Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement (13332 Views)

Health Workers "JOHESU" Calls Off Strike / JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum / FG Appoints Prof. Iwu, Others As Members Of FG Research Committee On Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Peaceworld(m): 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
chimoz: After spending six gruesome years in medical school, surviving mb's upon mb's, depriving myself of fun and pleasure and to God be the glory, I graduated as a medical doctor, you want to enjoy same privilege with me. Why didn't you get the grades good enough to see you through med school or do well in utme so as to gain admission into med school. Mtcheew
This comes from ignorance. Nobody told you to go become a doctor, and nobody will ever enjoy whatever you're enjoying because you will always be the team leader in the health sector. I'm ashamed of your association. Bring that your list of demands and I'll tear it up in this public forum.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by omotalkie(f): 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
chimoz: After spending six gruesome years in medical school, surviving mb's upon mb's, depriving myself of fun and pleasure and to God be the glory, I graduated as a medical doctor, you want to enjoy same privilege with me. Why didn't you get the grades good enough to see you through med school or do well in utme so as to gain admission into med school. Mtcheew
STFU my friend! Wot's mbbs if I may ask? Dat joke of exams? The way u guys make noise about dis mbbs, one will think its one hell of exams, but d day I saw d "Almighty" final mbbs question paper, I wept for u guys bc my younger sister in 400l nursing could answer all of it. At d end of d day, y'all are half baked jokers who can't carry out a simple procedure. Stop making noise about mbbs cos dias absolutely nofin there!
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Arsenate(m): 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
lmao see reasoning of a doctor.
we give up
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Peaceworld(m): 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
You're earning N100 as a doctor and I am earning N10 as a pharmacist. I get a new salary of N20 and you say, "No way!" Is that not being selfish?

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by omotalkie(f): 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2014
Arsenate: lmao see reasoning of a doctor.
we give up
As in ehn! Mbbs indeed!
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Miriam4cool(f): 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
beckycool: I think every proffession has the right to request for whatever it is they want. If nurses should go on strike I bet,even the doctors wiLl get tired! The doctors are too arrogant and selfish... Let's see where all these take them to.
If nurses go on strike: hmmmmm; all the hospitals will close down immediately, their is nothing like let the doctors manage.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Miriam4cool(f): 12:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
omotalkie:
STFU my friend! Wot's mbbs if I may ask? Dat joke of exams? The way u guys make noise about dis mbbs, one will think its one hell of exams, but d day I saw d "Almighty" final mbbs question paper, I wept for u guys bc my younger sister in 400l nursing could answer all of it. At d end of d day, y'all are half baked jokers who can't carry out a simple procedure. Stop making noise about mbbs cos dias absolutely nofin there!
mbbs is not even a professional exam, its just like any other exam conducted in the school. This is unlike R.N, R.M etc which are written nationwide with the same question at the same time. Their is nothing like favourtism unlike mbbs. sooorrryyyy doctors but its the truth.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by sisiafrika(f): 1:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
Davo93: Alright. I really appreciate that clarification.
u av always bin a fooool, u knw? Ur arrogance wit ignorance will cost u one day.
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by sisiafrika(f): 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2014
Uncle odi:

Nice one Bro. I am a doc and I know what I suffered to get there.
u suffer because ur too dull. Pls dnt kill a live.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by sisiafrika(f): 1:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
agentowolabi47: @ gentlmimi...pls stop opening n closing ur bucal cavity witot making sure ur cerebrum sends impulses n reasonabl sentences.....wat is t pharmacists are doin sef,u talk of surgical procedure dat cnt hapn witot dispensn some items.who cnt dispense items,evn a sec. sch graduate knws wat a sterile glove is once Ts written on d pack,which is always......n talkn of cancer test, cd4 count,re u serious? do u knw wat dey call pathologist!.o.k u dnt?dey re dr. Who re learned in cancer studies, microbiology,chemical pathology n more...bt u wldnt knw cos ur arguing blindly....n come to fink of t,....dose guys re jst bin employed to reduce d unemploymnt rate,because wen dey re on strike at u.i.t.h we de medical students take up dere work witot any problem at all,nt knwn dey re nt availabl sef....apart frm d potty carryn,whch I salute d porters.....bt before u open ur mouth gbagaun u beta knw wat ur sayn.tank u
ur too dull to be called a medical doc wit this ur sentence construction. Go back to secondary such nd learn. Uni ilorin and d dull students dey admit.
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by sisiafrika(f): 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
Shori: Really had a hard time reading thing. . . You're such an amazing medical student with ''great'' writing skill. Thumbs up!
unilorin is an arabic schl av u forgotten? D emir dictates who gets admission into med schl. He must have bin a cattle rearer before being called to come study.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
[/b]
Oduduwaboy:
Mueh eh...dont worry my guy! The doctors are well able.

