Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School (15851 Views)

Institutions With The Best Students' Union Government (SUG) / OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by BolgNoni(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2014
TemmyTee82: Please can somebody tell me when registration would close? I am yet to pay and somebody told me it would close on Monday!
. Hey girl! Chill! I have friends that have not paid too. So you're not d only 1 involved. Shey u sha don accept am?
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Tajsagay(m): 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2014
[size=50pt]GREATEST IFE!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

6 Likes

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
I love this school's tradition. Those students are the future changers of the country.

Don't listen to those telling you to accept rubbish. Those people are the reason Nigeria is the way it is.

Fight on.

4 Likes

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by sisiafrika(f): 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2014
michaeltotti: How do u expect we mere student to tackle prof,dr.yoruba adage said 'nkan ti a gba nfi jeko,abe ewe lo wa.they only send us ohm.xo as to loose communication.if we aint sent ohm.we wl stl b protestn and none wl pay.if they c 70%hav paid.they wl open d sch and that wl force d rmainin to pay.they knw wat they r doin.
u will have problems in d future wit dis ur cowardice nd vegetable mindset. U should have been a woman instead of a man, a disgrace indeed. If u can join d fight den keep shut nd dnt discourage. Jamb form will soon be out, better go for it and choose unilorin or betterstill tranfer to d place. Wen I was in ss1 nd sed I was gonna schl in oau, everybdy warned me about spending extra year due to strike and I told dem I am ready for it. How much more now dat d internet is almost everywhere yet ur feigning ignorance. Fkkk off, weak girl.
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 02, 2014
s!s! afrika:
u will have problems in d future wit dis ur cowardice nd vegetable mindset. U should have been a woman instead of a man, a disgrace indeed. If u can join d fight den keep shut nd dnt discourage. Jamb form will soon be out, better go for it and choose unilorin or betterstill tranfer to d place. Wen I was in ss1 nd sed I was gonna schl in oau, everybdy warned me about spending extra year due to strike and I told dem I am ready for it. How much more now dat d internet is almost everywhere yet ur feigning ignorance. Fkkk off, weak girl.

Keep your woman hating to yourself. Abi your father was the one who birthed you?
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Cymbal: 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
I appreciate d effort of d student union leaders[ibikunle and oda excos] and Great Ife students for not giving up on this struggle.
.Bt with all this,a valid question still remains,is the end of the tunnel to this struggle close or seems far?.
.Lets ensure that our readiness to win this battle doesn't result in waste of time cos as we can see,we r no more getting younger and lets also ensure that we eradicate the notion that this school is "ADANIDURO".
'in conclusion,i don't think sacking OMOLE is the solution to this problem as it ll only lead 2 time wastage
'Our destiny lies in our hands.and i hope we win this battle as fast as possible.
#AMANDLA AWETU#

1 Like

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Cymbal: 6:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
s se7en:
Pls someone confirm this o...cos mesef neva pay....and I am not planning on paying xtra for late reg...we stiil dey hurzu for d fees o
are you a fresher or stallite?
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by sisiafrika(f): 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2014
FrancisTony: Oshi school. undecided Living in their grandpa past glory since 21st century. grin Mtcheew. Aluta kor continua ni. tongue
u r in trouble.
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by sunnyBravo(m): 6:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
I wish they just forget victory acetra and let us resume jooor, home boring dose
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Damalex4luv(m): 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2014
oluwamitomisin: OAU students, I am sorry for you guys.

I don't have much time to read your press statement. But with just gossips i heard around, your so called action is uncalled for. You just survived a number of ASUU strike and all you can think of is a protest of increase in tuition of 2000 to 20000 naira. Guys let's be realistic for once.

