Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,336 members, 7,819,174 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. - Phones (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. (434586 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Emvino(m): 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
nutarious:
Guys I need ur help brothers.

Bought m2 in November, it fell in water January, I removes battery took it to engineer and got it dried, came up good. Used it for like a month then it brick on downloading whatsapp plus.

I dint have the stock backup so I downloaded kitkat from xda and flash the rom.
It came up good but with this issues.

1=the +button not responding,

2=if I remove battery, there is soft brick.

So I was using it like that, Today I went to Gionee office Ibadan to Complain, was so so disappointed with the hard and unfriendly way I was treated. Nothing concrete was said it's like they don't even understand rom issues.

My Major problem now is this, @gionee office the engn opened it up, by the time he coupled it back. The power botton and - button is no more working.

Pls gurus can bug causes this issues, Pls I need contributions.. Thanks

Th

We will try our best to help you.
When you bricked your phone was it on JB ROM because reviving a JB with KitKat without firmware update can make the phone to malfunction.

Another thing is XDA guys make ROMs mostly for 4gb M2 and advise users to flash something like boot img of 8gb M2 for the ROM to work better on 8gb M2 if you will use the ROM on 8gb M2. Is yours 8gb?

If you were on Jelly Bean stock rom you will need to flash JB stock or custom rom. Vice versa for KK stock or custom ROM.
For the power issue.. I'd advise you do the flashing first. If it's successful and the power button still didn't come up then try to check the back cover attached to the phone as it carries the buttons to see if the buttons' pointers are still good. Also check if the shiny silver that the pointers makes contact with are available because it is through their contacts the phone can power.

Please flash the suitable ROM before you do the hardware thing. Anything beyond your scope don't forget to visit a good GSM repair.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by nuelski10: 11:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
Emvino:

What's the name of the rom you're on?
Is it a custom or stock ROM?
How did you try to tweak the IMEI?
Is your phone rooted?
Do you have mobile uncle tools installed and granted superSU or superuser permission?
And which recovery do you have.?
i don't understand most of wat yu just said buh im on material rom.I've tried to tweak imei with mobile uncle tools buh the option was not there
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by nutarious(f): 12:14am On Aug 05, 2015
Emvino:

We will try our best to help you.
When you bricked your phone was it on JB ROM because reviving a JB with KitKat without firmware update can make the phone to malfunction.

Another thing is XDA guys make ROMs mostly for 4gb M2 and advise users to flash something like boot img of 8gb M2 for the ROM to work better on 8gb M2 if you will use the ROM on 8gb M2. Is yours 8gb?

If you were on Jelly Bean stock rom you will need to flash JB stock or custom rom. Vice versa for KK stock or custom ROM.
For the power issue.. I'd advise you do the flashing first. If it's successful and the power button still didn't come up then try to check the back cover attached to the phone as it carries the buttons to see if the buttons' pointers are still good. Also check if the shiny silver that the pointers makes contact with are available because it is through their contacts the phone can power.

Please flash the suitable ROM before you do the hardware thing. Anything beyond your scope don't forget to visit a good GSM repair.

Thanks boss, the phone was on Jelly bean b4
Its 8gb.

The pointers are still good, I check the Shiny silver it's still available. But I suspect somtn is wrong with the pointers,

Now about flashing, are u talking of rom flashing or normal flashing?

The rom I flashed was for 8gb and it worked only that if I remove battery it dosnt work again.

Lastly, sire, what do u mean by I shd flash rom b4 hardware?

. Pls gimme a good link for a good that won't have issues.

. Thanks man, I appreciate you.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Emvino(m): 6:09am On Aug 05, 2015
nuelski10:
i don't understand most of wat yu just said buh im on material rom.I've tried to tweak imei with mobile uncle tools buh the option was not there

If you have not done anything like change of rom then you're on stock rom.
To tweak your IMEI you need to root the phone. Without root mobile uncle tools is useless on the phone. You can only be on stock or custom rom and JB, KK, or KK custom base on material which is Lollipop's standard.
If you have not flashed a ROM to your phone then you are on stock.
Go and make little research on rooting an android device.. Google is a friend. After that make back up of your phone.
Download kingo root apk,
Install and launch it make sure your network os on and you have data for it to download necessary library files to root the phone,
Touch the large icon with padlock symbol and wait for it to load till you get 100%.
Click it again if it stops.
If you get the success message then you have successfully root your phone.
Reboot the phone and check if you will find a new app with any of these names.. Super Su, king user, superuser.. If yes then launch mobile uncle tools..a pop will come for permission touch allow.
You should back up your IMEI before tweaking.
If you still don't understand meet someone that do understand to help you do it.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Emvino(m): 6:17am On Aug 05, 2015
nutarious:

Thanks boss, the phone was on Jelly bean b4
Its 8gb.