Indeed, [b]the current president of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria Olumide Akintayo, was denied admission to study Medicine at Ife many years ago
grin grin grin. No wonder he is frustrated.
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by chukel(m): 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
omotalkie:
y do I see, hear nd feel frustration in ur comment. U really sound like a loser. But d good thing is dat u can still be useful in life. Dnt give up nd stop hating.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by sisiafrika(f): 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
There is notin in dat MB. Seriously too many dumb students being admitted is d problem. D nursing students do all d MB plus their own departmental courses here in my schl yet u must pass all before moving on. So why d cry about just anat physio nd bch dat d mobs students do only. Overrated goons. I'm proud of my proffesion, its s first choice for me, just deal wit ur insecurities nd peace wl be its. Lobatan. Anon olodo, or is it not does same students I see everyday? Looking dejected and rough everytime. Spits. Gv me d whole wotldm I ant drop my proffesion, cow its so lovely nd d worse u can do is get envious of my success. U cn replace 'my' with 'our'.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
Peaceworld: This comes from ignorance. Nobody told you to go become a doctor, and nobody will ever enjoy whatever you're enjoying because you will always be the team leader in the health sector. I'm ashamed of your association. Bring that your list of demands and I'll tear it up in this public forum.
After all this ranting, the highest you can be is a chief pharmacist e.tc in your unit.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
we give up
Who cares if you gave up or not, tomorrow I maybe the one trying not to give up on you.........you never know the doctor you will meet.
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by adeoladrg(m): 2:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Mueh eh...dont worry my guy! The doctors are well able.

Indeed, the current president of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria Olumide Akintayo, was denied admission to study Medicine at Ife many years ago.

Guyyyyy! Must you lie? Don't be stupid, this is false.
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
I
omotalkie:
Do you think it is about writing 2 or 3 sentences. You can never understand mbbs exam till you write one. It's only in an mbbs exam that you will find out how complicated a common "write an essay on headache" is.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
we give up
Who cares if you gave up or not, tomorrow I maybe the one trying not to give up on you.........you never know the doctor you will meet.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by adeoladrg(m): 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2014
Peaceworld: You're earning N100 as a doctor and I am earning N10 as a pharmacist. I get a new salary of N20 and you say, "No way!" Is that not being selfish?

Pathetic!
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Danosophe(m): 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2014
@oduduwaboy: U dey call a legitimate fight "selfish scheme." na una wey be doctors, wey nid d help of oda medial personnel nai dey fear say dem go overthrow una. Una don see am now say una no get level again because everybody eyes don tia or d system. Una nor fit catch anybody "MuGu" again. Only una wan be "jack of all trade." Una wan do everything. E be lik say na "Medical Lab Science/Scientist: de Bedrock of modern medicine" nai dey threating una self. MDCAN! Una be Ingrates, Selfish nd Greedy.
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by adeoladrg(m): 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
Co-enzymeA:

The question is why are doctors so scared of allowing other professions to be involved in patient care in Nigeria? The major reason is so as not expose their incompetencies. When all they do is trial by error in diagnoses and drug prescription. My mum died of heart complication because one "Consultant" in the hospital didn't know that TCA's are contraindicated in people with certain heart disease. A lot of people die prematurely or stay longer on admission from complications of drugs or not giving the right patient the right drug. Furthermore, because they are always doing trial by error they constantly change medications for patients which causes unnecessary wastage and make Nigerians who are already hard pressed financially to spend more. Fact is, studies have been conducted in other countries by their insurance companies concerning these issues and they fought for multidisciplinary approach to patient care. Apart from this, doctors had to comply because of fear of litigation where patients know their rights and sue them for high settlements for any mistake they make. In this situation doctors would do anything that would help minimize errors.

