Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Should I Forgive Satan? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Forgive Satan? (773 Views)

Can God Forgive Satan Or Can Satan Ask For Forgiveness? / "Why Couldn't God Forgive Satan?" / Will GOD Ever Forgive Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Forgive Satan? by Bvsteph: 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2014
Yes, i know this is a bizarre question, and am sure you are wondering why i would even ask such. But occasionally, some thoughts come to one's mind and you find yourself wondering why some things are the way they are.

I have thought about issues like this since i was a lot younger, things like, what would happen if satan repents, why is there even hell, why can't we all just go into extinction...you know all those kindof stuff

....Should I forgive satan?....Should we forgive satan? Mark 11:25, 1 Cor 13, Luke 6:37 and so many other bible passages talk about love and forgiveness...The bible also talks about forgiving 70 times 7 times. So why can't we forgive satan? There are some people that literally worship satan and they don't even know. Let me explain, whatever/whoever you hate or do not forgive, has power over you, the person cages you and you do not even know it. At the mention of the person's name you just get angry and think of all the wrong the person has ever done. Without even realizing it, the person has the ultimate power over you, controls your thoughts, your way of life and so many other things. Forgiveness on the other hand sets you free.

Christ teaches us about love. How can a religion so deeply rooted in love, have a strong and passionate hate for another...be it angel or man. So many Churches hate satan so much so that the entire church service is dedicated to him. They do not say one sentence without calling his name. They virtually don't even have time for any other thing apart from "Satan fall down and die"

So what exactly are my questions?

Questions

1. Why can't we just forgive Satan each time he hurts us, instead of carrying him in our mind and sending him to the bottomless pit...like he still wouldn't go there?...Should we forgive satan?

2. Is it possible to forgive someone and not hate the person....is it possible to love satan?

3. Can we add satan in our prayers regularly and ask that God have mercy on him and that he comes to repentance?....Is that not what True 'Love' is? To love without reason....Unconditional, Selfless, Agape Love?
Re: Should I Forgive Satan? by Debeloved87(m): 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mtcheww. Who are you to forgive satan. And you, only have forgiveness because you are human not angelic being, Else you would have been trollin wit the devil to disturb the world. And who even thinks u are not sef.
Re: Should I Forgive Satan? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
if you think Satan give a fawk...
Re: Should I Forgive Satan? by Weah96: 2:17am On Jun 30, 2014
God created Satan like a software programmer creates an android app. Satan never stood a chance because he's an app. Read Isaiah 45:7. God says that he's the author of evil. Fortunately, for us all, I'm glad to announce that there is not a shred of evidence, implied or real, which shows that this biblical God person exists. Nada. Zilch. It's all based on blind faith.
Re: Should I Forgive Satan? by Bvsteph: 1:34am On Jul 03, 2014
So God doesn't exist?
Weah96: God created Satan like a software programmer creates an android app. Satan never stood a chance because he's an app. Read Isaiah 45:7. God says that he's the author of evil. Fortunately, for us all, I'm glad to announce that there is not a shred of evidence, implied or real, which shows that this biblical God person exists. Nada. Zilch. It's all based on blind faith.
Re: Should I Forgive Satan? by Weah96: 2:38am On Jul 03, 2014
Bvsteph: So God doesn't exist?

No evidence of the biblical one. As far as God existing, it depends on your definition of God.
Re: Should I Forgive Satan? by beejaay: 7:30am On Jul 03, 2014
Bvsteph: Yes, i know this is a bizarre question, and am sure you are wondering why i would even ask such. But occasionally, some thoughts come to one's mind and you find yourself wondering why some things are the way they are.

I have thought about issues like this since i was a lot younger, things like, what would happen if satan repents, why is there even hell, why can't we all just go into extinction...you know all those kindof stuff

....Should I forgive satan?....Should we forgive satan? Mark 11:25, 1 Cor 13, Luke 6:37 and so many other bible passages talk about love and forgiveness...The bible also talks about forgiving 70 times 7 times. So why can't we forgive satan? There are some people that literally worship satan and they don't even know. Let me explain, whatever/whoever you hate or do not forgive, has power over you, the person cages you and you do not even know it. At the mention of the person's name you just get angry and think of all the wrong the person has ever done. Without even realizing it, the person has the ultimate power over you, controls your thoughts, your way of life and so many other things. Forgiveness on the other hand sets you free.

Christ teaches us about love. How can a religion so deeply rooted in love, have a strong and passionate hate for another...be it angel or man. So many Churches hate satan so much so that the entire church service is dedicated to him. They do not say one sentence without calling his name. They virtually don't even have time for any other thing apart from "Satan fall down and die"

So what exactly are my questions?

Questions

1. Why can't we just forgive Satan each time he hurts us, instead of carrying him in our mind and sending him to the bottomless pit...like he still wouldn't go there?...Should we forgive satan?

2. Is it possible to forgive someone and not hate the person....is it possible to love satan?

3. Can we add satan in our prayers regularly and ask that God have mercy on him and that he comes to repentance?....Is that not what True 'Love' is? To love without reason....Unconditional, Selfless, Agape Love?

continue keeping an open mind and before u know it everything will dissolve in your mind and ur eyes will clear to see absurdity everywhere and u realize only u have the answer you seek....

Bvsteph:
There are some people that literally worship satan and they don't even know. Let me explain, whatever/whoever you hate or do not forgive, has power over you, the person cages you and you do not even know it

i love this your observation... free from desire and see the hidden mystery (free from hate and see the stupidity hate comes with)
Re: Should I Forgive Satan? by Bvsteph: 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
alright. Thanks
beejaay:

continue keeping an open mind and before u know it everything will dissolve in your mind and ur eyes will clear to see absurdity everywhere and u realize only u have the answer you seek....

i love this your observation... free from desire and see the hidden mystery (free from hate and see the stupidity hate comes with)

(1) (Reply)

Who Owns The Private Jet That Flew Close To Synagogue Building?, Disables Ask / Types Of Christians We Have In Nigeria(part 1) -imoh David / Is Ash Wednesday Written In The Bible Or It's Adopted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.