The pointers are still good, I check the Shiny silver it's still available. But I suspect somtn is wrong with the pointers,

Now about flashing, are u talking of rom flashing or normal flashing?

The rom I flashed was for 8gb and it worked only that if I remove battery it dosnt work again.

Lastly, sire, what do u mean by I shd flash rom b4 hardware?

. Pls gimme a good link for a good that won't have issues.

. Thanks man, I appreciate you.

The flashing am talking about is ROM but do it through SP flash tool on PC.
Am sure you have used SP flash tool before. It has most of these functionalities.

Flashing before hardware I mean... You should flash the rom files first (software) and test if the buttons will work before you do the manual repair (hardware)
I've not uploaded my rom back up else I'd share with you. Gimme little time to search for a better one online and i will share the link there.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by nuelski10: 6:48am On Aug 05, 2015
Emvino:

If you have not done anything like change of rom then you're on stock rom.
To tweak your IMEI you need to root the phone. Without root mobile uncle tools is useless on the phone. You can only be on stock or custom rom and JB, KK, or KK custom base on material which is Lollipop's standard.
If you have not flashed a ROM to your phone then you are on stock.
Go and make little research on rooting an android device.. Google is a friend. After that make back up of your phone.
Download kingo root apk,
Install and launch it make sure your network os on and you have data for it to download necessary library files to root the phone,
Touch the large icon with padlock symbol and wait for it to load till you get 100%.
Click it again if it stops.
If you get the success message then you have successfully root your phone.
Reboot the phone and check if you will find a new app with any of these names.. Super Su, king user, superuser.. If yes then launch mobile uncle tools..a pop will come for permission touch allow.
You should back up your IMEI before tweaking.
If you still don't understand meet someone that do understand to help you do it.
I'm rooted and i flashed material rom......material rom is not the stock rom na
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Emvino(m): 6:50am On Aug 05, 2015
Here is a link to Gionee M2 JB stock rom.
Gionee M2 8gb Jelly Bean stock rom
download, unzip and use SPflash tool please.
if it contains firmware file you can pull it out as your phone already on JB firmware.
Also to get a CWM recovery download, and replace the stock recovery img file in the stock rom files after unzip and flash along with them.
Here is the CWM recovery img file
Ctr based on CWM for Gionee M2
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Emvino(m): 7:00am On Aug 05, 2015
nuelski10:

I'm rooted and i flashed material rom......material rom is not the stock rom na

Now you're speaking understandable language.
Which sim are you changing.. Sim1 or Sim2.
What is the error message when you try to change your IMEI?
Note:
This code ( AT+EGMR=1,7,"IMEI"wink works only for sim1 even when you are tweaking from sim2 pane. vice versa to this for sim2 ( AT+EGMR=1,10,"IMEI"wink
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by niceguy7(m): 9:37am On Aug 05, 2015
I want to sell my phones.....all working perfect the gionee m2 is going with the pack and accessories.

Samsung Galaxy win white.......14k last
Gionee m2 marathon........17,999 last
Bold 5 white...... 9,999 lastlast
You can whatsapp me 08075753750 or 08096178785
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by nutarious(f): 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2015
Emvino:
Here is a link to Gionee M2 JB stock rom.
Gionee M2 8gb Jelly Bean stock rom
download, unzip and use SPflash tool please.
if it contains firmware file you can pull it out as your phone already on JB firmware.
Also to get a CWM recovery download, and replace the stock recovery img file in the stock rom files after unzip and flash along with them.
Here is the CWM recovery img file
Ctr based on CWM for Gionee M2

seems the link is broken
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Emvino(m): 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
nutarious:

seems the link is broken
None is. It google drive. If you're on android pls use ucweb browser.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by nutarious(f): 3:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
Emvino:

None is. It google drive. If you're on android pls use ucweb browser.

tried ucweb android,firefox android,and chrome.

tried moxilla on pc,opera on pc, same thing.kindha frustrated.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Emvino(m): 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
nutarious:

tried ucweb android,firefox android,and chrome.

tried moxilla on pc,opera on pc, same thing.kindha frustrated.

