Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare (2949 Views)

Viviane Chidid - Soldier Girl Remix Ft Movado & Busta Rhymes ( HOOOTTT !!!) / Busta Rhymes Signs With Ymcmb, Releases New Single Featuring Chris Brown "why St / Busta Rhymes, Ludacris Come For Star Mega Jam 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by Baro(m): 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2008
The hype had been huge and Nigerians had awaited with great expectations as the story spread. One of America’s most celebrated rap artiste Busta Rhymes was coming to Nigeria to headline the peace concert put together by Northside Entertainment (an outfit owned by the twin brothers and their manager brother, Jude) and Howie T’s Kiss Entertainment.
The concert which was to feature also P-Square and a couple of other top Nigerian artistes had been scheduled to hold in Asaba the capital city of Delta State.

At a press conference organised by the musicians to herald the event, the duo (Peter and Paul Okoye) told newsmen the purpose of the concert is to ‘promote peace in the Niger Delta part of Nigeria’.

‘We know there has been a lot of a similar concert trying to promote peace in the Niger Delta over the years, and since anything P- Square does is usually unique, we have decided to join forces with Busta Rhymes to make this a reality’ Peter Okoye one of the twin commented.

The show which is put together by North Side entertainment; an outfit owned by Jude, Peter and Paul Okoye had been tagged ‘Da independence blast’ because the show was scheduled to hold on the 30th of September , 2008 in commemoration with Nigeria’s independence day’ Paul Okoye commented.

Alas on the D-Day the America rap artiste was nowhere near the concert venue. He was in far away America unmindful of the pains he’d inflicted on his followers.

Traumatised by the development, the organisers rallied quickly and a decision to refund money to the fee paying guests was taken.

And by the last count, the organisers had refunded in excess of N15million to the over 3,000 persons who’d thronged the Grand hotel venue and had bought tickets for N5000.

In a telephone chat with Showtime, Jude Okoye, the P-Square manager while confirming our story stated that, “what ever may have gone wrong with Busta Rhymes should be blamed on, the agent who packed the deal between Northside Entertainment and the rap artiste. We fulfilled our part of the deal.

For now we are working details on a new date for the concert”, he told Showtime.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/18438/81/
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by thando(f): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2008
hey shit happens psq lives!!
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by wolexf(m): 11:09pm On Oct 04, 2008
I wonder what could have gone wrong after seeing Busta on TV confirming he will be in Asaba
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by tosinadeda: 7:53am On Oct 05, 2008
Am so pissed!
Tut i saw him on tv confirming d date
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by eleshin(m): 11:24am On Oct 05, 2008
maybe it was a backdoor arrangement,coz i cant see any reason why busta wud have done such a thing been mindful of the legal action it may attract if it is a true channel deal.what about the much talked about collabo,hope it wont be another embarrasment to psquare.
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by idupaul: 11:32am On Oct 05, 2008
Think he was advised by the home office to stay action pending when security gets better in the Niger Delta
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by fastmoney(m): 11:18pm On Oct 05, 2008
busta was not in america on the 30th, he was and is still in london doing a free concert for the youth, lol, Psquare sorry oo
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by MrInfo1(m): 5:53am On Oct 08, 2008
Time for haters (hehe like myself) to laugh
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by TOYOSI20(f): 5:57am On Oct 08, 2008
@ Topic,

Aww, eyaaaaaaa. . . . . . . . . embarassed Psquare, well nyways the show must go on. . . . . . wink
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by eleshin(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2008
[b]p square paid $213,000 to one IDONO EDEWOR who was the agent responsible for the busta show,he paid just only $105,000 to busta.whereas busta was requesting for $180,000.the fault was not that of psquare or busta but of mr idono edewor that collected money from the boys and refuse to pay in full to busta,according to report in encomium magazine mr edewor also collected $43,000 for flight tickets.busta being a big artist refuse to grace the indepence jam because his money was not fully paid,meanwhile according to the same report psquare knew about this ugly development some days b4 the show and peter had to rush to london on friday night to see if he do something to mremedy the situation but it was to no avail.all in all,i salute the courage of psquare to go on stage, anounce the in cident and also perform to cushion the busta effect and after all refund the gate fee to those that attended the show.they deserve a standing ovation from all nairalanders for a courageous act.big up guys better things are coming ur way!
source:encomium weekly october 07,2008 edition,pageA19.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by MrInfo1(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2008
Let hope the said report wasn't doctord. Any how psqure, accept moi sympathy embarassed
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by santavista: 11:28am On Oct 08, 2008
These boys are models to emulate. This is the first of its kind on Nigeria. Anything can flop. Force Majeur can occur. They have won my heart with this display of exceptional character, honesty and maturity.
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by walttt(m): 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2008
dat means i didnt miss anything! i was in abuja cursing meself for not being aware of the event, not knowing the dude didnt show up. tongue
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by Baro(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2008
Eleshin, the show was cancelled and gate takings refunded, no artiste performed
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by Moyola(f): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2008
embarassed
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by tosinadeda: 2:09pm On Oct 08, 2008
r e s p e c t!
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by eleshin(m): 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2008
Baro:

