Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Enqiry About Life In Norway - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enqiry About Life In Norway (9688 Views)

1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm / Life In The Usa As A Student. / Student Jobs In Norway! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enqiry About Life In Norway by Isiokpukpo: 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2008
great house
just applied to run my masters in petroleum eng. in norway
please i need to know if one can easily get a part time job when i get there
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by promise2(f): 12:58pm On Oct 05, 2008
Go to this site below you will find some info about Norway, is an oil country and i also applied to do my masters in University of Oslo. i learnt that the place is cold and Indigens of Norway migrate to other countries because of their weather but for jobs, learnt there are enough.

For Visa purpose i hope you have up to 85000 Norway NOK to transfer in to the account the school will help you open in norway. covertion of 85000 nok is 1.7 m naira

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-173326.0.html

1 Like

Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by Isiokpukpo: 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2008
thank s promise2
I'm ok with that for now smiley smiley
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by shotster50(m): 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2008
Norway is good as you can work. The weather there is really bad tho,
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by tRoOE(f): 4:14am On Oct 08, 2008
[size=13pt]My friend leaves there, in fact i will tell her to visit this thread to tell u more about Norway.[/size]
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by promise2(f): 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2008
TROOE,

Please we will be glad if you contact your friend for more info on Norway.
Thank you.
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by tRoOE(f): 11:13pm On Oct 08, 2008
[size=13pt]I already called her sha, so she should be on this thread before the wk runs out, that is if she isn't busy[/size]
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by Isiokpukpo: 11:22pm On Oct 08, 2008
thanks a million trooe 4 ur effort
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by cuteass1(f): 6:16pm On Oct 14, 2008
@ trooe

Ok cat eyes, i'm here tongue

@ isiokpukpo

yes, there are lots of part-time jobs in Norway. The country is also about one of the richest, most well-to-do you can think of. It's also a welfare country, i mean they financially support all groups of people . . from the old, to the jobless, to the students . . i mean every group of people benefits from the government one way or the other.

Now before you start thinking of taking the next flight to Norway, take a break and understand that the money just doesnt start running into your account immediately you land at the airport.

What i'm trying to say is that you have to be at the right place, at the right time and definitely meet the the right person. Just bear in mind that you can get a jobb, and yes even the least paid in Norway earns more than good wink And if you're coming to study, you can count on the government to help you to an extent.

More wonders? . . i would be glad to help!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 16, 2008
How can i be able to get a job in norway, apply from nigeria and get my visa. Please explain in details. Thanks.
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by dapsycool(m): 10:14am On Oct 16, 2008
Cuteass, any other way to contact you outside nairaland, email? I´m presently in Helsinki, would be in Norway next summer, wanna clearify somethings,
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by promise2(f): 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2008
Cute ass,

You finanlly landed here! thank you so much for the info you provided.

Any way i just applied to university of Oslo and Norwegian University of science
for my masters. Any other School you think i can apply to in Norway?

Isiokpukpo how far have you gone on the application issue? hope to hear from you soon.

Dapsycool, how are you doing in Finland and Studies? i have been able to post in your blog, please read and get in touch.

Regards to all.

1 Like

Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by promise2(f): 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2008
Cute ass,

Could it be possible to chat with you in yahoo messenger? if is ok by u could you kindly give me your id via nnemise@yahoo.com.

Thank you.
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by Isiokpukpo: 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2008
hi promise,
I,ve already applied to University of stavanger for Master in Offshore technology,
they acknowledged receipt and asked me to wait till 1st week of december for submission of other requirements.
I believe the responses from guys over there are quite favourable.
what do u think?
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by promise2(f): 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2008
Yes the response is very good. a friend of mine that used to worked in a bank just mailed me that he is in Norway studying. he just went last August.so he is giving me update of his stay over there. in fact i am being carried away by the country. i beleive we will make it.

is it only one school u applied to in Norway? why dont you apply to 1 or 2 more for alternative. i feel is better that way.
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by Isiokpukpo: 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2008
promise2.
you are right anyway but only NUS&T & STAVANGER that offer my course.
i'm very optimistic to get that of stavanger.
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by promise2(f): 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2008
that is alright. let's keep our fingers cross.

u can give me ur email address so that we can chat one of tthese days.
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by Isiokpukpo: 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2008
zubii2002@yahoo.com

cheers smiley
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by iyke199(m): 7:40am On Dec 18, 2008
HI PROMISE
I AM ALSO INTERESTED IN UN. OF STAVANGER .AM IN THE SECOND STAGE OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
I WOULD LIKE TO GET MORE INFO ABT NORWAY
PLEASE THIS IS EMAIL ADDY wolexbone@yahoo.com or wolexb@gmail.com .if u can add me or send yours to me so we can chat
thanks
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by steve112: 10:22am On Dec 21, 2008
hello all, i really like this thrend. pls i want to ask wether someone with visitors can get a job in norway, how do they treat ilegal imigrant?. hopp to hear from you
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by steve112: 10:28am On Dec 21, 2008
hello all, i really like this thrend. pls i want to ask wether someone with visitors vis can get a job in norway, how do they treat ilegal imigrant? is there a job for them. hope to hear from you soon
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by 2good(m): 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2008
I filled the Pre Application form for Norwegian University of Science & Technology for an MSc in Petroleum Engineering in late November & got an email from them on the 19th of december telling me that I was successful with the pre application process & I was sent a customised electronic application form for admission & given February 1st 2009, to send all my credentials and the form to NTNU.
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by Isiokpukpo: 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2008
2good
yours was very fast,I'm still waiting for their reply,they said I'll hear from them btw Jan 1 & Jan 15.
Was yours online application or you printed out your forms and attached other relevant document b4 posting via surface mail?
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by 2good(m): 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2008
I filled the online application form, printed & sent it together with my personal bank statement of account.
Did you put in for Petroleum Engineering also?
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by Isiokpukpo: 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2008
yap
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 23, 2008
Guys, do u send them statement of an account or do you pay the money directly into their bank account in Norway to prove you can sponsor yourself. I want to know.
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by Isiokpukpo: 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2008
your statement of account must be submitted as one of the documents during the preliminary application via surface mail, if your admission is successful,then you will have to fund the account that will be opened for you over there (NOK85,000) before u smell your visa.
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 23, 2008
Una wey get the 85,000 make una enjoy.
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by Isiokpukpo: 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2008
lol
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by ikmay: 1:04am On Dec 25, 2008
If i want to study masters in norway,do i need toefl,gmat,gre or will my school certificate be okay.

1 Like

Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by 2good(m): 7:23am On Dec 25, 2008
@bigmodo lol also
Re: Enqiry About Life In Norway by Isiokpukpo: 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2008
@IKMAY
IT VARIES FROM SCHOOL TO SCHOOL. YOU MAY NOT NEED IT IF UR BSC WAS TAUGHT IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! / Top 5 Easiest Ways To Travel Abroad / Out Of Nigeria Fast / How Much Is Canada Visa Fee In Nigeria 2018? – Check Out Visa Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.