Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile (7331 Views)

HD Photos Of The Tecno Winpad 10 - Specifications - Price / List Of Tecno Mobile Phones Available In The Market And Their Prices / The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by TeenageMoney(m): 10:23am On Jun 29, 2014
You might be wondering what i meant by tecno phantom z saving tecno in my title. Well, there has been criticism by other phone brand users on tecno's stingyness in its phone manufacturing as to quality and backwardness.

Criticisms ranging from Low RAM, No OTA, Low ROM, bringing on phones with similar features over and over again as in the L3, M3 and P3 phones, low battery live, And lots more.

In the last few months, the chinese company has empressed her fans with the introduction of Tecno R7. Her 1st device with upto 2GB RAM, internal memory of 16GB, Not just that, It came it 6cores, that is Hexa-core MediaTek (MT6592) processor.

Though the Tecno R7 device came on Android 4.2 Jellybean, same version of Android which its predecessors ran a year ago, It received a plus as the 1st device also to come wit Over The Air (OTA) which makes it possible to upgrade to a higher OS if available.

Just few weeks back, the Company talked about the coming of something new, something fantastic, something faster, someething bigger and stronger, the Tecno Phantom Z.

The device which was unveiled in Kenya this past week was something magnificient and really worth its hype.

Just like we expected, the device will run on android 4.4 Kitkat, the 1st of tecno's phones to run on the latest android version. Not only running on android 4.4, the device will be coming with 8cores, that is MediaTek Octacore processor, 2 cores more than the Tecno R7.

Most of our speculations being correct, the device comes in a 16MP primary camera and 8MP secondary camera, 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM, expandable upto 32GB by Micro SD.

According to Martin Gicheru, a Kenyan tech blogger who was present at the device unboxing, the device is 5.2 inch scratch free full HD screen is covered by both the plastic cover, bright colors and an unbelieveable android latest display technology, the AMOLED display. Powerfully, its coming with a 3030mAh battery capacity which juices up its performance and 7.8mm thickness

Tecno's Initiative towards her new smartphones in terms of quality will certainly save her in the smartphone market against giant competitors

What do you think about the Phantom Z? will you be getting yourself one or not? let us know in the comments.

Source: DroidGaga

1 Like

Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by lawrenceunaa: 10:35am On Jun 29, 2014
make we see
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by Hubtain(m): 10:36am On Jun 29, 2014
Hello fellow Nairalanders,do you know that creating a table in a blog post is as easy as spelling your surname? You don't have to be a techy or web savvy before you can successfully create a table in a blog post.As a matter of fact,even your grandma can do it too... As a blogger,at some points the need to create a table in your blog post will arise.Table is required for conveying message to your readers effectively,especially when you want to rank things,compare organizations,talk about the differences and similarities of objects or subjects... Without bugging you with too much reasons why you need to learn how to create a table on your blog post before the need arises,I want to hit the nail on the head.
How to Add A Table In Your Blog Post
We are going to start with some simple HTML tips,from there we'll advance to CSS styling of your table.
Steps for Adding a Table to your Blog Post

Find the complete tutorial here: http:///1nRfD6T

Teenage Money: You might be wondering what i meant by tecno phantom z saving tecno in my title. Well, there has been criticism by other phone brand users on tecno's stingyness in its phone manufacturing as to quality and backwardness.

Criticisms ranging from Low RAM, No OTA, Low ROM, bringing on phones with similar features over and over again as in the L3, M3 and P3 phones, low battery live, And lots more.

In the last few months, the chinese company has empressed her fans with the introduction of Tecno R7. Her 1st device with upto 2GB RAM, internal memory of 16GB, Not just that, It came it 6cores, that is Hexa-core MediaTek (MT6592) processor.

Though the Tecno R7 device came on Android 4.2 Jellybean, same version of Android which its predecessors ran a year ago, It received a plus as the 1st device also to come wit Over The Air (OTA) which makes it possible to upgrade to a higher OS if available.

