Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,582 members, 7,816,433 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy (1839 Views)

Dbanj And Charley Boy Pictured Together / Charley Boy Writes On Buhari's Inability To Appoint Ministers / Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy by UnknownT: 1:06am On Jun 28, 2014
Socialite and son of late jurist, Justice Chukwudifu
Oputa, Charles (Charly Boy) Oputa has explained his
reason for storming out of a colloquium organized in
honour of his late father by the Imo State
government on Wednesday.
At the event, Charley Boy suddenly stormed out of
the tributes event held at the newly built
International Conference Centre in Owerri. Speaking
with some journalists in Owerri, Charly Boy accused
Governor Rochas Okorocha of trying to use his
father’s burial to score cheap political point,
describing him as a deceit.
He said the government held a colloquium in honour of
his late father and that despite his earlier warning
that the burial should not be politicized, Governor
Okorocha gathered all the members of his political
party and wanted to turn the event into an APC rally.
The event, tagged Day of Tributes for Late Oputa,
which saw Governor Rochas Okorocha, his deputy,
Eze Madumere; Senator Chris Ngige; national chairman of the All
Progressives Congress,APC, Odigie Oyegun, former deputy governor
of Imo State, Dr. Douglas Acholonu, and many dignitaries present.
Trouble however started that Wednesday evening when the master
of the ceremony announced that the next person to speak would be
the national chairman of APC, Oyegun. No sooner had the APC boss
mounted the rostrum than the angry Charley Boy fumed about how his
father’s burial was being turned into APC event.
He suddenly rose from his seat and stormed out of the event taking his
siblings and family members along

Source:http://www.imostateblog.com/2014/06/27/why-i-stormed-out-of-tribute-event-by-imo-state-government-charley-boy/

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy by DickDastardly(m): 1:33am On Jun 28, 2014
Good News! If only news is true. BLOODY BASTARD politicians must be made to know not all of us are interested in their MADNESS thats currently sinking our once peaceful country!

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy by reedbam: 1:41am On Jun 28, 2014
Stop electing stupid people!
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy by Nobody: 5:17am On Jun 28, 2014
Heard the news. ..very true. . Enlightened people know just how deceitful owelle rochas Okorocha is. .
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy by Nobody: 5:21am On Jun 28, 2014
Okorocha, you are cooking a pot of disgrace for yourself o.

When Imolites will feed you with it, you will say its Jonathan.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy by Nobody: 5:22am On Jun 28, 2014
Now I have every reason to love charlie boy, he is not the type that gives any human Mouth Action because he is a governor. Okorocha believes every thing is about politics. What concerns national chairman of APC with owerri.....Even the looser Ngige was there grin grin grin
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy by Balkan(m): 5:22am On Jun 28, 2014
Charly boy has always been a no nonsense man
Malam Rochas Olaniyi Okorocha will soon be like
Fayemi of Ekiti State
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 28, 2014
Waiting for some Lie Muhammed alter ego like A-bag-of-gworo to either blame Jonathan or Pita Obi
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 28, 2014
[color=#770077][/color] evrything is nw politicized;wat a shame;rochas has sold himself to bigots
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy by ayukdaboss(m): 6:22am On Jun 28, 2014
UnknownT:

Trouble however started that Wednesday evening when the master
of the ceremony announced that the next person to speak would be
the national chairman of APC, Oyegun. No sooner had the APC boss
mounted the rostrum than the angry Charley Boy fumed about how his
father’s burial was being turned into APC event.

I respect the fact it was his Father's burial tributes..but what is wrong with introducing that man as the APC chairman? If APC never asked for votes when speaking on the podium, then I feel he just has a personal problem with APC.

*My opinion please
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy by Abiagirl777(f): 8:57am On Jun 28, 2014
Serves him right.
Let him go and ask Ohakim what happend to him
u get elected,u call the electorate fools.AnuOfia
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy by Agbalanze(m): 9:11am On Jun 28, 2014
This news sweet me die grin grin tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dike, Ebola Virus Is Real!! See What She Is Doing With Her Pet (photo) / Photos:Akon Performs In Plastic Bubble To Avoid Contracting Ebola Virus Disease / Ini Edo’s Recently Purchased Multi Million Naira Lekki Home! – Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.