bright 9 yr old girl told me that the juice i bought for them the last time never got to them.She said the nannies drank it sad .I from then decided that whenever i go to the govt owned homes,i wud buy edible gifts that i wud make sure the kids take before i leave.Moreso,you can also opt to Foster a kid/s . . . . . .pay his/her fees in school .
The kids have no hands in wherever they find themselves wink so lets not forget them too.
Try also the "alakara,Juvenile centre".Its at Mushin lagos state.Thoughts of that place brings tears to my eyes.IOts like a prison.kids ranging from children whose parents are serving in the prisons to abandoned and displaced teens.good a thing,you can even bring them prepared food from home.
God bless us all as we try to make a change in our little ways.
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 2:00am On Oct 17, 2008
ifyalways:
most donations/gifts end up in the hands of the minders/workers sad .I got a shocker during my second visit to SOS home in Isolo,one of the kids there,a bright 9 yr old girl told me that the juice i bought for them the last time never got to them.She said the nannies drank it. Moreso,you can also opt to Foster a kid/s . . . . . .pay his/her fees in school . God bless us all as we try to make a change in our little ways.

many thanks my dear sister. i discovered something similiar this year. we visited the place unannounced. i was shocked to see the work of renovating the place some good people here paid for not done. the clothes we sent cannot be accounted for either. i have been making attempts to get some reliable and more trust worthy person on board without success.

we have loads of stuff and some money we want to get out before december ending. i will see if we can work on the forstering plans. it would have to be on payment direct to the schools.

i didnt know kids have to go into homes when thier parents are in prison. nigeria is really progressing if you know what i mean. my other half is going to work out something concrete in the next 12 months and i will keep you posted. this has become a passion since we lost my gran 5yrs ago, she always went to the homes to feed and cloth in our names so we never have lack. some of us want to keep that flame and may be one day we may end up having a home of ours named after her. who knows. watch this space
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2008
JJYOU:

many thanks my dear sister. i discovered something similiar this year. we visited the place unannounced. i was shocked to see the work of renovating the place some good people here paid for not done. the clothes we sent cannot be accounted for either. i have been making attempts to get some reliable and more trust worthy person on board without success.

we have loads of stuff and some money we want to get out before december ending. i will see if we can work on the forstering plans. it would have to be on payment direct to the schools.

i didnt know kids have to go into homes when their parents are in prison. nigeria is really progressing if you know what i mean. my other half is going to work out something concrete in the next 12 months and i will keep you posted. this has become a passion since we lost my gran 5yrs ago, she always went to the homes to feed and cloth in our names so we never have lack. some of us want to keep that flame and may be one day we may end up having a home of ours named after her. who knows. watch this space
I was thinking am the only one that have noticed that. sad Methinks its best to either go with stuffs the kids can use whilst you are still there eg snacks,drinks OR to foster a kid (pay the school fees directly to the school and get the kids textbooks etc)
Yeah,Alakara juvenile home exists for real but its not only over crowded but its also under staffed.Its supposed to be a sort of reform home but the reverse is the case,its more like a prison angry .
I wud sure keep an eye on this thread,May the good lord give you and your wife the grace needed.
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by Ezinwannem: 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2008
BRINGING EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE TO MANY (BEAM INC.)
www.beaminc.org
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by tpia: 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2008
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by tpia: 10:37pm On Oct 17, 2008
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 7:22pm On Oct 18, 2008
thanks everyone. thanks Ezinwannem. special thanks TPia. someone is helping us look at the work from benin. it looks good. i think there was a launch sometimes in london. got the card but couldnt go. will keep you posted.

tks we can all do our litlle quota for our people. every little helps as Tesco says
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by skywalk: 12:32am On Oct 19, 2008
U cld try SOS Children's Village in Isolo, Lagos. Tel number 01 4974265
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 11:34am On Oct 20, 2008
once again thanks and God bless. wher are people in nigeria? pls help us here tks
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 12:42pm On Oct 28, 2008
can someone help with more charities plss.
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 11:54am On Oct 29, 2008
Gamine, i was expecting you must know a lot about this kind of thing. hope you and your family are well?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Closed User Group Free Glo To Glo / The Craziest Status You've Ever Seen On Any Social Media ? / CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.