Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). (102454 Views)

Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails / How Many Rabbits Do You See? / get Rabbits and guinea pigs healthy ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Sanyabo(m): 6:53am On Jan 07, 2015
I am interested in setting up semi commercial rabbit farming in south West, Pls any ideal where I can undergo some training. Also. Need information on its profitability and demand
Sanyabo
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by nenyibabs: 10:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
dyoungforester:
FOR SALE! FOR SALE!! FOR SALE!!!
RABBIT WATER TROOPHS AND FEEDING TROOPHS ARE FOR SALE AT CHEAPEST AND AFFORDABLE PRIZES. WHY THESE WATER AND FEEDING TROOPHS AS WE ALL KNOW THAT RABBITS ARE WASTEFUL EATER BY EITHER MAKING THEIR TEETH AND LONG SHARP CLAWS TO WASTE THEIR DRINKING WATER AND FOOD WHICH MEET TO PROVIDE ADEQUATE NORMAL BODY FUNCTIONS FOR THEM AND WATER TO AID THEIR DIGESTIVE SYSTEM PROPERLY. AS A RESULT OF INSUFFICIENT FOOD AND WATER ALL THESE COMPILE TOGETHER RESULTING IN STUNTED GROWTH IN THE RABBIT AND ALSO AIDS DISEASE TO MANIFEST IN YOUR FARM WHEN THEIR IMMUNE SYSTEM IS WEAK AS A RESULT OF INSUFFICIENT FOODS AND WATER. THE SOLUTION IS HERE GET APPROPRIATE WATER AND FEEDING TROOPHS FOR THEM AND CONTINUE TO ENJOY THE BENEFITS OF THIS LOVELY AND MOST DELICIOUS MEAT EVER KNOWN TO MAN.THANKS
DYOUNGFORESTER.
MOTTO: BREEDING TO BE THE BEST.

Please how much do the troughs cost? And I need kindling boxes as well, do you stock them?
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 10:09am On Jan 12, 2015
@ nenyibabs Each water trouph and feeding trouph is sold at the rate of N500 each. Thanks
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 10:15am On Jan 12, 2015
@sanyabo, I don't really know where you can acquire some training regarding rabbit production but I think if you need more detail and training you can consult me and I will gladly help you in accomplishing your desire.thanks Dyoungforester

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by hungryfool: 10:05am On Feb 16, 2015
@SAMSHOZ: from my own little experience concerning manges: there two ways to go about it invasive and non-invasive; the invasive method have been suggested by someone else (ivemectin injection).

The non-invasive method I am suggesting I have put to use many times, it is the use of liquid paraffin topically.

Apply drops of liquid paraffin to the affected spots usually on top of the nose, around the mouth, front paws etc. The Manges will fall off within 24 to 48 hours.
samshoz:
Pls, what can I give to my buck, it has a somewhat rot-like nails and ontop its nose too?

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 9:43am On Feb 20, 2015
Cool@ hungryfood, hope the second methods is not too risky because u're only curing the outer part whle neglecting the inner part... Thanks

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 9:55am On Feb 20, 2015
That is the image of zero fat rabbit meat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Lanreallenjay: 8:43am On Mar 14, 2015
Mod, Pls can you post or recommend a link to pdf guide or instructions about cultivating rabbits? Thank you
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 8:12am On Mar 18, 2015
Thanks I will as soon as I can.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by samshoz(m): 5:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
help my bunny is losing hair and weight.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2015
Pls give more details about the wellbeing of your rabbit and the negative symtoms. Samshoz
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by samshoz(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
this how it looks.

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2015
@ samshot, with what I had seen and I think the rabbit eat and pulled out her fur by herself due to some constrain like when she is hungry and she had not be fed on time, she needs hays I.e grasses.
Or if the rabbit is kept with other rabbit the others ones might eat her fur like canibalising each other due to hungry and they need fibers to help them with their daily activities. Thanks
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by samshoz(m): 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
I have have given Ivermectin injection already. But why the weight loss?
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by 1stUnique(m): 11:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
stumble in dis thread today and av gone through from d beginning. I must commend
dyoungforester
hungryfool
stanzo
FarmTech
and the rest am unable to mention....

