Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” (22666 Views)

In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme / Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano / Setting Up A Small But Very Effective Garri Processing Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by gergemam: 1:28am On Jun 30, 2014
kai!!! instead make da bae make she go sleep now nah D'Banj KOKO GARRI she dey comment about... For Dawn now she go con dey open mouth whey i go put wasps inside for BUS... ##OKBye##
Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by safarigirl(f): 1:28am On Jun 30, 2014
Poor business investment. There's almost no point bringing up something with a far cheaper alternative, the cheaper alternative will trump the shii outta you.

This koko garri is probably sold for nothing less than 150 naira, when I can buy garri one mudu for less, why would I waste money on this? What is the percentage of rich people/formers that will buy this product?

Someone forgot to do a proper market survey, semovita or wheat would've been even better. At least with that, the market price will be pretty even.

4 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by Realdeals(m): 1:29am On Jun 30, 2014
That's cool, the cassava revolution is sweeping across the nation! Am on the verge of starting my cassava farm too.
Land already secured, if you are interested in securing cheap land for such purpose at a location close to Lagos click here, you can also download the cost analysis of cultivating cassava on a hectare of land by click here

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by yungchop: 1:35am On Jun 30, 2014
Do you have any clue about catching fun? Cos even a ten years old kid knows d'banj has been using koko since around 2003. So I was just making fun, please when next your opinion is not requested to please don't interfere. Next time you try this rubbish with me again, I go use ogogoro do eye drop that day
Na Laugh:

Do you have any clue about life?

Dbanj has been using Koko consistenly for a decade. Dorro was coined last year.
Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:36am On Jun 30, 2014
if d garri can rise well then i endorse it too cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by makaveli1(m): 1:45am On Jun 30, 2014
Chitos: He should give Boko haram 'KOKO HARAM' then.
And how does boko haram come in. Failed comedians everywhere. SMH

3 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by makaveli1(m): 1:48am On Jun 30, 2014
safarigirl: Poor business investment. There's almost no point bringing up something with a far cheaper alternative, the cheaper alternative will trump the shii outta you.

This koko garri is probably sold for nothing less than 150 naira, when I can buy garri one mudu for less, why would I waste money on this? What is the percentage of rich people/formers that will buy this product?

Someone forgot to do a proper market survey, semovita or wheat would've been even better. At least with that, the market price will be pretty even.
You actually have a point dude but what's market without competition?... Pls let a young nigga breathe.

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by hensben(m): 1:51am On Jun 30, 2014
i blame loss of data
Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by safarigirl(f): 1:52am On Jun 30, 2014
makaveli1:
You actually have a point dude but what's market without competion?...
koko garri isn't competition for ijebu garri. Competition occurs when the products are aound the same price

In this case, there's an obiously cheaper alternative to koko garri. If I sell garri 200 naira, I'm more likely to close shop before the next guy that sells same product for 100 naira
Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by makaveli1(m): 2:02am On Jun 30, 2014
safarigirl: koko garri isn't competition for ijebu garri. Competition occurs when the products are aound the same price

In this case, there's an obiously cheaper alternative to koko garri. If I sell garri 200 naira, I'm more likely to close shop before the next guy that sells same product for 100 naira
Cheaper alternative you say, have you forgotten that there are a whole lot of people out there who would rather patronise a more expensive product than a cheaper one. He has his targeted buyer.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by eaglechild: 2:09am On Jun 30, 2014
Good business move.

Better than wasting his time making crappy music.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by Realdeals(m): 2:12am On Jun 30, 2014
If you are still waiting for buy a congo of garri for #20, you are on a Long thing! The demand for the cassava root crop far outweigh its production, many industries (ethanol production plants, flour millers etc) are seriously competing with the garri production for the crop. If you are looking toward investing in agriculture consider cassava. click here to download the cost analysis of cultivating cassava on a hectare of land
Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by safarigirl(f): 2:16am On Jun 30, 2014
makaveli1:
Cheaper alternative you say, have you forgotten that there are a whole lot of people out there who would rather patronise a more expensive product than a cheaper one. He has his targeted buyer.
a whole lot of what? Nobody prefers more expensive products to cheaper products.

We're talking about Garri here, not clothes or the likes, just common garri. Where are these 'whole lot of people' that will buy expensive garri over cheap garri? If you're aiming to get gains, selling products at cheaper prices is the route to go

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by oapbrown(m): 2:19am On Jun 30, 2014
Nice one @Dbanj...He's really proven himself as an entrepreneur-aimed-at-success...

If you think his KokoGarri concept won't succeed, you might be so wrong...some Nigerians can buy any local stuff that's been 'tushed' and re-packaged. Also, am sure he'll be exporting this garri to other countries where Africans live, it will be more appreciated, he cud even sell at cheaper prices and make a lot of money, cos this garri is expensive outside Nigeria o. *Just reasoning along with his moves, tho*. You wey dey talk say he nor fit succeed...na der yu go siddon wey he go start to dey employ graduates with first class...and u fit nor sabi write CV let alone Business Plan sef...Hian

5 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by Atmmachine(m): 2:24am On Jun 30, 2014
how many people dey eat garri these days.. ??
Don't you know what semovita is ?? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by Nobody: 2:24am On Jun 30, 2014
No Garri better pass Ijebu-Garri, thus No right thinking Nigerian will buy 'Koko Garri'

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by oapbrown(m): 2:27am On Jun 30, 2014
safarigirl: Poor business investment. There's almost no point bringing up something with a far cheaper alternative, the cheaper alternative will trump the shii outta you.

