Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (197007 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 6 Most Beautiful University Campuses In Nigeria (photos) / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by tpia: 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
itstpia: @ topic
how e take concern me?
people spend their money however they see fit, some use it to send their kids to school, some use it to finance boko haram, others use theirs to finance nairaland, others spend theirs at the photographer and associated places. If they are not asking me how to spend their riches, why should i put mouth.

seun this person is wasting your expensive megabytes o.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by mrintellectual(m): 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
jidesp:

Don't criticize what you feel you can't afford. I've seen Chrisland curriculum and the Standard of teaching in that school is really good. And Kids who are ready to learn, learn extensively. The activities in their school worth what they charge.

I don't mind paying a 10Million naira to send my kids to school in any of the schools Highlighted. What don't Nigerians complain about, your kids study abroad, you complain they are not promoting the schools in Nigeria, and now someone who is affluent enough puts his/her kids in a good school, now you think its too expensive, I wonder what kind of education you want for your kids.

Before you judge people, put yourself not just in their shoes, base your thought in 3Dimension....
Please, remember your boyz here o
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by sebali: 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
cyclones: @op u didn do ur research very well. I teach @ whiteplains british school abj. Each child pay 3.6million per session.

9 be say ya salary na DIE.........chairman giv d link na.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by johnpaul1101(m): 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
What the hell...........am i paying for "school fees" or for the "tickets to heaven"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by pwettyolly(f): 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

They don't write Waec and Neco.....

Actually I can speak for christland ikeja they do write waec although they also write other a level exams and the school has affilation with top university abroad so most student travel out after their secondary school
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MadCow1: 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2014
Education isn't cheap.

I happen to know a couple of kids who attended some of these schools and understand why these schools charge absurd fees in tuition.

The level of education in these schools are top notch. No child gets lost in crowd. Maximum of 12 in a class. Field trips and excursions are part of their curriculum. A lot of hands on projects and the schools pay close attention to each child to identity weaknesses and strengths.

I don't blame them at all. That's why I dey hustle hard for my kids to attend such schools or I fly them abroad where they get same standard of education for less.

These are Ivy League schools.

8 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by pwettyolly(f): 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2014
HAH: Such schools are actually created for social and class segregation as well as networking among the children of the rich, at end of the day they will form a strong alumni where they help each other through out their life.

They don't want their chidren to mingle with the classless and poor, the parent usually can afford even 10M school fees, we are talking of the children of CEOs, top government, and diplomats.

I know of an international organisation that pay their staff children schools fees up to $15000 annually per child.

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by darqly(m): 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2014
MabraO:
Education in Nigeria is overrated
Please how can education ever be overrated? If you had said overpriced, now that would make more sense.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by bigtt76(f): 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2014
At the end of it all, all we get to see are obese kids, trouser-sagging kids none with any sporting skills and endjng up being bullied by other less privileged kids on the street.

Dowen College for one, located in Lekki has an overflooded draininage system passing in front of the building, no standard football pitch or others ....just the classroom building and hostel opposite it. Their food os not even catered for by The Place or any other exotic eatries ...na some cheap cooks for inside lekki der ...some blocks away from the school, they cook their food ..so why spend 2 million naira? grin

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by pwettyolly(f): 9:25pm On Jun 28, 2014
Onyiclara: Please who kws what it takes to teach in any of these schls. I wan go collect my own share.

Trust me pay isnt high although I know of christland alone you get to go for interviews your principal and administrator is white so you knw what to expect but pay is low about 50k
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 28, 2014
sbaks: Just fooiling themselves! Some may be paying money for fees through their noses but they will still want their children to be among so that they(the parents now) can feel among! i encountered some people like that and honestly it's ANNOYING! angry why kill yourself to enroll your child in lekki british when your pocket can afford only command? Smh! Nigerians with fake life! And i can tell you, students in government schools (these days o) are better than many students in 'ajebo' schools in behaviour, and even academics! Mtcheeeeeeeeew
it is better than using the money to marry more wives....this parents know what their money is going to.i hv met couple of students from loyola jesuit and these students are very very very good.forget the money.some of these students are very good. so if i hv to pay 5m to gv my child the best standard of learning pls why nt?

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MabraO: 9:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
darqly:
Please how can education ever be overrated? If you had said overpriced, now that would make more sense.

My bad
Over priced
Thanks for the correction
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by sebali: 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2014
Mad Cow: Education isn't cheap.

I happen to know a couple of kids who attended some of these schools and understand why these schools charge absurd fees in tuition.

The level of education in these schools are top notch. No child gets lost in crowd. Maximum of 12 in a class. Field trips and excursions are part of their curriculum. A lot of hands on projects and the schools pay close attention to each child to identity weaknesses and strengths.

