Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,899 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Are Contract Staff Entitled To Pension - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Contract Staff Entitled To Pension (1078 Views)

Voluntary Pension Contributions Still Very Low – Susan Oranye / Do It Yourself - Contract Version / NNPC Moves To Avert Workers' Strike Over Pension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Contract Staff Entitled To Pension by Bonethugss: 11:30am On Jun 29, 2014
There are some junior staff in my organization that are not interested in the pension scheme as their salary is just barely sufficient, is there a provision of the pension act to cover this?
Can they be termed contract staff?
Please who can help.
Re: Are Contract Staff Entitled To Pension by Bosun99uk: 8:10pm On May 10, 2023
All employees are mandated to contribute pension towards their retirement.
Majority of the people we tag as contract staff working in Nigeria banks, are employees of other companies seconded to the banks.
If your letter of employment says you are an employee of ABC limited, and ABC limited sends you to ZZZ bank to go and work as a teller, ABC limited is mandated to deduct and remit your pension.
If you were specifically employed by ZZZ limited and your letter of employment says you are a contract staff employed for a particular purpose and period without benefits, then you wont need to contribute pension.

Regards
From @PensionNigeria on social media
Re: Are Contract Staff Entitled To Pension by Passmark7: 5:53am On May 11, 2023
Is good to join pension fund in 2012 I join factory workers and in 2018 I left the company without staff us and 2019 the processing in January when I submit my requirements by February 1st week I received 25% payment.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Looking To Expand Or Start A Company? They Fund 85% Of Your Projects... / The 25 Richest People Who Ever Lived – Inflation Adjusted / This Business Is Rated Second Most Profitable In Nigeria!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.