Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Student Commits Suicide After Losing $3000 USD In World Cup Gamble - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Student Commits Suicide After Losing $3000 USD In World Cup Gamble (1221 Views)

19 Year Old Ghanian Girl Commits Suicide After S*X Tape Leaks Online (photos) / 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide / Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Commits Suicide After Losing $3000 USD In World Cup Gamble by Onwe101(m): 6:58am On Jun 28, 2014
A second-year college student has died after
jumping from the 7th story of high rise building in
his school following heavy losses in World Cup
gambling.
The student who, simply identified his surname Lin
in news reports, committed suicide after losing a
big bet, reportedly over $3000 USD.
A Debt And A Death
A witness who spoke with Information Times said
the student might have committed suicide after
pressure from loan sharks.
"I heard him say 'do not force me' and 'give me two
more days and I'll return you the money'
"He talked on the phone for more than 10 minutes.
I saw him hang up and stand up and then all in a
sudden he just disappeared," Information Times
reported the witness as saying.
An online media quoting a classmate and
friend of the deceased student » reports
that Lin had gambled nearly $7,000 US dollars on
several students.
“We heard that he borrowed quite a lot of money
and the interest rate was rather high,” another
student quoted in the report said.
Deadly China Betting
Lin is now the second Chinese to die in World Cup
related circumstances after a 51-year-old former
footballer, Li Mingqiang, died of 'over-excitement'
while watching the Spain-Netherlands match which
ended 5-1 in favor of the Orange boys.
China has become the World's gambling capital
and just last week, police in Hong busted an illegal
World Cup betting ring which raked in an
astonishing $600 million USD in one week - an all-
time record.
Source http://pulse.ng/student_pulse/baba-ijebu-no-good-student-commits-suicide-after-losing-3000-usd-in-world-cup-gamble-id2944929.html?utm_campaign=baba-ijebu-no-good-student-commits-suicide-after-losing-3000-usd-in-world-cup-gamble&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Re: Student Commits Suicide After Losing $3000 USD In World Cup Gamble by Bigflamie(m): 7:16am On Jun 28, 2014
That was exactly how I lost 100k that I staked on Germany vs Gh. and Argentina vs Iran matches to earn 210k. Gambling is really a bad stuff and there's nothing like sure game in it. Smh
Re: Student Commits Suicide After Losing $3000 USD In World Cup Gamble by seankay(m): 7:37am On Jun 28, 2014
Li Mingqiang, died of 'over-excitement'while watching the Spain-Netherlands match whichended 5-1 in favor of the Orange boys. shocked
Re: Student Commits Suicide After Losing $3000 USD In World Cup Gamble by EnterPRO: 8:41am On Jun 28, 2014
seankay: Li Mingqiang, died of 'over-excitement'while watching the Spain-Netherlands match whichended 5-1 in favor of the Orange boys. shocked

Chinese thing no too dey last sef.

@topic: stake only what you can afford to lose.

(1) (Reply)

25 Of The Most Evil Serial Killers You Have Ever Known. Are They Mad? (1) / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Was Stoned At His Home Town During Eid / The Definition Of Wahala...[funny]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.