I don't blame them at all. That's why I dey hustle hard for my kids to attend such schools or I fly them abroad where they get same standard of education for less.

hw many of dese children hav turned out to be heroes in wateva field in naija or d world at large

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by NickiRoman: 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2014
To all those are screaming the school fees are outrageous,let me ask you a question if you had the money would you still send your kids to public schools... mtcheeew instead of you to to work hard and make sure your kids have a better life than you did,you are here whinnying and been jealous of another man's success...Nigerian's and their hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by san316(m): 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2014
Kai! It's not that expensive nw. I even thought the fees are paid termly. I'm sure there are schools in abuja that pay up to 300k termly. Do the maths for a year.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by bigtt76(f): 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2014
Which kin fly abroad? Ghana na abroad?

Nothing wey den de teach these kids o!

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 28, 2014
What is £20,000 in naira? I'm just asking oo it does not relate to me smiley
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by pwettyolly(f): 9:31pm On Jun 28, 2014
buoye1: OP dint mention TAICO..,Thomas Adewumi International College Oko Kwara state.....they pay #500,000 per term i.e #1.5m annually.

What of the one own by jmk at oro road
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by wite111(m): 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2014
bigtt76: At the end of it all, all we get to see are obese kids, trouser-sagging kids none with any sporting skills and endjng up being bullied by other less privileged kids on the street.

Dowen College for one, located in Lekki has an overflooded draininage system passing in front of the building, no standard football pitch or others ....just the classroom building and hostel opposite it. Their food os not even catered for by The Place or any other exotic eatries ...na some cheap cooks for inside lekki der ...some blocks away from the school, they cook their food ..so why spend 2 million naira? grin
.Luis Suarez reacts to ban after allegedly biting Chiellini.Read more here: http://wyne1..com/2014/06/luis-suarez-account-of-biting-chiellini.html?m=1#
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by azzima(m): 9:34pm On Jun 28, 2014
bigtt76: At the end of it all, all we get to see are obese kids, trouser-sagging kids none with any sporting skills and endjng up being bullied by other less privileged kids on the street.

ejy do Nigerians have that pauper mentality? my children went to diwen and finished the last year of high school in new jersey. they were way ahead of their mate in nre jersey. yes I could have been driving a range with that type of money buy I chose to drive a Camry just to get the best. for them wjile y friends were driving Mercedes. u give your child the best.

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ValerieXO: 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
To each his own o, I went to one of those schools and I can say that while "secondary school is secondary school" there are a lot of advantages of going to a top tier school. Loyola for one is known for producing really bright students smiley So most times you get what you pay for. Also the level of positive exposure you get from such schools is an advantage. Students from such schools can fit in to any uni in any part of this world without stress.AND since the students pay so much(which leads to a favourable teacher to student ratio) teachers actually pay attention to them unlike public schools where most teachers don't care if they carry you along or not. This is not to say that all public schools are bad o.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by napema(f): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2014
How is possible pay this when many people earn 15k - 20k and less? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2014
datalossvictim1: What is £20,000 in naira? I'm just asking oo it does not relate to me smiley
Ndubuaku1
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Yinkagbo(m): 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2014
MabraO: At the end of 6 yrs schooling they all write d same WAEC and NECO with students that paid far less for same education

Education in Nigeria is overrated

2m times 6=12m...
Pure water and rental services business sure pass........."parttime learning lata"

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by rozayx5(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2014

your correct
I personally attended an International school ( IST) in tanzania and i havent seen anything close to their standard in Nigeria

and i smell a lot of jealousy and hate on this thread undecided

4 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2014
JEEEESU!! You mean a human just like is paying such a huge amount of money for just secondary school anual fee? #2m per anum? In this country? Does such school exist in 9ja? Are you sure this op is okay? Infact pix or ............
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 28, 2014
CFCfan:
Ndubuaku1

Bro, who is that? grin
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
Young Da Naval: JEEEESU!! You mean a human just like is paying such a huge amount of money for just secondary school anual fee? #2m per anum? In this country? Does such school exist in 9ja? Are you sure this op is okay? Infact pix or ............

Nna kuru ume kuda!! It is real oo. I was doing househelp work for one of these big man pikins.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Bro, who is that? grin
Don't pretend jor
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2014
CFCfan:
Don't pretend jor

See how all my effort vanished cry I am only commenting from henceforth. Cheii my account was wiped out just like that cry there is God oo
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by 1stola: 9:48pm On Jun 28, 2014
cyclones: @op u didn do ur research very well. I teach @ whiteplains british school abj. Each child pay 3.6million per session.
Bloody liar!
which white plain school pays such amount?
The one at Jabi-Abuja or another?
linus
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by DECOtech(m): 9:48pm On Jun 28, 2014
aooyelami: I hope their O'level results come with B.Sc, M.Sc & PhD certificates
Abi?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Direct Entry Candidates 2013/2014. Let Us Meet Here / Olabisi Onabanjo University 2012/2013 Admission / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.