That's the link working on my phone.. I will give you a general Link then but all files are on Google drive. Select the suitable one for your phone. JB means Jelly Bean and KK means KitKat.
All Gionee M2 stock ROM

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Buchika: 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2015
Emvino:

Since you've done that am sure you don't need to carry out any back up again. Option 1 Try downloading and flashing a new Gionee M2 JB ROM. Flash all the block using SP flash tool. Make sure the ROM you will flash is confirmed to work well on other phones. Also if you are on M2 4gb use 4gb ROM.. If you're on 8gb use 8gb ROM. You will need a computer to do these. I hope you have an idea. Option2 If you have a custom recovery like CWM you can also flash a working M2 ROM to the phone and am sure it will work fine. I've fixed phones that way. I strongly recommend option one as it's the ultimate. If you can't do it yourself try anyone that knows how to. It will reduce stress & damage. But if you try these things and there's still no solution (which I doubt will happen) then you will have to visit any Gionee office close to you.

My reply was late because I was banned yesterday for 24hrs. I tried replying but no way. I'm still wondering what I did wrong. For the time I will stop using the hash symbol for demarcation.

Thanks, @emvino, I took the phone to an engineer, he said that it is the "panel" that's bad, that it is a hardware fault, that he can't repair it. But I am going to try your suggestion on reinstalling the custom rom

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by nutarious(f): 12:12am On Aug 08, 2015
Emvino:

That's the link working on my phone.. I will give you a general Link then but all files are on Google drive. Select the suitable one for your phone. JB means Jelly Bean and KK means KitKat.
All Gionee M2 stock ROM

Thanks
I will try it

I appreciate ur prompt reply and effort, God bless u sire.

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Emvino(m): 6:39am On Aug 08, 2015
Buchika:

Thanks, @emvino, I took the phone to an engineer, he said that it is the "panel" that's bad, that it is a hardware fault, that he can't repair it. But I am going to try your suggestion on reinstalling the custom rom

Welcome..
I advise people to always do the software repair before hardware. Only few phones survive hardware repair. Thank God the guy was plain with you. Use stock rom first. Not custom rom. The link is below.

Emvino:

All Gionee M2 stock ROM
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Physika(f): 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
I wanna buy gionee m2

How much is it currently?

Thanks.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Emvino(m): 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
Physika:
I wanna buy gionee m2

Thanks.

The price depends on your area. 20 - 25 thousand naira.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Physika(f): 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
Emvino:

The price depends on your area. 20 - 25 thousand naira.

Thanks man.

Gues i should be able to get it fr 23k
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
Physika:
I wanna buy gionee m2

Thanks.
why not buy m3 instead
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
Pls guys..... Hw can i upgrade my m2 to andriod 5.0 and pls..... I hope it will nt affect d ba3 life
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Physika(f): 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
why not buy m3 instead

Why do u suggest i go fr M3?

M2-4200mah
M3-5000mah

Are there any other differences between the two?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
Physika:

M2-4200mah
M3-5000mah

yes...i comes wit kitkat
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Physika(f): 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
yes...i comes wit kitkat

Price? pls
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
Physika:

Price? pls
27k elijah has it... U can buy it from him.....i bought my m2 from him
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Physika(f): 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
27k elijah has it... U can buy it from him.....i bought my m2 from him

27k last?
How much fr M2?

Thanks fr ur response.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
Physika:

27k last?
How much fr M2?

Thanks fr ur response.
wen i bought my m2 it was 27k...... Dont no abt now
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Physika(f): 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
wen i bought my m2 it was 27k...... Dont no abt now

Thanks man
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
Physika:

Thanks man
ur welcome..... If u r in Lagos u can buy it from elijahdre......... His on nairaland...... U can call him to send u his address... As i early said i bought my m2 from him
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Physika(f): 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
ur welcome..... If u r in Lagos u can buy it from elijahdre......... His on nairaland...... U can call him to send u his address... As i early said i bought my m2 from him

Thanks
Bur m nt in lag
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Emvino(m): 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
Physika:

M2-4200mah
M3-5000mah

M3 resolution is more than M2's
M3 has KitKat installed and has lollipop update available
M2 has Jelly Bean installed and has KitKat update available but lollipop update is still under consideration for m2
M3 internal memory is 8gb M2's is 4gb
M3 can handle memory card upto 128gb M2 can handle 32gb maximum.
M2 is bigger in size but has lighter weight than M3
M3 is new while M2 is old. New things are nice and sweet
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Emvino(m): 10:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
Pls guys..... Hw can i upgrade my m2 to andriod 5.0 and pls..... I hope it will nt affect d ba3 life

M2 has only KitKat available for download now no lollipop upgrade for M2 yet. Their are still thinking about it. You can use some custom Roms if you wish but the truth is, the roms are themed lollipop based on KK. KK rom themed lollipop. You are still on KK but using Lollipop UI.
Flash custom rom at your own risk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (190) (Reply)

Nokia Care @ Nigeria: / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.