Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? (3479 Views)

Interesting Applications That Every Phone Should Have. / Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. / Normal Bluetooth Transfer Of Applications Doesnt Help.java Files And All Other Appplications File Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by jaemxvivid(m): 11:33am On Jun 29, 2014
Though i ain't a victim bt av witness someone brick his android phone while trying to install myfont app....pls i'd like 2knw d names of apps dat brick android devices.tnx
Re: Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by Hostermipo(m): 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2014
jaemxvivid: Though i ain't a victim bt av witness someone brick his android phone while trying to install myfont app....pls i'd like 2knw d names of apps dat brick android devices.tnx
chain fire 3D bricks android 4.0 upward, and ifont, my font and other font installer brick phone though not all, some font may work on your own phone and brick another person's phone using the same model

1 Like

Re: Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by jaemxvivid(m): 1:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hostermipo: chain fire 3D bricks android 4.0 upward, and ifont, my font and other font installer brick phone though not all, some font may work on your own phone and brick another person's phone using the same model
what abt when trying to root or do the cmw recovery nd all stuffs??
Re: Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by Hostermipo(m): 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
jaemxvivid: what abt when trying to root or do the cmw recovery nd all stuffs??
rooting does not brick, just make sure you read the procedures well. if you have already backed up your ROM then you should not fear Anything about cmw, but don't try it if you don't know much about it
Re: Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by jaemxvivid(m): 2:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hostermipo: rooting does not brick, just make sure you read the procedures well. if you have already backed up your ROM then you should not fear Anything about cmw, but don't try it if you don't know much about it
thanks
Re: Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by swisscarter(m): 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
d only tin dat bricks an android phone is "you yourself"

so avoid messin wif system partitions unless u realy need 2
Re: Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by jaemxvivid(m): 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
swisscarter: d only tin dat bricks an android phone is "you yourself"

so avoid messin wif system partitions unless u realy need 2
broz abeg try xplain beta..eshey
Re: Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
any app that can read and write your system files partition can brick your device, it depends on you..

if you are maxi scared of bricking, don't root your phone...

1 Like

Re: Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by lawrenceunaa: 7:11am On Jul 01, 2014
Hostermipo: rooting does not brick, just make sure you read the procedures well. if you have already backed up your ROM then you should not fear Anything about cmw, but don't try it if you don't know much about it
pls teach me how to backup my rom
Re: Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by jspac(m): 8:17am On Jul 01, 2014
I'd like to believe that there is no such thing as apps that brick phones, what bricked my phone might not brick yours.
I have installed busybox so many times and i have never experienced a brick or bootloop.
Concerning font changer apps it all depends on the font. If you are trying to mod your droid in anyway always follow instructions and remember to back up your rom because sh|t happens.
Re: Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 01, 2014
js_pac: I'd like to believe that there is no such thing as apps that brick phones, what bricked my phone might not brick yours.
I have installed busybox so many times and i have never experienced a brick or bootloop.
Concerning font changer apps it all depends on the font. If you are trying to mod your droid in anyway always follow instructions and remember to back up your rom because sh!t happens.

Busybox doesn't brick or bootloops a device.
Re: Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by chidiezeh(m): 10:01am On Jul 01, 2014
please how do I unbrick my tecno s5 please
Re: Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by jspac(m): 10:43am On Jul 01, 2014
Kiggster:

Busybox doesn't brick or bootloops a device.
I never said it does but yes there have been cases of bootloops/bricks.
Re: Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by Hostermipo(m): 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
lawrenceunaa: pls teach me how to backup my rom
first, download cwm recovery image and recovery tools.apk
Re: Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
js_pac:
I never said it does but yes there have been cases of bootloops/bricks.

okay.

(1) (Reply)

The Original USB Condom / Samsung A51 - Superb Budget Phone With FLAGSHIP Features / Airtel Internet Data Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.