Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

What I Did While Nairaland Was Down - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What I Did While Nairaland Was Down (922 Views)

I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! / Why Nairaland Was Shut Down / Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by tpia1: 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2014
it was an interesting time, few things that happened:

i checked websites some of which were nairaland clones while others were not.

read a few blogs, most of which had not been updated for two or more years (what's with that).

I spent more time on my site, was thinking of building up the membership.

was thinking about going into business

also, was considering getting a site with nl interface if possible, so i can build my own version of nl (if seun keeps this current look).

yesterday, i checked a couple of other african sites, could barely make head or tail of them, one had half the content in their language, and the navigation was extremely difficult even without that, however, it seemed very active and with tens of thousands of members if i remember correctly.

The other african site, i could not even locate which country it was from, there was nothing indicating where/who it was supposed to be, i saw various countries mentioned but once again, could not make head or tail of the threads/discussions i saw.

maybe i should give them another try and see if i'll get a clue.

anyway, in between watching seun's twitter and facebook to see if he would drop any more crumbs for the one million plus nl monikers to have an inkling, and browsing the web, (checked cybereagles too btw), i'd say this month of june e get as e be sha.

lord have mercy.

3 Likes

Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by tpia1: 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2014
btw, what happened to the 1189317 "members" on nairaland?

lets assume around 5000 - 7000 are actually active, where did they all go during that time?

couldnt figure that out.

i doubt there were more than maybe 100-200 at most nl users posting elsewhere.
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by AbuMikey(m): 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2014
interesting........

what did I do?
hmmmm

fell in love with Facebook and twitter grin
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2014
That period was kinda very boring..thank God Nl is back
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by tpia1: 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2014
i was also wondering what other forum nigerian celebrities are featured on?

they usually post their photoshoots and news here.
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by tpia1: 3:56pm On Jun 27, 2014
the entire science and technology board is gone.
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by tpia1: 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2014
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by Fourcade(m): 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2014
tpia1: btw, what happened to the 1189317 "members" on nairaland?
lets assume around 5000 - 7000 are actually active, where did they all go during that time?
couldnt figure that out.
i doubt there were more than maybe 100-200 at most nl users posting elsewhere.

You should know there are at least unique 200,000 Nairalanders.That 1million+ is crap and it's just the same users with Multiple monikers.You are an example. grin

I would say 15,000-20,000 visit Nairaland at least once a day judging by users and guests online in the past 5mins on NL's frontpage.

I visited some blogs ,downloaded more Rock music albums ,opened a twitter account grin followed Seun,Nairaland, Jarus and other NL monikers i saw there.

Good to be back! I say make i helep you for this thread,e be like say na only you waka come! grin

3 Likes

Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by sholay2011(m): 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2014
Lol. I really missed NL sha.

I missed the OP's posts too. grin
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by Jamie87(m): 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2014

Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2014
I wasn't disturbed. Where is homesteady?
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by homesteady(m): 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2014
itstpia: I wasn't disturbed. Where is homesteady?
I'm here oh! grin
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 27, 2014
homesteady:
I'm here oh! grin
did you hack my account? You are my chief stalker
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by homesteady(m): 10:44pm On Jun 27, 2014
itstpia: did you hack my account? You are my chief stalker

LOL! who is this person?
tpia is this the real you?
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 27, 2014
homesteady:

LOL! who is this person?
Give me back my id
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by sholay2011(m): 10:47pm On Jun 27, 2014
homesteady:

LOL! who is this person?
I doubt it's her.

This hijacking nonsense funny die grin grin

The data loss on NL recently made new monikers lyk 'itstpia' to be nonexistent I think. So, someone (who is out to taunt Tpia) quickly created a new moniker today with the same name. grin
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by homesteady(m): 10:56pm On Jun 27, 2014
sholay2011:
I doubt it's her.

The data loss on NL recently made new monikers lyk 'itstpia' to be nonexistent I think. So, someone (who is out to taunt Tpia) quickly created a new moniker today with the same name. grin

I'm still trying to figure out who is this hijacker!
collynzo is my main suspect! he has hacked about 10 people accounts in politics section gringringrin
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by sholay2011(m): 11:00pm On Jun 27, 2014
homesteady:
I'm still trying to figure out who is this hijacker!
collynzo is my main suspect! he has hacked about 10 people accounts in politics section gringringrin
Na wa.

Ir should be noted that this person ( behind the new itstpia moniker) didn't hack into anybody's account. He/She just created another id with the same name while the former one is non-existent due to data loss.
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by homesteady(m): 11:11pm On Jun 27, 2014
sholay2011:
Na wa.

Ir should be noted that this person ( behind the new itstpia moniker) didn't hack into anybody's account. He/She just created another id with the same name while the former one is non-existent due to data loss.
yea I understand!
but what if the data comes back? what do you think will happen to this type of accounts?

1 Like

Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by sholay2011(m): 11:14pm On Jun 27, 2014
homesteady:
yea I understand!
but what if the data comes back? what do you think will happen to this type of accounts?
Now, that I don't know.

Those that hacked NL no do well oh.

Btw, hi@ 'itstpia' grin
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
Concentrated on adding more zeros to my account!!
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by tpia1: 1:25am On Jun 28, 2014
baked a cake out of potato flour.

[though one site said flour is unhealthy if eaten in large quantities].
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by Nobody: 4:28am On Jun 28, 2014
Ate cake baked out of almond flour.

[though one site said almond flour is unhealthy if eaten in large quantities]. Didn't eat much though
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 28, 2014
itstpia: Ate cake baked out of almond flour.

[though one site said almond flour is unhealthy if eaten in large quantities]. Didn't eat much though

wickedness lol

1 Like

Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by AbuMikey(m): 7:39am On Jun 28, 2014
^^
Clowns gringrin
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 28, 2014
teeo:

wickedness lol
how do u mean?
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by Howmanage: 8:14am On Jun 28, 2014
sholay2011:
I doubt it's her.

nairaland and intrigue cheesy cheesy i think the same thing might have happened to Orlando Owoh / Yorutsekiri
Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by itstpiia: 11:50pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ate cake baked out of almond flour.

Re: What I Did While Nairaland Was Down by Nmeri17: 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
tpia1: baked a cake out of potato flour.

[though one site said flour is unhealthy if eaten in large quantities].
itstpiia: Ate cake baked out of almond flour.

lwkmd grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Glo Bounce "Reloaded" / 38 Person Dead In A Church Alnight, Pastor Survive! / I'm In Love With This Site.who Owns It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.