I am about to finish an hutch that has 5space just for a start and look at how d marketing issues will be. that has been my major concern of d whole thing...
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 12:47am On Apr 09, 2015
thanks wishing you the best in all, if you need our assistance kindly let us know.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by stanzo: 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
1stUnique:
stumble in dis thread today and av gone through from d beginning. I must commend
dyoungforester
hungryfool
stanzo
FarmTech

I am about to finish an hutch that has 5space just for a start and look at how d marketing issues will be. that has been my major concern of d whole thing...
What's your location?
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by 1stUnique(m): 10:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
stanzo:

What's your location?

ibadan
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by FarmTech(m): 10:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
1stUnique:
dyoungforester
hungryfool
stanzo
FarmTech

Seriously work on marketing. Target students too.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by 1stUnique(m): 10:50pm On Apr 10, 2015
FarmTech:

Seriously work on marketing. Target students too.

Alryt boss..
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by samshoz(m): 9:15pm On May 03, 2015
What can be given to a rabbit that was bulky and now slim? Q2: What can can be done improve rabbit with poor growth? Its peer has developed?
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by samshoz(m): 9:17pm On May 03, 2015
What can be given to a rabbit that was bulky and now slim? Q2: What can be done to improve rabbit with poor growth? while Its peer has developed.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 11:52am On May 06, 2015
You can feed the rabbit with concentrated commercial feeds which is sold at ventinary shop I.e TOP grower feeds ( peletized), 2nd slower growth rate might be inherent but later on the rabbit will grow at a faster rate what you needs to do is to seclude the rabbit from others and continue to feeding the rabbit with a nurish feed with much fats content. Thanks Dyoung forester

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 12:48pm On May 06, 2015
Dyoung forester with another dimension in animal rearing

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 12:53pm On May 06, 2015
Dwarf ram

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 1:01pm On May 06, 2015
Cross breed

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by FarmTech(m): 12:09am On May 07, 2015
dyoungforester:
You can feed the rabbit with concentrated commercial feeds which is sold at ventinary shop I.e TOP grower feeds ( peletized), 2nd slower growth rate might be inherent but later on the rabbit will grow at a faster rate what you needs to do is to seclude the rabbit from others and continue to feeding the rabbit with a nurish feed with much fats content. Thanks Dyoung forester
Just to remind him not to feed layers feed bc of too much calcium - kidney stone.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Olamilec(m): 9:37am On May 07, 2015
These are my buck and doe, the buck name is Barry White born on 22nd May, 2014 while the doe is Queen born on 29th July, 2014. She had birth twice but all die because of lack of care from the person I kept them with but now they are with me and just get them this new cage for 10k, good food and livestocks multivitamin as you can see in their water. The doe is now two weeks pregnant.
@dyoundforester: please I need a feeding plate and water bottles for them, I mean modern one not local or good local if possible.

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by Cleoo(f): 6:23am On May 10, 2015
Olamilec:
These are my buck and doe, the buck name is Barry White born on 22nd May, 2014 while the doe is Queen born on 29th July, 2014. She had birth twice but all die because of lack of care from the person I kept them with but now they are with me and just get them this new cage for 10k, good food and livestocks multivitamin as you can see in their water. The doe is now two weeks pregnant.
@dyoundforester: please I need a feeding plate and water bottles for them, I mean modern one not local or good local if possible.
I ve two mature females, how will I know if they are pregnant? Uptill now no signs of pregnancy upon to say I Don keep them with the males(Even though the females don't agree to open their bombom for the male to penetrate them. How sure am I that the male had an entrance, cuz the females no gree? secondly, how can I know the sex? I don't know how to determine the sex of my rabbits, I noticed that the weaners look the same. I Don search search, press press, touched under its stomach, yet no vital sign of its sex.... Plz, how can I be able to know the sex?
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by samshoz(m): 9:52am On May 10, 2015
Cleoo:
I ve two mature females, how will I know if they are pregnant? Uptill now no signs of pregnancy upon to say I Don keep them with the males(Even though the females don't agree to open their bombom for the male to penetrate them. How sure am I that the male had an entrance, cuz the females no gree? secondly, how can I know the sex? I don't know how to determine the sex of my rabbits, I noticed that the weaners look the same. I Don search search, press press, touched under its stomach, yet no vital sign of its sex.... Plz, how can I be able to know the sex?
Here is how to know their gender. But for pregnancy to take place, bucks must mount doe few seconds for it to happen. And you take the doe to bucks cage, not the other way round.

Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by samshoz(m): 9:55am On May 10, 2015
1st pix is female(doe), 2&3 are male(buck) rabbit organs.
Re: Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). by dyoungforester(m): 2:53pm On May 10, 2015
At olamilec.... Nice job,i also salute my co-

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply)

World's Biggest Cow Escapes Slaughter Because It's Too Big To Fit In Abattoir / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. / A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.