Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief (46496 Views)

Super Eagles - The Way Forward / Nigeria’s Super Eagles; The First African Team To Qualify For 2014 World Cup In / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by 1miccza: 9:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
No matter the picture we try to paint,Racism is still in full Swing in every White man's blood!!!
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by JAYEFF: 9:08pm On Jun 28, 2014
Here's the problem:
U nigerians would prefer foreign players to our own yet its still the same u that will complain! Do u expect high props when u look down on urself? European leagues are better......fine! Mba scored when Yaya Toure couldnt!
How many of u can name the 20 teams in the glo caf premier league off hand?
We are the cause of our own sickness, and until we start to heal from the grassroots, the international community will stll be looking down on us!

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by SOLARPOWER1(f): 9:08pm On Jun 28, 2014
lagtech:

But which 'Africans" behaved like animals?

Kanu
Abedi Pele
Roger Mila
Okocha
Odegbemi
Yekini
Eto
Fish
Diouf

@Seun
You
Me

Nigerians
Camerounians
South Africans
Egyptians

And what country are these people from who did crazy things at the world cup

Zidane-head butted someone at the Final
Pepe-head butt
Suarez-bit someone
Mardonna-used Cocaine

All human beings can act like animals-white-black-red-yellow-blue-pink-men-women-Africans-Europeans-Americans-Asians
Mr Mac-10 hope u openly recieved this lecture filled with FACTS. Next is a lecture on PATRIOTISM for you, which I perceive u need badly
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by tete7000(m): 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2014
They are free to think the way they like, it's their cup of tea. It's our determination and focus that matters and not their opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by darqly(m): 9:30pm On Jun 28, 2014
lagtech: Ahmed Musa-played as good as Messi on Wednesday-they dont think of this.
Erm, Ahmed Musa scored both goals for us- saying he played as good as Messi is abit of an exaggeration.. undecided
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by TellBlazer(m): 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2014
mikeansy: well when our players refuse to train after qualifying for second round in a world cup because of money what do you expect?

you cant ask for respect when you have no respect for you self.
Why cant NFF keep their own part of the bergain? If is 2 carry millions of dollas,carry their girlfriends and concubines and travel to brazil and check in the most expansive hotel with tax payers money they wil be number one.b4 they paid Stephen keshi it was a tug of war,come to other sports the same thing. How can we make progress in country with this morons at the herm of affair.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by judedwriter(m): 9:55pm On Jun 28, 2014
Elantracey: Winning the world cup could prove them wrong so we should work on that.
Yep wink but not this world cup. Give d cup to germany, holland or brazil. If algeria or nigeria can reach d semi's, Africa will stun those racists smiley
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by kpolli(m): 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2014
Well ESPN is owned by Disney and they strike me as being racist so am not surprised
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Kossyne(m): 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2014
Maradona: Hi guys, i got this post in Twitter just now.
As I am from abroad but living in Nigeria I have both points of view.

First of all, television is always focused on their public.
Here in Africa, in DSTV per instance, you will see the history of some great African players, the records they have, also their current performance int the EPL or other European leagues. Well, we (and I am from South America) never see this.
There the focus is the players form our country.
There are not much followers of EPL, but you will find much more followers of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter, Milan, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint Germain, and preferable their local championship teams.

There they will put the focus on national teams that have won the world cup or those that are showing better performance during the world cup.
Nigeria has done a fantastic work, but let me tell you, only few people know their players.
Some people confuse Ghana with Ivory Coast.
Not to mention Algeria that nobody knows from where they are from.
So, the TV programs address the matters that the people will be interested in hearing.
They prefer to hear about the chances of Chile against Brazil or Colombia against Uruguay, or if Messi scored 2 or 4 goals.

And when some of you mentioned that by wining things (like sending home France) will teach them how good are the African teams, well that is the actually the only solution.
Reaching the higher states in the world cup is the way TV programs will start paying attention on the African teams.

I am here in Nigeria, I know about the quality of players that are born in Africa. And how strong those teams are.
But if you see the results till now, at the group stage, the South Americans qualified 6 teams of 7 that came to the WC.

And everyone knows how marketing is used on TV. They show only what the majority of their public want to see.