If education is too costly, try ignorance!
you are a big fool, you didn't bother to read through the whole story and just jump to a definite conclusion. You're one of those hindering the growth of this country. A school fees was raised from almost 5k to 40k for stallites and 40k to almost 100k for freshers and you are here talking jargons
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by oluwamitomisin: 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
Burnaaboi: ...pls if u dont knw abt smtin just shut d fvck up and let dose who knw abt et talk

michaeltotti: What is dz mumu sayin.if u dnt knw sumthn.it beta nt to put ur mouthwho told u is 2000 to 20000?where are u getting ur news frm?
It z 350%increment if u dnt knw.22k to 72..
17k to 61 for freshmen.stalite 6 to 19 and 11k to 30k.xo what are u sayin abou ASUU strike and dz strike. it our right.xo let fight.dnt luk at d strike length.if u lookin say we r lackin behind.it z nt how far bt how well.
Sum people are nt dia who cnt pay d money.xo it beta we fight 4 our right

Damalex4luv: you are a big fool, you didn't bother to read through the whole story and just jump to a definite conclusion. You're one of those hindering the growth of this country. A school fees was raised from almost 5k to 40k for stallites and 40k to almost 100k for freshers and you are here talking jargons

Well, i think you guys know better than i do. You may continue with your fights. And i wish you the best with it. but please i don't think i deserve all these name calling and abuses. counting years, i should be far older than you guys judging, by your posts, i feel you're students of OAU.

but try seek knowledge from those ahead of you, protest nor dialogue nor vandalism has never resolved any hike in school tuition in Nigerian universities.

i still repeat, if education is costly, try ignorance

1 Like

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by TemmyTee82(f): 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
BolgNoni: . Hey girl! Chill! I have friends that have not paid too. So you're not d only 1 involved. Shey u sha don accept am?
Shey I don accept wetin?
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by khattab02: 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
Chei! Na wa ooo for this country ooo... Poor masses always at the receiving end of everything.

Imagine! Stealing and begging from the people?
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by TemmyTee82(f): 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2014
s se7en:
Pls someone confirm this o...cos mesef neva pay....and I am not planning on paying xtra for late reg...we stiil dey hurzu for d fees o
I really hope it is not true. The person that told me may just be joking but I just wanted to hear from others.
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by sse7en(m): 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2014
Cymbal:
are you a fresher or stallite?
Baba mi I be stalite o...but does it make a diff whether stallite or fresher
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by sisiafrika(f): 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2014

I don't have much time to read your press statement. But with just gossips i heard around, your so called action is uncalled for. You just survived a number of ASUU strike and all you can think of is a protest of increase in tuition of 2000 to 20000 naira. Guys let's be realistic for once.

u are d most foolish person I have seen this year. Duumbb, dirty and dry brain. Are u for real?
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by sisiafrika(f): 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2014
MissMeiya:

Keep your woman hating to yourself. Abi your father was the one who birthed you?
do u have brains? I doubt.
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by nairacobra: 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2014
Ibikunle, Bamidele and Olori, i'm sure most of u r 21years old! Shameful act of a kid! Omole must go, Durosimi must resign, Na uina papa put them der?

1st of all, there is non of your business with what OAU is doing to make money!
2ndly, if u read ur constitution well, u govern only matriculated students, Wetin consign u consign how much them dey collect predegree or acceptance!
3rdly! Do u know Tony Fash, dr 3As, Saburi, Olwokandi, etc? If u know their story, don't think Omole and Durosimi cares so much about you!

If una get correct head! I heard most people don pay self. Go beg management and resume on time! U just dey wait ur life ontop protest while ur mates for unilag dey progress!

Y r u so backward? Maybe the uncivilazation in ife is really getting into your brain!

1 Like

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by basilo101: 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
Nxt tym dnt build a university wit stolen moni which u cnt evn sustain in d long run
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by Cymbal: 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
s se7en:
Baba mi I be stalite o...but does it make a diff whether stallite or fresher
a lot of diff.dy dia bro....since u're a stallite,i'll advice u exercise little patience to get a clearer view of this ongoing struggle.
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by solelymade: 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2014

Ignorance is already payin its dividend in your life

1 Like

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by myspnigeria: 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2014
always great!!!!!
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by michaeltotti(m): 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2014
Mr oluwatomisin,sorry 4 d names.we are only infuriated on ur post.because u dnt undastand d matter frm d beginin b4 u post.am xorry.it is 322% increment and nt 2000 to 20000 that u mention b4
oluwamitomisin:

Well, i think you guys know better than i do. You may continue with your fights. And i wish you the best with it. but please i don't think i deserve all these name calling and abuses. counting years, i should be far older than you guys judging, by your posts, i feel you're students of OAU.

but try seek knowledge from those ahead of you, protest nor dialogue nor vandalism has never resolved any hike in school tuition in Nigerian universities.

u said protest nor dialogue nor vandalism has never resolve issue in Nigeria tution hike.
A que plx:
What dd lasu dd for them to hav d sch fee reversed?

