Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

When Did You Start Watching The World Cup? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / When Did You Start Watching The World Cup? (628 Views)

Photos Of World Leaders Watching The World Cup / When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? / Nigerians May Miss Out On Watching The 2013 Nations Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did You Start Watching The World Cup? by hermesprogidy(m): 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
The World cup is here again with its attendant fanfare and footballing excitement. My question to nairalandanders is, which was your first World cup match? My first world cup match was Algeria vs Poland in Mexico 86. I remember turning on our black and white television and seeing them play a nil, nil draw.
I still remember the CocaCola and Bata adverts. That was truly a great world cup. Let's hear yours.
Re: When Did You Start Watching The World Cup? by starlingbawa(m): 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
Interesting thread I should say.

I saw some of the games of Mexico, 86. Though it is pertinent to note that the first world cup beamed live on Nigerian television was Italia 90 and as a teenager growing up back then and enthusiastic about football, I saw most of the games.

I was in junior secondary school back then and I remembered vividly how I had to starve and walk home from school because I had to use the money for food and transport fare to buy 'COMPLETE FOOTBALL and INTERNATIONAL SOCCER REVIEW'

Yea, Italia, 90 was my first real FIFA world cup!

Cheers man!!!
Re: When Did You Start Watching The World Cup? by HenCq15: 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
Re: When Did You Start Watching The World Cup? by Antell95(m): 7:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
Re: When Did You Start Watching The World Cup? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
Antell95: 1945
shocked shocked
You bi vampire?
Re: When Did You Start Watching The World Cup? by Antell95(m): 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
glitest:
shocked shocked
You bi vampire?

lol, a vampire wouldn't know if he/she is one
Re: When Did You Start Watching The World Cup? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
Antell95:

lol, a vampire wouldn't know if he/she is one

Its a lie....Vampires do know if they are....Its like you're saying, one would know if he/she is a witch or not....Witch no dey fly for night?.
Re: When Did You Start Watching The World Cup? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
Mine was France 98,Nigeria vs Spain.
Re: When Did You Start Watching The World Cup? by Antell95(m): 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
glitest:

Its a lie....Vampires do know if they are....Its like you're saying, one would know if he/she is a witch or not....Witch no dey fly for night?.

grin grin cheesy

wink

1 Like

Re: When Did You Start Watching The World Cup? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
Antell95:

grin grin cheesy

wink

Abi...No bi question I dey ask?

(1) (Reply)

Equatorial Guinea Disqualified From Orange Africa Cup Of Nations Morocco 2015 / Young English Footballers Are 'spoiled' - Harry Redknapp / World Cup Trophy Damaged By Mystery Germany Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.