Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,230 members, 7,953,872 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:02 AM

Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here (29467 Views)

Biochemistry Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by chineloSA(f): 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
DrObi:
My dear , there is nothing and no field of Psychology is being label as Engineering Psychology . Be advice accordingly,

grin grin grin grin grin pardon me

Are you saying she studying for nothing grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by DrObi: 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
You can look at " PARENTING CHILDREN WITH HIGHER IQ "
MizTyna:
Psychology final year, UNILAG. Any project tips? I'm doing something on social psychology

1 Like

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by chineloSA(f): 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
Dr Obi,Why did you decide to study in the Phillipines? smiley
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by DrObi: 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
Advice (: check on the APA different field of specialization in Psychology on whether you are in the right track or not.
chineloSA:

grin grin grin grin grin pardon me

Are you saying she studying for nothing grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by chineloSA(f): 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2015
DrObi:
Advice (: check on the APA different field of specialization in Psychology on whether you are in the right track or not.

Yes I know, its just that your advice was blunt and funny to me. Personaly I have never heard of Engineering Psychology.

We learn ooo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by DrObi: 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2015
So private my dear but much more better here than Nigeria sorry to say this.
chineloSA:

Dr Obi,Why did you decide to study in the Phillipines? smiley
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by chineloSA(f): 12:24pm On Jul 11, 2015
DrObi:
So private my dear but much more better here than Nigeria sorry to say this.

Ookay I get you. I wouldn't attempt to do it in Naija neither

1 Like

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by DrObi: 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
Forensic psychologists are scientist-practitioners. They apply psychological knowledge, theory and skills to the understanding and functioning of legal and criminal justice systems, and to conducting research in relevant areas. They often work in criminal, civil and family legal contexts and provide services for litigants, perpetrators, victims, and personnel of government and community organisations.

Forensic psychologists are employed in a variety of areas, including:

Courts and other tribunals.
Mental health (both general services and forensic mental health services).
Corrections (adult and juvenile, prisons and community).
Child protection.
Family services (e.g., family violence counselling services, parent training programs).
Alcohol and other drug services.
Rehabilitation services (e.g., pain clinics, head injury services).
Police.
Academia, research and policy organisations.
Private practice.
Skills and competencies of forensic psychologists

Collecting and reporting (both in written reports and oral) evidence of a psychological nature for use in legal and quasi-legal proceedings.
Psychological assessment and report writing.
Psychological formulation and diagnosis.
Psychological intervention (psychoeducation; individual, group and family psychotherapies; rehabilitation).
Program evaluation.
Forensic Interviewing.
Research.

Obi Innocent Chukwuemeka Ph.D Cand.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by chineloSA(f): 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
Dr Obi. I did my Bachelors ( Univer of Free State ), Honours ( UNISA ) all in SA.

I have been in a limbo, I left my Masters admission and moved to Saudi Arabia to teach English for a few years. I am not in a hurry.

I wanna do my Masters and Phd at Harvard eeehnn? grin grin grin Dreaming big grin grin grin grin Just that my application was not attended to last year for this year. I don't wanna loose hope. But sometimes I need to be realistic.
What other best Uni can you recommend?
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by DrObi: 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
Chinelo were do you intend to study ? Are you currently a Psychology student ?
chineloSA:

Yes I know, its just that your advice was blunt and funny to me. Personaly I have never heard of Engineering Psychology.

We learn ooo grin grin grin
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by DrObi: 12:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
Chi. you had a background of Psychology as of this time you should focus and gain your education.
chineloSA:
Dr Obi. I did my Bachelors ( Univer of Free State ), Honours ( UNISA ) all in SA.

I have been in a limbo, I left my Masters admission and moved to Saudi Arabia to teach English for a few years. I am not in a hurry.

I wanna do my Masters and Phd at Harvard eeehnn? grin grin grin Dreaming big grin grin grin grin Just that my application was not attended to last year for this year. I don't wanna loose hope. But sometimes I need to be realistic.
What other best Uni can you recommend?

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by chineloSA(f): 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
DrObi:
Chi. you had a background of Psychology as of this time you should focus and gain your education.

Well the whole idea behind working was to
1. To save money to study at Harvard University ( one cannot only depend on funding ) I am so terrified of that since I also got married last year.
2. To explore the idea of pursuing Educational Psychology as apposed to Clinical Psychology.

Now I think I have a clear I idea of what I really wanna do, and where I wanna do it.

The only problem I have now is gaining Harvard admission. Thats the challenge. sad sad sad

But I can see if I dont get Harvard admission in the next three years, I might be compelled to settle for something else. I dont wanna do it in SA as well. That's the reason I asked if you can recommend any other BEST INSTITUTION. cheesy cheesy cheesy

REMEMBER ALL UNIVERSITIES CAN OFFER THE POST GRADUATE COURSE, BUT NOT ALL ARE VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY cheesy
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
DrObi:
My dear , there is nothing and no field of Psychology is being label as Engineering Psychology . Be advice accordingly,
I'm sorry to disagree bt there is,it's also called ergonomics # you can check Google sir
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
DrObi:
You have to be strong and direct your goal because Psychology is a difficult profession , is better to take medicine than Psychology because they have got direct treatment plan whereas Psychologist use systematical formulation to treat patients . Be strong .
thanks sir
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
DrObi:
i guess it's a new discipline
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
DrObi:
[right][/right] smiley