They feed the uninformed public with false information to garner support trying hard to preserve their "almighty" doctor image. The truth is that change is difficult to make, but you cannot stop it. Before Columbus, it was thought that the Earth was flat, and scientists who proposed that it was spherical were scorned; the same goes for the current gay rights that is gaining popular support these days.

Finally, so long as Nigeria belong to the comity of nations doctors and decision makers can only stall, but definitely this is what they would have to accept sooner or later.

NB: I know of people who were withdrawn from a Pharmacy School and went on to become doctors elsewhere, so there is no big deal! Come down from your high horses for the general good of the patients who your swore to take care of.
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by adeoladrg(m): 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Sorry Abortion Dokita, The Consultant Nurse, pharmacists, Physio, and Scientists do not exist in advanced climes so "they can compete with Physician salary", thinking in that manner reveals you as a stone-age practitioner with pre-pleistocene mentality. It can't work in a country with millions of enlightened minds like Nigeria, you can ship yourself back to the dinosaur-age, practice there and sing kumbaya.

You can also put a call through to the UK government and protest against the existence of people like Gary Moore, a Consultant Biomedical Scientist(FIBMS, UK) in their country. I wish you luck

Modern Health care practice was not articulated in Nigeria, selective implementation of what suits only Nigerian physicians can no longer be sustainable in a multi-disciplinary health sector.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKhskzCHY0I

BTW Let me enlighten people like you Medical Lab. technicians exist and are every important in the laboratory, they are associate diploma holders and work under the supervision of a "Medical Laboratory Scientist" or "Scientist" who is a 5+1 YEAR internship University B.MLS degree holder with a federal license. Note, it is either you call them "Medical Laboratory Scientists" or "Scientists" according to this federal document. Check Section 29 for the titles. That's what the law says, you can't be more important than the LAW.

http://www.mlscn.gov.ng/files/mlscn_docs/MLSCN_ACT.pdf

I'm sure many folks will benefit from this.

on the side: We'll soon do an expose on a the salary relativity between Intern/Resident doctors and experienced Pharmacists, Scientists, Physio and Nurses in the U.S, U.K and other advanced climes and then compare with Nigeria.

It will be shocking to many that Nigeria is the only place where Intern/Resident docs undeservedly earn far more than experienced Pharmacist, Scientists and Nurses. In advanced climes, it is totally THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by adeoladrg(m): 2:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

A billion likes...JOHESU is not saying that it's professionals will have "consultant title" shared to them like piece of cakes. To become a Consultant you MUST acquire more knowledge for professional advancement as obtainable in advanced climes, just as we have the POSTGRADUATE COLLEGE OF MEDICINE, we also have WEST AFRICAN COLLEGE OF PHARMACISTS (WACP) and WEST AFRICAN COLLEGE OF MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTISTS(WAPCMLS), but our emperor doctors will have none of that. As far they are concerned they must place a "glass ceiling" over the professional growth of other Health professionals and we say NO!.

As i speak to you Dictator DR Ahmadu Ali (NMA member)-led NUC board, have released a circular to stop the study of Medical lab. Science in our Universities, he was also instrumental in the stoppage of Pharm.D program. Are we a communist country?

