Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,694 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here (28833 Views)

Biochemistry Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by shazy(f): 9:05pm On Jun 28, 2014
This thread is dedicated to all students of psychology at different levels ranging from undergraduate to postgradute.
In here we can share ideas on careers in psychology and how to fit in to the little job opportunities available in the country.
This thread will also give us the opportunity of sharing our various experiences of having to tell people why we chose/ choose to study psychology.
Above all the thread is help us become a better person by providing us with seasoned information courtesy of members.
Thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 29, 2014
signed in....... Psychology uniuyo final lap
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by shazy(f): 12:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
@ Akjerry welcome on board. how is the academic work going?
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by kessyzee: 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
Hello. I'm a graduate of psychology from O.O.U
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by shazy(f): 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2014
@ kessyzee, you are welcome on board? feel free to share your experience as a student of psychology and future career prospect with psychology as a foundation.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2014
kessyzee: Hello. I'm a graduate of psychology from O.O.U
Which set? I graduated from o.o.u - psy dept 2010 set
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by shazy(f): 5:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
Hmnmnmnmmn......@Kessyzee and iampoar,I smell O.O.U reunion.its okay.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by kessyzee: 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2014
iampoar: Which set? I graduated from o.o.u - psy dept 2010 set
I'm 2011 set....where DEMOLA is our clas governor
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by kessyzee: 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
Like seriously guys I really want know the main objective of this group...cos I'm relli looking forward to learning more from here.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 30, 2014
kessyzee: I'm 2011 set....where DEMOLA is our clas governor
Okies. I'm d gov of our set.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by shazy(f): 9:58am On Jun 30, 2014
@kessyzee,to buttress my initial /first post as regards the objective of this thread :
This group is supposed to be like a hub for students of psychology,proffessionals in psychology,practicing psychologist,interested individuals lookiing forward to a career in psychology e.t.c.
Here wecan ask questions,share ideas,notify ourselves of job opportunities outgrew that fits us.
moreso,this thread will help open our eyes to areas where we can fit into in the society and labourmarket.
All these will be achieved with the help of each and every one of us

Thank you.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by shazy(f): 10:46am On Jun 30, 2014
Alright people,here is quick test for us all.
How do you explain am "individual" who results to a physical attack when he/ she agitated, vexed or stressed out.

1 Like

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by kessyzee: 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
shazy: Alright people,here is quick test for us all.
How do you explain am "individual" who results to a physical attack when he/ she agitated, vexed or stressed out.
mmmmmm.....I'd say the individual is frustrated by pressure of life....or it has been a way of protecting him or herself in the past and has become a way of life.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by xpizzy(m): 12:39am On Jul 01, 2014
A welcome idea indeed. It's quite unfortunate that a pertinent and interesting field like psychology is fledgling in this country. I believe this forum can provide a spring board to foster discussion on issues in psychology with particular reference to contemporary issues in psychology.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by shazy(f): 8:43am On Jul 01, 2014
@xpizzy,welcome on board.its a known fact that people pay little or no attention to the course psychology as interesting as it is.but I would say that's majorly due to lack of information.
I can still remember clearly how I as aperson felt,and the funny comments I made when I was to put in for psychology in the university.But today I would take back those comments over again.
Together we will promote psychology.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2014
Am proud to be a graduate of psychology from O.A.U. Ile-Ife. I remain Loyal to everyone!

1 Like

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by shazy(f): 11:15am On Jul 04, 2014
@derespect,you are welcome on board.do its fryday (TGIF).Do have a wonderful weekend.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by shazy(f): 11:31am On Jul 04, 2014
MY PSYCHOLOGYEXPERIENCE.
In my discussion with a couple of people who studied or are studying psychology,I understand that we tend to receive similar treatment from people who have little or no idea about the field.
Written below is usually the trend of discussion.
People: so what did you study/what are you studying?
Me: Psychology
people: silent,give a surprising remark or they just roll their eyeballs.
Me: Expecting the next question because surely they will have something to ask
People:Okay.....tell me what I am thinking right now
2,Why psychology all courses?
3,How do you fit in the labour market...like which industry/organisation can you get a job............
And the list of question goes on and on,then they regard you like some superbeing who is supposed to know more than the physical and if you dont God help you.
That's it peeps,share your psychology experience ( on campus,job market,family,etc.)