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
DrObi:
http://www.apa.org/ed/precollege/psn/2014/01/career-recommendation.aspx is this enough evidence, or you want more cool
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by DrObi: 1:19am On Jul 12, 2015
In the Philippines only one University offer that Far Eastern University in PhD Level only . In India many University offer it and also many accreditation institutions also offer
DrObi:
In Africa I really dont think that any University will be offering that, I have my Ph.D in Forensic Psychology but in Philippines not in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by DrObi: 1:40am On Jul 12, 2015
It an explanation how you can used your psychological experiences to deal with the engineering field ( there is no Engineering psychology ) My 10 years in Psychology studies from undergrad to PhD i have never heard of that, in my 4 years of teaching Psychology in the Philippines I Have never heard of that. I will not talk on this issue anymore but if you thought is correct then apply to any university if thus offered admission then do not hesitate to inform me.
Sammyblake:
[right][/right] smiley
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by DrObi: 5:29am On Jul 12, 2015
since you need psychology for a master program, then go for forensic psychology meanwhile since you do not have psychology as your undergrad course you will need to take pre requisit in psychology and will focus on clinical psychology , amount of credits or units depends on universities.
klassic:
Please i am a lawyer who is looking forward to getting masters degree in psychology.Any advice will b greatly appreciated . thanks
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by DrObi: 5:35am On Jul 12, 2015
Educational Psychology is a great career when it comes to your choice as a teacher now. please stop the big names that are being labelled to universities and take your graduate program , Names matters only in Nigeria or Africa but skills and experiences are other issues in the field of psychology.
chineloSA:

Well the whole idea behind working was to
1. To save money to study at Harvard University ( one cannot only depend on funding ) I am so terrified of that since I also got married last year.
2. To explore the idea of pursuing Educational Psychology as apposed to Clinical Psychology.

Now I think I have a clear I idea of what I really wanna do, and where I wanna do it.

The only problem I have now is gaining Harvard admission. Thats the challenge. sad sad sad

But I can see if I dont get Harvard admission in the next three years, I might be compelled to settle for something else. I dont wanna do it in SA as well. That's the reason I asked if you can recommend any other BEST INSTITUTION. cheesy cheesy cheesy

REMEMBER ALL UNIVERSITIES CAN OFFER THE POST GRADUATE COURSE, BUT NOT ALL ARE VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY cheesy
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by DrObi: 5:41am On Jul 12, 2015
If you are really a psychologist you will not check on google . Google is a site created by human beings, The only reliable source to check on what you argued about is the PAP ( American Psychological Association) and see if what you argue about is among the field/s of Psychology.
Sammyblake:
I'm sorry to disagree bt there is,it's also called ergonomics # you can check Google sir
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by DrObi: 5:44am On Jul 12, 2015
I meant APA( American Psychological Association )
DrObi:
If you are really a psychologist you will not check on google . Google is a site created by human beings, The only reliable source to check on what you argued about is the PAP ( American Psychological Association) and see if what you argue about is among the field/s of Psychology.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 12, 2015
DrObi:
kk you re the expert sir, won't argue with you #.... Pls i want you to advice me on something, I really do not like counselling, Not that i can't do it, bt it's not my thing, and i wanted to go for clinical psych b4 bt yo can't go for clinical without liking counselling, what other field of Psychology do you think i can do?
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 12, 2015
DrObi:
kk you re the expert sir, won't argue with you #.... Pls i want you to advice me on something, I really do not like counselling, Not that i can't do it, bt it's not my thing, and i wanted to go for clinical psych b4 bt yo can't go for clinical without liking counselling, what other field of Psychology do you think i can do?
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by chineloSA(f): 11:11am On Jul 12, 2015
Sammyblake:

Pride comes before a fall eehn?? grin grin
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
chineloSA:

Pride comes before a fall eehn?? grin grin

yo, it's not pride OK, i know wah I'm saying! Bt i can't argue with my superiors
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by chineloSA(f): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
Sammyblake:
yo, it's not pride OK, i know wah I'm saying! Bt i can't argue with my superiors

oookay ooo tongue tongue Chill.

You remind me of one Psychologist I once visited ehhhn, The woman can snap at every confrontation. I wonder how she even passed the selection process.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by chineloSA(f): 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
DrObi:
Educational Psychology is a great career when it comes to your choice as a teacher now. please stop the big names that are being labelled to universities and take your graduate program , Names matters only in Nigeria or Africa but skills and experiences are other issues in the field of psychology.

Dr Obi. Actually I didn't just look at the name and decide on the prestige. I looked at the courses offered in the programme and that is what encouraged me to want to study there. undecided undecided undecided

http://www.gsas.harvard.edu/programs_of_study/psychology.php

http://www.unisa.ac.za/contents/faculties/humanities/psy/docs/Unisa-MA-Clinical-Psychology-2015.pdf
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
chineloSA:

oookay ooo tongue tongue Chill.

You remind me of one Psychologist I once visited ehhhn, The woman can snap at every confrontation. I wonder how she even passed the selection process.
lol are yo a student of Psychology?
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by chineloSA(f): 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
Sammyblake:
lol are yo a student of Psychology?

Not now, will attempt my Masters pretty soon. Trying to make a bit of money before I return.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Easy Ways To Position Yourself For The Right Opportunities / Why Abia Policeman Dropped His Rifle, Walked Away From His Job - PIDOMNIGERIA / Mtn Salary For Fresher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.