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by adeoladrg(m): 2:25pm On Jun 30, 2014
SWG 1:
Most comments in here seems to be biased. So u think that i ve never gone for lab test or buy drugs in the hospital without seeing a doctor. If other professional are giving chance to read for consultancy the will read my brother. I think all you medical workers are suffering from selfishness egocentric disease Starting from NMA to recently infected JOHESU

I think govt should just scrap those CONHESS/CONMESS salary and use uniform structure admist placing everyone according to num of yrs of training. Then the office of CMD should be the most qualified personal stipulated by the constitution. Who does like it should resign. And start his own, ppl cant be threating our govt and aiding the death of patients. u ppl are not the only professionals in the world.
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by adeoladrg(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
omotalkie:
My dear tell them oooo. Isn't it obvious dat empty vessels makes d loudest noise? Most of these so called drs don't even knw their onus. One has lost count of their various fvckps ranging from misdiagnosis, wrong prescribtion, procedure error et all etc, but yet they'll still wakeup to claim superiority. Smh for them

In the US where we have an all inclusive healthcare system, they still record about 50-60% prescription errors, don't even mention naija. If you follow the hashtag #PrescribingErrors or #PrescriptionErrors on Twitter, you'll discover few naughty interventions we've made.

Have i told you how many times i had to return doctor's prescription even as a student during the ASUU strike? Too bad. They always complain of tiredness, fine! Now other professionals want to further their studies to make healthcare better, you're kicking against it. Just smh.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by chukel(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
omotalkie:
Rotflmao! Like serzly? Frustration ko loser ni. From ur post, am certained dat ur dumb IQ doesn't count much. Kpangolo noise makers lyk u don't even know wot dey do in d hospital; give them a simple procedure lyk male catheterization and u see them flopping around looking for a nurse to help out, and at the end of d day they wear lab coat parading around with empty brain. Ive seen plenty of yr type bro. U are d one who shud be useful in lyf wit ur empty brain!! Heloooooooo
by dia comments u shall kn dem.
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Danosophe(m): 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
@chisom: Ur so-called "mbbs" exam nor different frm oda pipo "departmental" exam." Wetin dey swell una head self? Frm fst year, (100 level) to third year(300 level) na de same thing every medical student dey do bfor everybody go branch out to dia different area of specialty. As doctors be "Zombie" wey dey tear nd eat flesh, naso MedLabSci. be "Vampire" wey dey sock blood. All na de same human parts una dey work on. Una wey be doctors, wey nid d help of oda medial personnel nai dey fear say dem go overthrow una. Una don see now say una no get level again because everybody eyes don tia for d system. Una nor fit catch anybody "MuGu" again. Only una wan be "jack of all trade." Una wan do everything. E be lik say na "Medical Lab Science/Scientist: de Bedrock of modern medicine" nai dey threating una self. MDCAN! Una be Ingrates, Selfish nd Greedy.
Re: Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
I understand the passion pharmacists, lab scientists, nurses etc have over becoming consultants, but my questions are:
1. What will be the role of a consultant pharmacist in the pharmacy? Dispense drugs and what else?

2. What more can a consultant scientist do in the lab that other scientists can't? What extra value are they going to add to patient management in the lab after they become consultants?

3. Nurses are simply trained to assist doctors. Even a matron cannot initiate patient management until a doctor stipulates it. Now, what will be the role of consultant nurses? Even matrons often have no active work in the hospitals because the nurses' works soon become too small and menial for them. How much more a consultant nurse? Won't she simply be jobless, yet collecting massive salary?

4. If pharmacists, scientists and nurses are considered for consultancy, what about health recorders, health assistants, those in finance etc. Are they not also important part of the health team?

The truth is that for order to remain in the health care system and to avoid chaos, the status quo has to be maintained. Even if some of the changes JOHESU is agitating for are applicable abroad, Nigeria is not yet ripe for them.
If a consultant nurse has issues with a registrar, she can even drive the registrar out of the ward, or tell her nurses not to join any doctor in ward rounds. The patients will suffer more from the chaos.

Doctor just have to remain heads in the hospitals, just like pharmacists head pharmaceutical industries and scientists head research institutes. Hospitals are the domain of doctors. Moreover, it's only lecturers that head universities as VCs and only lawyers head courts and other law units. What happens to other trained workers?

I have said my own o.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can One Find Or Buy Amino 3000 Here In Nigeria? / Kaduna confirms 20 Coronavirus Cases, including 4-Month-Old Girl / How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.