4 Likes

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 04, 2014
shazy: MY PSYCHOLOGYEXPERIENCE.
In my discussion with a couple of people who studied or are studying psychology,I understand that we tend to receive similar treatment from people who have little or no idea about the field.
3,How do you fit in the labour market...like which industry/organisation can you get a job............
And the list of question goes on and on,then they regard you like some superbeing who is supposed to know more than the physical and if you dont God help you.
That's it peeps,share your psychology experience ( on campus,job market,family,etc.)

Exactly desame questions they ask u is wat dey usually ask me as well...

1 Like

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
Cool thread. Am thinking of doing my masters in Educational psychology or counselling psychology. Haven't decided yet but am on board this thread

1 Like

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by sisiafrika(f): 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
I remember wen I was in year 1, d times I would visit d library only to end up reading psychology and sociology materials instead of my books. I enjoyed dem! Ok, a corper in ma second schl once sed hez going for msc clinical psychology, interesting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by shazy(f): 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
@jultee,take your time,think it through and settle for that one that interest you the most considering the one that you feel will bring out the best in you.all the best.
@Sisiafrika,I had a similar experience in year one which was when I visited the library the most to check out varieties of books.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by klassic(m): 6:31am On Jul 08, 2014
Please i am a lawyer who is looking forward to getting masters degree in psychology.Any advice will b greatly appreciated . thanks
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by xpizzy(m): 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
shazy: @xpizzy,welcome on board.its a known fact that people pay little or no attention to the course psychology as interesting as it is.but I would say that's majorly due to lack of information.
I can still remember clearly how I as aperson felt,and the funny comments I made when I was to put in for psychology in the university.But today I would take back those comments over again.
Together we will promote psychology.
Thank you.
You are welcome maam
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by xpizzy(m): 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
shazy: MY PSYCHOLOGYEXPERIENCE.

It is unfortunate that even some people that you hold in high esteem are suffering from selective myopia. Asking how you fit into the Nigerian labour market in this age is nothing short of a silly question. I studied psychology and am now a Qualified Accountant although with great bias for Psych. I think undergraduates especially departmental associations have a duty to sell this discipline to students in secondary school. If we had a thriving Psychology discipline in this country, we probably would be better off.

2 Likes

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 13, 2014
klassic: Please i am a lawyer who is looking forward to getting masters degree in psychology.Any advice will b greatly appreciated . thanks

U can get ur masters in criminology or forensic psychology. It will greatly help ur career. I bet u.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by shazy(f): 9:04am On Jul 14, 2014
Hello everyone.Its a beautiful rainy monday morning.still wish us all a funfilled/fulfilling week ahead.

...........so this week,I will like us to drop a line on how we have been faring in the labourmarket.especially with a degree in psychology.how do the employers react to that? do they feel you cant fit in or do they give you that sorry.....we have no space for you at the moment?

.......some have the believe that you cant get a job or a real good job in Nigeria with just a degree in psychology except you go further to Masters etc. so how TRUE is that? knowing that its not everyone that has the resources to start a masters program immediately, where and how then do we find a job with a degree in psychology to kickstart our careers.

1 Like

Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by klassic(m): 5:04am On Jul 17, 2014
Thanks ! But who prefer human and marketing psychology . Dont know if they have it in Nigeria or if good alternative is available.I am building a career part along Corporate management part that has little or nothing to do with court. I am taking MBA as my first choice but need a good alternative . I am a member of NIM and currently preparing for CIPM & ICSAN.I need something that deals on human and marketing management. Thanks.
derespect:

U can get ur masters in criminology or forensic psychology. It will greatly help ur career. I bet u.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
klassic: Thanks ! But who prefer human and marketing psychology . Dont know if they have it in Nigeria or if good alternative is available.I am building a career part along Corporate management part that has little or nothing to do with court. I am taking MBA as my first choice but need a good alternative . I am a member of NIM and currently preparing for CIPM & ICSAN.I need something that deals on human and marketing management. Thanks.

Am not sure if dat is available here in Nigeria but u can go for Masters in managerial psychology. I think OAU offers dat.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by klassic(m): 3:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
Thanks, I am grateful. I will check and get back sir..
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by pappyrose(f): 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
Excited to find this thread. Good day colleagues. I'm a graduate of Psychology from AAUA 2012 set.
Re: Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here by pappyrose(f): 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
Excited to find this thread. Good day great behaviourists. I'm a graduate of Psychology from AAUA 2012 set.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls / Wema Bank Salary: How Much Does Wema Bank Pays Their Staff? / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.