Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,440 members, 7,812,320 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Nairaland Is Back!!! - Nairaland / General (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Is Back!!! (50096 Views)

Hurray!!! Nairaland Is 10 Years Today!!! / Seun Osewa, Your Nairaland Is Dying / Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 28, 2014
The level of bigotry and hatred here on NL was more than enuogh to crash it.

Hope NL is back for good now after recording its first ever loss from e-boko haram attack?

Im glad that NL is back because its the only forum that keeps me informed with whats going on back home in Nigeria.
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Olaone1: 1:23am On Jun 28, 2014
lovelyronke20:

I dont post fake news i make sure I check to see if the news is accurate before posting.
lol. I know. Just trying to say hi to you.

How are you? Nice profile pix

Will try to contact you through your blog
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by lovelyronke20(f): 1:31am On Jun 28, 2014
Ola one:
lol. I know. Just trying to say hi to you.

How are you? Nice profile pix

Will try to contact you through your blog

am fine and u?? thanks

oh okay
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Olaone1: 1:33am On Jun 28, 2014
lovelyronke20:

am fine and u?? thanks

oh okay
Doing great. Take care.

Night....night
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by jevic(m): 2:17am On Jun 28, 2014
What's this data loss?
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by TerryCarr(m): 2:37am On Jun 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Nobody: 3:03am On Jun 28, 2014
Glad to be back on NL. Even tho I lost my old account sad smiley
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by zicoraads: 3:12am On Jun 28, 2014
evegran: Glad to be back on NL. Even tho I lost my old account sad smiley
Yes am not surprised u did, the hate emanating from that one was as thick as tar! Maybe you just had a second chance.
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by zicoraads: 3:20am On Jun 28, 2014
mz mariah: I'm sorry dear, please forgive me. embarassed
Kai...this my sweetheart sef na wa o.

E be like this our love follow crash with nairaland.

Happy buffea to me, myself and I. And to the lovely Miracy, happy birthday your royal highness!
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by lorRhyMeZ: 3:38am On Jun 28, 2014
Feels good to b back! Who missed me?
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by deewon56: 6:08am On Jun 28, 2014
wao thank GOD 4 NAIRALAND IS BACK,NO SITE LYKE NAIRALAND.I GV THANK 2 GOD DAT MAKES ME 2 SAVE PAGES B4 NAIRALAND IS HACKED BY WIKED PEOPLE.THANKS 2 D MODERATOR,plz moderator Bring backs those latest forum*
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 28, 2014
zicoraads: Kai...this my sweetheart sef na wa o.

E be like this our love follow crash with nairaland.

Happy buffea to me, myself and I. And to the lovely Miracy, happy birthday your royal highness!
Awwwww...dancing already. plenty cakes grin grin
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by sevule(m): 6:24am On Jun 28, 2014
@ Seun

I am so disappointed with Seun's handling of the Nairaland data attack. He handled it just like any other Nigerian sole proprietor with absolutely no regard for his customers. For goodness sake what is wrong with an apology and an explanation as to what caused the outage? But instead what we have is business as usual and a blatant disregard for customer satisfaction.

And why oh why where backups of the website not taken? There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for not taking backups in this day and age!!! Common Oga Seun that is the most basic thing a web administrator is expected to do! Attacks on web infrastructure MUST occur hence the issue of backups is NOT optional.

While my post may sound very harsh it is because I actually hold you to very high standards and it sad to know that Nairaland is being managed the same way our refineries and utilities are managed. Seun you have done a rather EXCELLENT job in bringing Nairaland to the exalted position it currently holds. Please do not destroy the work of your own hands by mismanaging Nairaland.

Points of action
1. An apology should be issued on the front page. Please do not take the millions of people that view Nairaland for granted. They are the reason Nairaland is the most visited site in Nigeria and they should not be disrespected.

2. Ensure you have a robust backup and recovery system in place. Not only should backups be taken, but they should be periodically tested to ensure that the backups are actually valid.

Please take this post as constructive criticism

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by simdam500(m): 6:38am On Jun 28, 2014
From January to June..... Miracle!!!! This is the future grin
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by simdam500(m): 6:42am On Jun 28, 2014
sevule: @ Seun

I am so disappointed with Seun's handling of the Nairaland data attack. He handled it just like any other Nigerian sole proprietor with absolutely no regard for his customers. For goodness sake what is wrong with an apology and an explanation as to what caused the outage? But instead what we have is business as usual and a blatant disregard for customer satisfaction.

And why oh why where backups of the website not taken? There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for not taking backups in this day and age!!! Common Oga Seun that is the most basic thing a web administrator is expected to do! Attacks on web infrastructure MUST occur hence the issue of backups is NOT optional.