Hey, who told yu he wouldn't av done his survey well? Or yu think he'll wan to waste his hard-earned money on a failed investment? Haba? Have yu thot of the international market value of this product? The P is we're always trying to create new products that might not have continuity...sometimes, in business, doing what others are doing in a different and better way gives a business owner some good space in d market and might eventually make him to be a reference point...

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by 49cents(m): 2:28am On Jun 30, 2014
Well I don't know much about garri business but generally Volume of turnover remains key!

Is the garri available in bags or is his target market the direct end users? If that is so he has to dom more campaign detailing why Koko Garri is much more of value than the usual garri sold already. He should lso note that Koko garri is not the first Sachetted Garri in the market!

He shoullf realise the way fans buy his CDs may not dig his garri

For me he should try selling his future products without the KOKO tag cos like it or not a person who feels DBanj is not doing good music would think his garri or whatever he wants to sell is not as good! OR any problem the KOKOMASTER suffers will affect his brand so the koko concept can be counter-productive afterall

Good entreprenuership drive from Dbanj after all said, but you will have to pay your dues all over again in the busiiness world!

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by jookco(m): 2:51am On Jun 30, 2014
SQL-master:
This koko garri sef. Shey one cup na #20 ?
Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by makaveli1(m): 3:05am On Jun 30, 2014
safarigirl: a whole lot of what? Nobody prefers more expensive products to cheaper products.

We're talking about Garri here, not clothes or the likes, just common garri. Where are these 'whole lot of people' that will buy expensive garri over cheap garri? If you're aiming to get gains, selling products at cheaper prices is the route to go
out there in the market if you're looking for them. This is a 'well packaged garri' we are talking about here, well sealed, making it less exposed to contamination if I may add. All this attribute is what adds to its slight cost difference. And the fact that its less exposed to contaminants will make a whole lot of people go for it than rather than buy one ijebu garri that one iya Risi with an unwashed and contaminated hand and mudu or cup will sell for you. Not everybody is less priviledged financially to reason in a poor way like I perceive someone doing atm, if the cost difference is reasonable I tell U many won't listen to your gibberish (no offence). This does it, last reply for you bro... Adios amigo.

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by Cecediva(f): 3:10am On Jun 30, 2014
Dangote na nafdac ?
Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by crusader01(m): 3:28am On Jun 30, 2014
If a whole Dangote can bag salt,Dbanj koko garri can't fail. Life is step by step. Failing to take a step is failure.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by Madeu(m): 3:30am On Jun 30, 2014
safarigirl: a whole lot of what? Nobody prefers more expensive products to cheaper products.

I believe, you didn't consider Nigerians outside the country that can't get #150 mundu of garri at the market closer to them. That always yearn to drink garri with skimmed milk, sugar and ice water.

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by Madeu(m): 3:43am On Jun 30, 2014
crusader01: If a whole Dangote can bag salt,Dbanj koko garri can't fail. Life is step by step. Failing to take a step is failure.

Imagine salt. Even made media campaign against buying salt not packaged, and fortified with Vitamin A .
I remember when I do buy salt measured in cups, now my orientation has changed that I dare not think of doing that. Same too might happen with buying measured garri in cups and mundu.
And some die-hard haters says it will fail woefully.

Watch when they will even use their hard-earned money to buy the Koko garri.

3 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by justi4jesu(f): 3:46am On Jun 30, 2014
Kokogarri indeed...

Is it normal or ijebu?

Does it comes in different colours?

Is it cheaper than the unkokoed ones in the market undecided

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by zurine(f): 4:21am On Jun 30, 2014
wise thinkine

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by Nobody: 4:25am On Jun 30, 2014
Haters everywhere!! Dbanj ,God will continue to bless you.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by Nobody: 4:27am On Jun 30, 2014

you this dark ugly girl,why do u always hate on Dbanj?.. Everytime,u have never speak good of him?..... U ppl suprises me a lot!! Why do u ppl hate him?

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by SweetyZinta(f): 4:38am On Jun 30, 2014
[quote author=irun-obo][b]FORMERLY IT WAS KOKO PHONE WHICH WAS DEAD ON ARRIVAL. KOKO MANSION NKO? Is it also dead?

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by adekennis(m): 4:38am On Jun 30, 2014
Gari and Ponmo don dey sell for years without advert..Here come Dbanj with him useless packaging and promo,he no invest in affordable proteinous food for nigerians..Na Gari he dey market up and down..Oya weyrey nni
Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by Ashkormissy(f): 4:52am On Jun 30, 2014
irun-obo:
FORMERLY IT WAS KOKO PHONE WHICH WAS DEAD ON ARRIVAL. NOW KOKO GAARI WHICH TO ME CAN NEVER OUTSELL THE LEGENDARY GAARI IJEBU undecided

MAY BE HE SHOULD TRY KOKO BITTER LEAF AND KOKO PALM OIL. WACK CONCEPT FROM A WACK MUSICIAN. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Nawa o, u re very weird. Frm d username to d profile pic, o gaa!

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 30, 2014
In life if u don't fail u won't succeed,@ least u people should try nd give him credit 4 investing his hard earned money,if in 10yrs time he had notin 2 show 4 his hard work or he is dead broke,dis same people dat r condemning him will still open dere mouth nd say,wen he was suppose 2 invest he is busy popping champaign nd chasing women,@ least he took a step,he won't be a musician 4ever.I wish him luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CATFISH Whatsapp Sales Portal / Resources For Organic Farms / (poultry Farming) How Egg Production Is Terrifically Profitable And Get The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.