Just few weeks back, the Company talked about the coming of something new, something fantastic, something faster, someething bigger and stronger, the Tecno Phantom Z.

The device which was unveiled in Kenya this past week was something magnificient and really worth its hype.

Just like we expected, the device will run on android 4.4 Kitkat, the 1st of tecno's phones to run on the latest android version. Not only running on android 4.4, the device will be coming with 8cores, that is MediaTek Octacore processor, 2 cores more than the Tecno R7.

Most of our speculations being correct, the device comes in a 16MP primary camera and 8MP secondary camera, 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM, expandable upto 32GB by Micro SD.

According to Martin Gicheru, a Kenyan tech blogger who was present at the device unboxing, the device is 5.2 inch scratch free full HD screen is covered by both the plastic cover, bright colors and an unbelieveable android latest display technology, the AMOLED display. Powerfully, its coming with a 3030mAh battery capacity which juices up its performance and 7.8mm thickness

Tecno's Initiative towards her new smartphones in terms of quality will certainly save her in the smartphone market against giant competitors

What do you think about the Phantom Z? will you be getting yourself one or not? let us know in the comments.

Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by TeenageMoney(m): 10:44am On Jun 29, 2014
lawrenceunaa: make we see

We are already seeing it
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by TeenageMoney(m): 10:45am On Jun 29, 2014
Hubtain: Hello fellow Nairalanders,do you know that creating a table in a blog post is as easy as spelling your surname? You don't have to be a techy or web savvy before you can successfully create a table in a blog post.As a matter of fact,even your grandma can do it too... As a blogger,at some points the need to create a table in your blog post will arise.Table is required for conveying message to your readers effectively,especially when you want to rank things,compare organizations,talk about the differences and similarities of objects or subjects... Without bugging you with too much reasons why you need to learn how to create a table on your blog post before the need arises,I want to hit the nail on the head.
How to Add A Table In Your Blog Post
We are going to start with some simple HTML tips,from there we'll advance to CSS styling of your table.
Steps for Adding a Table to your Blog Post

Find the complete tutorial here: http:///1nRfD6T

So, why all these long stories?
How does it concern this post?
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by McWelling: 11:31am On Jul 02, 2014
I love this phone,but its expensive at 70-75k.All d same,well done Tecno
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by biomedixexcel(m): 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2014
McWelling: I love this phone,but its expensive at 70-75k.All d same,well done Tecno
Too expensive

1 Like

Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by zeanslim(m): 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2014
sure, I'm using something of such.. it shouldn't be higher than 60k, max
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by biomedixexcel(m): 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
McWelling: I love this phone,but its expensive at 70-75k.All d same,well done Tecno
Expensive
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
Its IPS not Amoled, and its not expensive.
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by McWelling: 9:29am On Jul 08, 2014
Samsung s4 new jumia 70k.
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by LordReed(m): 10:05am On Jul 08, 2014
@Teenagemoney
You state that it has a memcard slot but reviews from the launch in Kenya say it doesn't. Check your info and confirm.

1 Like

Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by bongolistik(m): 10:41am On Jul 08, 2014
Check out the full comparison of the Tecno R7 and Phantom Z
www.highteknology..com/2014/07/tecno-r7-vs-tecno-phantom-z.html

1 Like

Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by feaj: 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
I know some really nice Tecno phones you'll love. To Checkout the prices and specifications of these Tecno phones, click here . Free home delivery + Pay on delivery
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
TeenageMoney: You might be wondering what i meant by tecno phantom z saving tecno in my title. Well, there has been criticism by other phone brand users on tecno's stingyness in its phone manufacturing as to quality and backwardness.

lol.70-75 thousand naira on mendia tek..let see..the 2gb is not actual 2gb..the octacore is not actually octacor..when the great qualcom snapdragon s4plus 800 is still having problem running octa core then it mediatek.what about nvidia Tegra?and powevr phones that are having problem to run that..no image stap touch to focus,wireles charging.branded resistant glass..scratch free..is it not TFT..lol..what the protecion??corning gorilla 1 or 2 when htc sony are in 4..2014 phones..htc best 2014 multiple light..16mp..can it compete with the great samsung s4..or carl zeis the best lens..lol..isntead buy samsung s4 at 70thousand or 75..and make use of phone..no upgrades,u can't flash custom roms or fastboot on techno stupid phones..