All this in my humble opinion.

I think this settles it
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by temmytanny(m): 10:21pm On Jun 28, 2014
they shwed mess 100times as if he scored all the goals.the commentary in US is the worst coupled with poor analysis.them no even show our naija supporters club,they edited music from viewers.ESPN na trash
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by checkdate(m): 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2014
borga112: Only Algeria will make Africa proud.

France 5 - mumu republic of naija 0

grin grin
YABA LEFT RUN AWARE RETARDED PATIENT !.
I typed mad/onyeara not slow.
. . . No wonder angry members tried to eliminate this forum
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by lagtech(m): 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2014
darqly:
Erm, Ahmed Musa scored both goals for us- saying he played as good as Messi is abit of an exaggeration.. undecided

On Wednesday sir-he did play as good if not better than Messi. In the past I cant say that. In the future-I dont know.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by hunter21(m): 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2014
Elantracey: Winning the world cup could prove them wrong so we should work on that.
even if nigeria wins world cup today, they would still do the same thing.
can somebody tell me why asha as never won a grammy award.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2014
Stop moaning and create your own tv station to say what you want.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Longman313(m): 10:38pm On Jun 28, 2014
nice post @op imajine that agentina v nigeria the officiating was so corrupt,dat is when i realise that oyinbo no like us at all
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by easyelliot(m): 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
Untill an African team wins it, we will continue to be treated like second hand clothing.

Also our big stars havent delivered.

Drogba o

Yaya o

Eto o

You see where this is going, but we, naija control our destiny . If we play the way we did against messintina, i doubt if France can hang with us.
And please dont concede an early goal, that seems to be the African thing to do.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by filipin: 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2014
This borga112 guy is daft and also a mumu fellow.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by filipin: 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2014
borga112: Only Algeria will make Africa proud.

France 5 - mumu republic of naija 0

grin grin

This borga112 guy is daft and also a mumu fellow.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by judyeze1: 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2014

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 28, 2014
jude d writer:
Yep wink but not this world cup. Give d cup to germany, holland or brazil. If algeria or nigeria can reach d semi's, Africa will stun those racists smiley

Nothing is impossible smiley

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by duddey(m): 11:04pm On Jun 28, 2014
Infact,u get time oh!!!
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Ela59: 11:08pm On Jun 28, 2014
The blame of those insults started with our leaders. firstly, Gej was interviewed on air about the missing girls and he said America will know, by degrading all our security personel. Kechi drew forst match our ppl were calling for his head.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Rossikk(m): 11:19pm On Jun 28, 2014
lagtech:

But which 'Africans" behaved like animals?

Kanu
Abedi Pele
Roger Mila
Okocha
Odegbemi
Yekini
Eto
Fish
Diouf

@Seun
You
Me

Nigerians
Camerounians
South Africans
Egyptians

And what country are these people from who did crazy things at the world cup

Zidane-head butted someone at the Final
Pepe-head butt
Suarez-bit someone
Mardonna-used Cocaine

All human beings can act like animals-white-black-red-yellow-blue-pink-men-women-Africans-Europeans-Americans-Asians

Why did you bother responding to that worthless wretch?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Rossikk(m): 11:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
9jatatafo: Whites don't see anything good in us and we as Africans are the root cause. See as our people migrate to their countries and misbehave, our leaders steal our money for useless spending. All we hear is bad news. Kidnapping, killing, raping and stealing, voodoos. Just look at that hopeless Ghanain voodoo man who said CR7 will not be fit for the game against Ghana, at end it was CR7 that scored the winning goal against Ghana. I dey vex ooo

