Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Mikel's Shambolic And Non-challant Attitude On The Field Of Play - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel's Shambolic And Non-challant Attitude On The Field Of Play (926 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Shambolic Arsenal Sink To New Low Under Wenger / 25 Years After Samuel Okwaraji Slumped And Died On The Field (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel's Shambolic And Non-challant Attitude On The Field Of Play by Sowl(m): 7:33am On Jun 29, 2014
It saddens me when those who we look up to end up bein a factor of dissapointmnt the saying ''with great power comes great responsibility'' in the case of mikel obi,he as failed to live up to the expectation of the age grade competition of 2005,while most of his mate have gone ahead to mesmerise the world in the last 9yrs since then,our beloved mikel as refused to improve from his cautious and highly defensive style of play,abeg my people wetin ona c 2dis mata wey dey ground?
Re: Mikel's Shambolic And Non-challant Attitude On The Field Of Play by olasmith10(m): 8:11am On Jun 29, 2014
will be back to comment.. lemme come back from church.
Re: Mikel's Shambolic And Non-challant Attitude On The Field Of Play by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 29, 2014
True talk!

I have never been a fan of Mikel's un-ending lack-lustre style of football characterized by back-passing, frequent ball disposession, woefull dribbling skills and unenthusiastic spirit to the game.

I think it's high time we called his bluff and break his indespensibility in the team by benching him in the France encounter.

1 Like

Re: Mikel's Shambolic And Non-challant Attitude On The Field Of Play by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2014
Where mikel dey,SNAIL GET HOPE...

3 Likes

Re: Mikel's Shambolic And Non-challant Attitude On The Field Of Play by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 29, 2014
I remembered opening a similar thread before d lost of data...mikel to me has been a drop out in d skul of futball..for now,he is simply unbencheable cus he brings balance to the team...a case study is d game against USA,wer d midfield collapsed like a pack of card...ramon azeez is not as good as he use to be in d U-17 and 20's..he now run aimlessly n loses possession...if lukman haruna was in d team,he might be a option...for now,match rusty gabriel reuben can hold his own against France...am waiting patiently for d tym when Manu Garba will be d Coach of d S.E..then only players on form will play..for now,if mikel is benched,guys na kasala be dat...

1 Like

Re: Mikel's Shambolic And Non-challant Attitude On The Field Of Play by Kog45(m): 11:51am On Jun 29, 2014
matify:
True talk!

I have never been a fan of Mikel's un-ending lack-lustre style of football characterized by back-passing, frequent ball disposession, woefull dribbling skills and unenthusiastic spirit to the game.

I think it's high time we called his bluff and break his indespensibility in the team by benching him in the France encounter.
No problem you can call Keshi not to field Mikel again bcs people like you believe you know football than the man at the helms of affair,but you know nothing.
Re: Mikel's Shambolic And Non-challant Attitude On The Field Of Play by traware(m): 11:56am On Jun 29, 2014
Nigerians should stop complaining about Mikel and just accept him the way he is until we get a better replacement in the future.If you like,complain and criticise him from now till tomorrow that won't make him be more physical,run faster,pass the ball forward quicker or press/tackle opposing players harder.So,what's the use wasting your energy ranting about an issue that you can't change?Patience my people,patience

1 Like

Re: Mikel's Shambolic And Non-challant Attitude On The Field Of Play by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 29, 2014
Kog45: No problem you can call Keshi not to field Mikel again bcs people like you believe you know football than the man at the helms of affair,but you know nothing.

True, I know nothing about football like the countless football analysts who discuss football in several available fora.

Yes, I know nothing about football like the Ghanian president who just redeployed his minister of sports and is exploring due process to sack the team coach.

Yes! I know nothing about football like the teeming Nigeriian masses whose hues and cry led to the sack of Samson Siasia who was tauted to be the best of coaches even beating the Boss to 2nd place.

Yes ke! I know nothing about football like the many Nigerians who were dismayed when Oga Keshi lambasted Osaze for not playing to instruction against Bosnia even when it was evidently clear to all and sundry that his play gave bite to our attack that day.

I only expressed a dispassionate opinion which I am entitled to for the sake of rational interlocution but you chose to be vexed by my rendition for no plausible cause.

What will Nairaland be like if dissension and divergence of opinion is disallowed?
@ taware and Daninya1, thanks for your mature contribution on this topic. We shall endure Mikel until the Boss or a future Coach can tinker a better mid-field maestro in the likes of JJ Okocha.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel's Shambolic And Non-challant Attitude On The Field Of Play by obeski13(m): 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
Daninya1: I remembered opening a similar thread before d lost of data...mikel to me has been a drop out in d skul of futball..for now,he is simply unbencheable cus he brings balance to the team...a case study is d game against USA,wer d midfield collapsed like a pack of card...ramon azeez is not as good as he use to be in d U-17 and 20's..he now run aimlessly n loses possession...if lukman haruna was in d team,he might be a option...for now,match rusty gabriel reuben can hold his own against France...am waiting patiently for d tym when Manu Garba will be d Coach of d S.E..then only players on form will play..for now,if mikel is benched,guys na kasala be dat...
.our midfield collapsed against USA not necessarily becos mikel was removed,but becos they av a brilliant coach who has seen our weakness in d first half,and he exploited it in d second half.as for azeez,i dont think his game has dropped compared to his u17 and u20 days.u cant compare d standard of football at dis stage to dat of d junior level,also what he needs is a bit of confidence.

1 Like

Re: Mikel's Shambolic And Non-challant Attitude On The Field Of Play by Sowl(m): 5:30am On Jun 30, 2014
traware: Nigerians should stop complaining about Mikel and just accept him the way he is until we get a better replacement in the future.If you like,complain and criticise him from now till tomorrow that won't make him be more physical,run faster,pass the ball forward quicker or press/tackle opposing players harder.So,what's the use wasting your energy ranting about an issue that you can't change?Patience my people,patience

who sayz we cant change such decisions,was it not contributions of fans like me and you that yearned for the inclusion of osaze odemwingie,this is how it all started,i dont see no reason why mikel shouldnt hav improved all dis while bcoz as a player,its your best bet to always evolve in2 a beta player so dat you can kip up 2d jones's of the game @ d highset level,its only a mata of time b4 mikels guaranteed shirt in the super eagles bcumz a mirage and more competent and efficient legs would cum 2replace him.
Re: Mikel's Shambolic And Non-challant Attitude On The Field Of Play by donphilopus: 7:07am On Jun 30, 2014
I don't see any reason people should be supporting Mikel sentimentally and aimlessly. Being a Chelsea fan doesn't mean you should support everything Mikel does.

I don't like Mikel's pattern of football. He plays in the field like a god. How can he player just stay in one place even if he needs to tackle and starts shouting at other players to go for the ball?! What does he think he is?! He should try and know that being a Chelsea player doesn't mean anything in the Nigerian team.

Moreover, he wouldn't try all these things he's trying, in Chelsea; he can only do that in Nigeria. He only tries that because he knows there's no better replacement in Nigeria for the now! If we have a coach like Mourinho in Nigeria, he wouldn't mind, he'd still bench him!

(1) (Reply)

Suarez ‘barcelona Shirts’ Already On Sale / Barcelona Players That Rocked The World Cup / Ronaldo, Messi Or Neuer: Ballon D'or Who Wins It Today? Cast Your Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.