1 Like

Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by ebene4nija: 5:26am On Aug 16, 2014
chester47: lol.70-75 thousand naira on mendia tek..let see..the 2gb is not actual 2gb..the octacore is not actually octacor..when the great qualcom snapdragon s4plus 800 is still having problem running octa core then it mediatek.what about nvidia Tegra?and powevr phones that are having problem to run that..no image stap touch to focus,wireles charging.branded resistant glass..scratch free..is it not TFT..lol..what the protecion??corning gorilla 1 or 2 when htc sony are in 4..2014 phones..htc best 2014 multiple light..16mp..can it compete with the great samsung s4..or carl zeis the best lens..lol..isntead buy samsung s4 at 70thousand or 75..and make use of phone..no upgrades,u can't flash custom roms or fastboot on techno stupid phones..

every model have their own problems.you can expand the memory of samsung cox it uses its rom as primary memory, and thats not cool for game freaks like me
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by YouSuckDude(m): 8:06am On Aug 16, 2014
biomedixexcel:
Too expensive
its not just too expensive, its way too expensive!! Wats wrong with Tecno self? They've just taken a wrong step... Migrating to InnJoo jare!
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by Collinz2(m): 9:04am On Aug 16, 2014
70-75k never reach u to buy galaxy s4
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by Collinz2(m): 9:13am On Aug 16, 2014
And i dnt knw why china company dey rush dey do octa core. When othe high end phone dey use quad cord e.g galaxy s4, s5, note 3, note 4, htc one series, sony xperia z2, nexus 5, 7, 4 and more. Still yet them still powerful pass octa core device. If samsung use octa core wetin u think say go happen.
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by mjames: 9:37am On Aug 16, 2014
The price is not N70-75 but N56500, please
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by tmanis(m): 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
Collinz2: And i dnt knw why china company dey rush dey do octa core. When othe high end phone dey use quad cord e.g galaxy s4, s5, note 3, note 4, htc one series, sony xperia z2, nexus 5, 7, 4 and more. Still yet them still powerful pass octa core device. If samsung use octa core wetin u think say go happen.
Who told you that note 4 is quad core?
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by Collinz2(m): 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
tmanis: Who told you that note 4 is quad core?
note 4 is comin with two types, qualcomm snapdragon with quad core and exynos with octa core.
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by difance(m): 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
Tecno phantom z has more compared to what's the advertised and the specs online. I just bought it and run antutu on it and several test.

Its has
1. Compass sensor
2. Gyro
3. OTG
4. LED INDICATOR

ETC.

IT HAS MORE TO IT THAN THAN THEY KNOW. SMH
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by parrotibaba(m): 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
difance: Tecno phantom z has more compared to what's the advertised and the specs online. I just bought it and run antutu on it and several test.

Its has
1. Compass sensor
2. Gyro
3. OTG
4. LED INDICATOR

ETC.

IT HAS MORE TO IT THAN THAN THEY KNOW. SMH
u just bought it? oya open a thread to show us what d phone has
Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by Femistico(m): 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
chinko na chinko I still dey njoy my galaxy s4

1 Like

Re: The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile by Regiblinkz(m): 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
Femistico: chinko na chinko I still dey njoy my galaxy s4
we don hear

(1) (Reply)

Modern Combat 5 Internet Error / 2020 Free Browsing Cheat For MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile / Opera News Shake & Win Promo - How To Win Upto N50000 Cash!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.