Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:02 AM

Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack (16124 Views)

Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies / 19 Year Old Ghanian Girl Commits Suicide After S*X Tape Leaks Online (photos) / 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Kessythegeek(m): 7:20am On May 30, 2013
A father of three, who was identified as Patrick Essien, was reported have committed suicide, yesterday, in Benin after he was allegedly sacked from the transport company where he worked.

His dangling body was found in the roof of the toilet at the residence at Imasabemwen Street, off Siluko Road.

Some co-tenants, who spoke to journalists, said the deceased had complained earlier that he had been sacked, although they could not volunteer the name of the company.

According to them, a co-tenant, who went to the toilet to ease himself, peeped in after knocking several times without getting any response. That was when he saw a body dangling from the roof.

They said the late driver had been living at the residence for the past 14 years without any wife or children but that he told them he had a wife and three kids somewhere.

According to them, “we saw him this morning. He said he was sacked and we later found him dead in the toilet.”

His corpse was later taken away by the police.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/father-of-3-commits-suicide-after-sack/
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by okolichibuzor(m): 7:43am On May 30, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm such is life.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Krasid(m): 9:36am On May 30, 2013
Too bad.I don't blame him though,since it will be hard to find another job in this country.But the wife and the children will be left to suffer what they did not know about.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by VURN(m): 9:38am On May 30, 2013
Sad!
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Neduzze5(m): 9:39am On May 30, 2013
I so sorry for him oh cry
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by kevoh(m): 9:39am On May 30, 2013
Mr. Patrick, how does suicide solve the problem? You are creating more untold hardship for your unknown family by not staying alive for them.
They say : 'As long as there is life there is hope'

3 Likes

Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by RICHARDSYD: 9:40am On May 30, 2013
Its a pity. He taught that is the end of the world for him.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by ebamma3: 9:40am On May 30, 2013
q
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by easyz(m): 9:41am On May 30, 2013
Arrant nonsense.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by strangest(m): 9:42am On May 30, 2013
Wow.. really sad... guess the wife is not doing anything at all to assist the man.... this is really terrible
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Nobody: 9:43am On May 30, 2013
[size=13pt]The things that some Nigerians claim torment the west/obodo oyibo are beginning to happen at home. These things aren't regional. Life is hard, especially in Nigeria. More people need mental and emotional support than we can ever know. Stigmas need to be dropped and the fact that mental illnesses or disorders exist in Nigeria needs to be accepted and solved.

This is very unfortunate. There are several people in his position. I wish he found a support group. RIP.[/size]

10 Likes

Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by CrazyMan(m): 9:46am On May 30, 2013
Why can't people think before taking actions...he was a driver of a transportation company before his appointment was terminated. What stops him from applying in another transportation company which might consider him due to his experience.

Now he's succeeded in taking his life, who does he expect to cater for his family...foolish man.

5 Likes

Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by ellagal(f): 9:50am On May 30, 2013
cry crySuicide isn't d best option!! R I P

5 Likes

Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by dridowu: 9:52am On May 30, 2013
Total crazness, y comit suicide , can't he go into private business. Anyway RIP
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by freecitizn: 9:53am On May 30, 2013
I really feel him. And it's unfortunate he didn't get any help. It's so easy to judge, if you've never been there, where your emotional anchor fails. Its different for everyone and we all have varying thresholds of forbearance. His job might have been the gossamer string holding it all together for him, or might have been the straw that broke the camel's back. To the departed, RIP, and to those who still remain, God help us.

3 Likes

Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Nobody: 9:57am On May 30, 2013
He's a coward. Is he the only unemployed father in the country? I suspect there are other reasons behind his suicide.

1 Like

Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Afam4eva(m): 9:58am On May 30, 2013
Suicide has come here to stay and we have to device means of tackling it instead of pretending it doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by phtemie(m): 9:58am On May 30, 2013
Craziness indeed..
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by kunlekunle: 9:59am On May 30, 2013
the guy for join the militants
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Nobody: 10:02am On May 30, 2013
So sad
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Abujafood: 10:04am On May 30, 2013
Those of you calling him a coward should pray never to suffer from severe depression, then you'll understand that suicide has little to do with cowardice!

3 Likes

Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Brimmie(m): 10:07am On May 30, 2013
Court Of GOD
Offence Number 1. For Killing Himself
Offence Number 2. To Die Inside The Toilet

So Sad!!

1 Like

Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by fitzmayowa: 10:11am On May 30, 2013
Why would someone do something like this

1 Like

Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Nobody: 10:11am On May 30, 2013
People die evryday anyways
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by druid06(m): 10:16am On May 30, 2013
He took the coward way out. When there's life there's hope now he has left his spouse and children in this present Nigeria where the economic situation is too bad to fend for themselves. How would they survive without the head? I wish them strenght and hope to go through this trying time first for the lost of their father and husband and the trials that are about to come. One love!
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by ichommy(m): 10:30am On May 30, 2013
So No hope for him again abi? He now put all the wahala on his wife neck, 3 children
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by nekaa(f): 10:33am On May 30, 2013
That's like the hardest thing anyone will av tu do.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by alphaconde(m): 10:35am On May 30, 2013
He wasn't lucky to have corpers in d compound.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Ruq: 10:38am On May 30, 2013
This is sad.

I said it months ago when a lot of threads on suicide were poppin up, I knew there would be a time were the rates would increase in Nigeria. and it wont stop.

R.I.P
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Dupzulex(f): 10:39am On May 30, 2013
suicide is not the answer to his disappointment,who's goin to take care of his family. when ther's life ther's hope.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by dominique(f): 10:43am On May 30, 2013
Does it there's nothing to live for except a driving job I feel bad for his family, sad sad
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by born2fuckpussy: 10:44am On May 30, 2013
Dupzulex: suicide is not the answer to his disappointment,who's goin to take care of his family. when ther's life ther's hope.
their family will take care of themselves but suicide never a decision, I believe in dream of setting up by business than working for people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire At DSTV-Philips Ojota Studio Building / Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! / Hah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.