Eleshin, the show was cancelled and gate takings refunded, no artiste performed
i was not at the show,but read the show report inside encomium."according to the soft sell magazine".
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by ksmallsz(m): 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2008
They'll sure find a way out!
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by Grizzly(m): 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2008
P Square no reach,
Long live Buss-a-Buss
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by dipo2much(m): 8:52am On Oct 09, 2008
Grizzly:

P Square no reach,
Long live Buss-a-Buss

U no sabi read abi??
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by timbabng(m): 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2008
:p :p
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by chiogo(f): 8:28pm On Oct 10, 2008
Who even cares about Busta Rhymes? tsk! Lol, well, too bad for P-square. The good part is that the folks got their money refunded.
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by eleshin(m): 9:52am On Oct 11, 2008
presently psquare are bigger than busta in africa,they shudnt sweat
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by MrInfo1(m): 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2008
eleshin/encomium weekly magazine part of the story  undecided

eleshin:

perform to cushion the busta effect and after all refund the gate fee to those that attended the show.

Baro  side of the story   undecided
Baro:

the show was cancelled and gate takings refunded, no artiste performed

huh
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by eleshin(m): 11:06pm On Oct 11, 2008
infobaba:

eleshin/encomium weekly magazine part of the story undecided

Baro side of the story undecided
huh

i did quote my source of the info,hope you get the paper,nd read for urself,i'm not disputing baro cos i was not at the show but i posted what i read in the paper 4 some of us that did not attend the show,what is your problem with that,hope what i'm thinking is not happening to you?,i requested 4 ur favour to use my sony ericson phone using zain as modem 4 my lappy,you refuse bluntly cos you are one local champion on that board(phone),the multilinks i'm using is not ok at all.on that board you guys are not nairalandic cos you dont offer to help like typical nairalander.
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by dami9ja(m): 8:27am On Oct 12, 2008
@eleshin, plz dnt talk to our Infobaba like that or else. . . angry
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by eleshin(m): 4:52pm On Oct 12, 2008
i expect info himself to reply not an apprentice
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by dami9ja(m): 9:57pm On Oct 12, 2008
@Eleshin, grin cheesy atleast i browse using my phone as modem grin cheesy
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by eleshin(m): 11:00am On Oct 13, 2008
dami9ja:

@Eleshin, grin cheesy atleast i browse using my phone as modem grin cheesy
pls dammy even though the master is not ready to help,can you come to my aid.i'm always online. eleshin01 is YIM addy.expecting ur response
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by shilling(f): 4:22pm On Oct 13, 2008
Psquare has shown a lot of class and maturity.
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by fastmoney(m): 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2008
P-square handled everything maturely, but sum1 here said p-square r more famous than busta in africa, ur lucky eldee got bored and is now deleting niggazz randomly or else u would have gotten the cure,
Re: Busta Rhymes Ignores Psquare by eleshin(m): 10:04pm On Oct 14, 2008
fastmoney:

P-square handled everything maturely, but someone here said p-square r more famous than busta in africa, ur lucky eldee got bored and is now deleting niggazz randomly or else u would have gotten the cure,
i said it,every music head will know that psquare are the biggest thing in african music presently.peter even echo the same thing in an interview"this is our country and,p square is more popular than busta rhymes.maybe if you talk about america.okay?but not in nigeria or AFRICA for that matter.we have conquered it."i agree with him totally,they've conquer africa as a continent.busta is not as psquare in africa presently PRESENTLY.not everything you dont know are untrue,

(1) (2) (Reply)

P-square Storms America, With Neyo, Akon, Tyrese, Mya, Drake And More / Download Reekado Banks – Like / DOWNLOAD Zingah For The Level EP (zip & Mp3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.