GET RID OF YOUR INFERIORITY COMPLEX
. ANYONE CAN PICK UP ''ISSUES'' WITH THEIR OWN RACE FOR WHICH TO FEEL INFERIOR. A WHITE COULD SAY, ''BLACKS DON'T SEE ANYTHING GOOD IN US, AS WE ARE THE ROOT CAUSE....LOOK HOW WE GO AROUND THE WORLD KILLING PEOPLE, STEALING LAND AND RESOURCES, BOMBING INNOCENT CIVILIANS AND CHILDREN, STEALING THEIR OIL, ENSLAVING PEOPLE, BUILDING WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION, ALL TO ENRICH OURSELVES.....OH WE ARE DEVILS'' ........ AN ARAB COULD SAY ''WE ARE HOPELESS. LOOK AT HOW WE GO AROUND THE WORLD BOMBING UP SHOPPING MALLS WITH SUICIDE BOMBERS, CAUSING TERRORIST HAVOC EVERYWHERE, OPPRESSING WOMEN, OPPOSING EDUCATION. OH....WE ARE WORTHLESS'' ETC ETC. SO EVERY RACE HAS MORE THAN ENOUGH REASONS TO ''FEEL INFERIOR''. BUT THEY DON'T. NEITHER SHOULD YOU.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
africa
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Homguy(m): 11:41pm On Jun 28, 2014
Being respected out there starts with how you treat yourselves at home. The foreign media daily watches with disgust how governments disdainfully treat its citizens in most African countries without any serious aftermath repercussions,yet you are all clamouring for respect from same media cause of a meagre soccer game. Until we learn to respect ourselves at home and abroad, we aint getting an iota more of it from these faded fleshs.,

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Rossikk(m): 11:42pm On Jun 28, 2014
toshmann: In this 2014 we black people are still complaining over minor issues? shocked

If u don't like their comments, come together, organize and get your own sports channel where Amina Ikenna Edet Olawunmi and Efe et al can become commentators.

The Arabs didn't like the western media, they got Al Jazeera and now the west complains of Al Jazeera. Which one be Africa own.

Me I've stopped complaining far back. See how we embarrased ourselves in this World Cup. First Cameroon players had to fight for their bonuses, then Ghana threatened to miss the last match if bonuses are not paid, I even heard the Super Eagles refused to train for their match against France. Who is holding back the bonuses of these african teams? Money that I heard came from FIFA o. How d'you expect oyibo to respect us with this kind of behavior when even we won't respect others of it were others behaving this way.

Next please

OH SHUT UP AND USE YOUR BRAIN. Even before any ''bonus wahala'' the foreign commentators had been dissing African teams. You are dumb and naive if you think their attitude has anything to do with 'bonus issues'. Those are topics they simply magnify to bolster their already declared disdain (even hatred) for Africa, as shown in their coverage.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Rossikk(m): 11:48pm On Jun 28, 2014
Homguy: Being respected out there starts with how you treat yourselves at home. The foreign media daily watches with disgust how governments disdainfully treat its citizens in most African countries without any serious aftermath repercussions,yet you are all clamouring for respect from same media cause of a meagre soccer game. Until we learn to respect ourselves at home and abroad, we aint getting an iota more of it from these faded fleshs.,

Another African looking for a reason to justify his inferiority complex!

Do you treat the USA team with disdain seeing how they slaughtered over a million Iraqis over a pack of lies invented to steal their oil? How they built their economy on slavery and oppression?

What about Australia? They slaughtered countless millions of their native inhabitants to steal their land and resources, and enrich themselves. So do you disrespect them for that? Or do you worship them regardless?

Germany nko? They slaughtered 6 million Germans of Jewish extraction in cold blood, for which very few people were brought to justice. Yet I'm sure you fall at their feet in worship night and day.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by toprealman: 11:50pm On Jun 28, 2014
The truth is that Africa as a continent is still overlooked in almost everything not just sports.
Ballack just like most of the other sports analyst are all egomaniacs. They make it look as if football revolves round them. They can say what they like, I still have the luxury of believing what I want!

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by greall1: 11:50pm On Jun 28, 2014
Most u comment.

Nobleval: Coming back today
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by cheguevera: 11:53pm On Jun 28, 2014
Africans always talking and not working . Quit bit him and create your own tv station

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Amhappy(f): 12:15am On Jun 29, 2014
@ OP sorry bro i watch on AIT so there are no stupid comments. I pray we do the talking on the field. And for a change pls there should be no bad mouthing for SE here also.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Supporters Club Still On The Road From Ivory Coast, Bus Spoils In Ghana / The Official €222m Cheque Of Neymar's Transfer To PSG (Photo) / Saida Mouh: I’m Unaware’, Hakimi’s Mother Reacts To Son’s Fortune In Her Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.