While my post may sound very harsh it is because I actually hold you to very high standards and it sad to know that Nairaland is being managed the same way our refineries and utilities are managed. Seun you have done a rather EXCELLENT job in bringing Nairaland to the exalted position it currently holds. Please do not destroy the work of your own hands by mismanaging Nairaland.

Points of action
1. An apology should be issued on the front page. Please do not take the millions of people that view Nairaland for granted. They are the reason Nairaland is the most visited site in Nigeria and they should not be disrespected.

2. Ensure you have a robust backup and recovery system in place. Not only should backups be taken, but they should be periodically tested to ensure that the backups are actually valid.

Please take this post as constructive criticism

Well said,

*sending message*

Message delivered

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by missuniverse(f): 6:43am On Jun 28, 2014
Nairaland is back indeed

aarrhhhhhh......
6days wivout nairaland is lyk a whole millenium

Whoever did this is capable of Murder!
welcome y'all

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Swash042(m): 6:55am On Jun 28, 2014
5days witout NL costed me a lot.....tank God is back!
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by cdamsel(f): 6:59am On Jun 28, 2014
Mz mariah,teeo my fine boyfi, clearwaters(even though I dey wonder who u be) I see you all.

I didn't miss nairaland but I missed the person nairaland brought me close to kiss

Seun that your time oooo angry. No try this kind thing again oooo,

Thank God it's finally back,we go dey manage am dey go like that

Mynd_44 tongue tongue
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by justi4jesu(f): 7:02am On Jun 28, 2014
Nairaland is back indeed.
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 28, 2014
cdamsel: Mz mariah,teeo my fine boyfi, clearwaters(even though I dey wonder who u be) I see you all.

I didn't miss nairaland but I missed the person nairaland brought me close to kiss

Mynd_44 tongue tongue

my sweetie poraro. Come give me a hug, missed you like kilode.
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 28, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

Fubbyy, welcome back, but ask me where is JERRYBERRY and APATHEIST? Gone for good with Nairaland crash. They will need to reopen an account here because their accounts have been deleted for saying that there is no GOD!

Imagine that!
NL crashed while we were still in the heat of the argument.

edited--or maybe for now that they haven't shown up then they are not existing, because that's exactly what they said of God
Still here. tongue
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 28, 2014
Apatheist:
Still here. tongue

So your account was deactivated for cursing my GOD
Lol grin
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by oluwabukato: 7:26am On Jun 28, 2014
Dem for don let all dem ghosts rest in peace na. Small time the ghost busters go dey use dem resurrected 'walking deads' to do havoc. Hian!

Mbok, make una kill them again oo, and bring the new ones back. grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Just20(f): 7:26am On Jun 28, 2014
I've missed nairaland so much.... my mum too. Seun BACKUP is key. You're dealing with people's personal information. Secure your site and backup regularly
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 28, 2014
Back again!
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 28, 2014
Apatheist:
Still here. tongue

Lol grin
Now you are registered on June 27, 2014, abi? good for you tongue
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 28, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

Lol grin
Now you are registered on June 27, 2014, abi? good for you tongue
Religitard, ALL posts and accounts created after 10th January were deleted-- including those of your fellow religitards.
Is god mad at them too?
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:36am On Jun 28, 2014
Thunder fire enemies!
You can imagine how big my data lose is.

Last Bullet

Bennkumar, cutierashy, Nadia_SA1, Amefrika & all my female costumers, our darling Nairaland is back.
Yippeee!
If you v problems login in, if you v not changed ya password before Jan 10, 2014, login with the old password.
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 28, 2014
cdamsel: Mz mariah,teeo my fine boyfi, clearwaters(even though I dey wonder who u be) I see you all.

Mynd_44 tongue tongue
Hehehehehehehehehe..........Mi miss you pass Theo o tongue tongue
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 28, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

Lol grin
Good to know your god has it's priorities in order.
Boko Haram, war, famine, etc, and he had to "delete my account for blaspheming" undecided
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by dre11(m): 7:48am On Jun 28, 2014
lovelyronke20:

no I mean people send me news, they send it to my email address. Any kind of news celebrity news, breaking news, sports etc

thats great...... do u pay them or they just felt u need it more than them
Re: Nairaland Is Back!!! by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 28, 2014
Ilekere: Lack of security maintenance.

After seeing Lagos' dilapidated Murtala airport for myself earlier this month, it doesn't surprise me that NL lacks top security.

This is going to happen again. It's not as if Nigerians learn their lesson from past experience.

Eyaa, so u don go naija come abi. So when will u deactivate this ur new acct?

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Who Contributes More To The Society: Doctors Or Teachers??? / My Lips Are Too Big, Any Solution? / A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.