Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 (1926 Views)

Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 / Is Android L For Lockdown?(End of Rooting) / [DOWNLOAD] Android L Stock Apps For 4.0+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
With the sugar prices soaring, even Google seems to have lost their sweet tooth. Deserting its dessert theme, the new Android version announced at the. Google I/O developers conference is simply called Android L for now.
Matias Duarte, head of Android design at Google, unveiled Googles most ambitious update since the the debut of Ice Cream Sandwich in 2011, something that would reinvent the entire Android user interface. Taking a leaf out of Apple and Windows books, the new version is to have a wide array of colours and better notifications. Powered by the new design language Material Design, Android L seems to be like Jesus: Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent.
With Android L, Google's OS will literally be everywhere- phones, cars, wearables and TV's. The new OS offers one adaptive design that works on all platforms where one might use android.
L offers the most efficient and effective power consumption. With the ART runtime, apps will operate quicker and open faster. As that means spending less processing power in decompressing apps, this would mean a significant rise in battery life. And, if one still wishes for a longer battery life, there's a new battery saver mode that turns off unessential services, extending standby time by up to 90 minutes.
Android L promises you unbound knowledge right at your finger tips. You'll be able to interact with notifications, right from your lock screen. The OS will use a lot of details to sort your notifications not chronologically but in order of their importance. Another feature is the heads-up notification for the most important events, which pop-up over your tasks.
A Developer Preview version of L was made available to developers on thursday and L is expected to be available to consumers this fall.
Source: www.dnaindia.com/scitech/report-android-l-the-latest-operating-system-unveiled-at-googleio2014-1997948

Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2014
More screenshots

Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by lawrenceunaa: 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2014
Ok
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2014
More...

Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by Mafia4life(m): 3:12pm On Jun 27, 2014
lawrenceunaa: Ok
7ucking coward

1 Like

Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by lawrenceunaa: 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2014
Mafia4life: 7ucking coward
re-read ur post
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by seunpayne(m): 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2014
I love it. I can't wait till it is released. It brings everything we always wanted to have in android esp the one thing that would shut ios fans up: ART. Lollipop is the name I am betting on
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2014
undecided
duh!
angry
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by biomedixexcel(m): 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2014
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by samnificent(m): 11:11pm On Jun 27, 2014
I believe galaxy s4 nd maybe s3 will get the update...
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by danchuzzy(m): 4:49am On Jun 28, 2014
!!!
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 28, 2014
samnificent: I believe galaxy s4 nd maybe s3 will get the update...
. Yeah...they both should, but I think it'll be a maybe - like u said for the S3 tho
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by henryobinna(m): 7:29am On Jun 28, 2014
I thought they've renamed it Lollipop
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 28, 2014
Rubbish
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by zube01(m): 8:37am On Jun 28, 2014
Android make sence oooo! But until they make a data subscription for it I prefer BB !
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 28, 2014
henryobinna: I thought they've renamed it Lollipop
nope...it will be renamed from L when its officially released. Expect a candy-like name too tho
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 28, 2014
henryobinna: I thought they've renamed it Lollipop
nope...it will be renamed from L when its officially released. Expect a candy-like name too tho wink
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 28, 2014
zube01: Android make sence oooo! But until they make a data subscription for it I prefer BB !
Just a matter of time sir

1 Like

Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by henryobinna(m): 9:00am On Jun 28, 2014
O.$.I:
nope...it will be renamed from L when its officially released. Expect a candy-like name too tho wink
ok,
my the first mention am getting after the attack that wiped away all my likes and mentions I guess this will be a new nairaland life

2 Likes

Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by stonemind(f): 9:05am On Jun 28, 2014
will tecno r7 get d update?
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 28, 2014
henryobinna: ok,
my the first mention am getting after the attack that wiped away all my likes and mentions I guess this will be a new nairaland life
Eyaah......kpele.
stone-mind:
We hope so (No for now).You know sir, impossible they say, is nothing. So let's just hope our MTK devices start getting these updates sooner or later.
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by acunon: 9:40am On Jun 28, 2014
nice one
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by Damlesky(m): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2014
booooooooooooring!!!!
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by biz2get(m): 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2014
stone-mind:

Not in their motherfu-cking life...... sad
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by francis247(m): 4:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
Huh? Now way I just start to use Kitkat.
Re: Meet Android L, The Latest Android Operating System Unveiled At #googleio2014 by gustav25: 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2014
Damlesky: booooooooooooring!!!!
u can Summersault and taste your anus

(1) (Reply)

How To Download 2go On Bold 5 / Easiest Way To Enable Whatsapp Calling Feature: UPDATED[video] / Tecno Camon 8; The Android Miracle VS Infinix Hot2; Android One,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.