3 Likes

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by papindinho(m): 8:34pm On Jul 02, 2014

somebody should wake this one up o....lol. #2000 to #20000 tuition increment for where?

#17000 to #72700 and #22000 to #75,700..those are the figures sire...
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by michaeltotti(m): 8:36pm On Jul 02, 2014
@bolded.wont a pregnant woman cater for her pregnancy?
nairacobra: Ibikunle, Bamidele and Olori, i'm sure most of u r 21years old! Shameful act of a kid! Omole must go, Durosimi must resign, Na uina papa put them der?

1st of all, there is non of your business with what OAU is doing to make money!
2ndly, if u read ur [b]constitution well, u govern only matriculated students, [/b]Wetin consign u consign how much them dey collect predegree or acceptance!
3rdly! Do u know Tony Fash, dr 3As, Saburi, Olwokandi, etc? If u know their story, don't think Omole and Durosimi cares so much about you!

If una get correct head! I heard most people don pay self. Go beg management and resume on time! U just dey wait ur life ontop protest while ur mates for unilag dey progress!

Y r u so backward? Maybe the uncivilazation in ife is really getting into your brain!

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by papindinho(m): 8:36pm On Jul 02, 2014
iceberylin:

THis Dude said my mind
try getting the right figures sire..
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by papindinho(m): 8:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
ferdimako:
chai...undergra stu?
now the English man is here...lol.
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by nairacobra: 8:42pm On Jul 02, 2014
michaeltotti: @bolded.wont a pregnant woman cater for her pregnancy?
write d constitution then! Telling u what is in d constitution!
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by LogansShadow: 8:42pm On Jul 02, 2014
oluwamitomisin:

If Ignorance can be defined in 4 words then it should be it should "You and your posts".
You claim you are old,meaning you probably benefited from free education and still yet you appear so dumb and also portray yourself as someone with a high level of ignorance in an attempt to seem smart.I could only wonder what could have been your fate if Education was this expensive during your time.
Nobody is arguing against the motion that education is free but if only you were as smart as you are trying to portray yourself,you'd clearly understand the difference btwn Public and private schools.Both require money but why one which is the PRIVATE, conventionally generates it's income and funds from student(I.e through various fees),the other which is PUBLIC,is a type of university established by the government,for probably the middle-class and Lower class,AND CONVENTIONALLY FUNDED BY THE GOVERNMENT WITH THE PEOPLE'S MONEY.
Note:the key word here is the source of funding,one is meant to be funded through the student's pocket while the other through the government's pocket.
Nobody is asking for free education here,they are only asking not to be victims of government refusal to DO THEIR JOB and fund the school and also the traditional difference btwn Public and Private universities should be upheld which is THE SOURCE OF FUNDING.
I hope a coward like you that apparently has a slave mentality and not able to stand and fight for what is their right can comprehend that.
Lastly,I leave Great Ife students with the words of a True Great: "Freedom is never given by the OPPRESSOR,it is something that is demanded by the OPPRESSED".............Continue the courageous fight,it's your right!

6 Likes

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by michaeltotti(m): 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2014
Sisi africa.u dnt like me at al.mke i take 2015/2016 jamb form.anyway if u read d post i posted u shud knw dt i av change my mindwink
s!s! afrika:
.aluta continua....wink
Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by emekakelvin(m): 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2014
basilo101: Nxt tym dnt build a university wit stolen moni which u cnt evn sustain in d long run

Chief Awolowo Stole Nigeria money, but till date he is a celebrated Icon in yoruba land by liberating the like of Bamitale omole From formal education deficiency

Re: Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School by michaeltotti(m): 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
Thumb up 4 u jare.
Logan's shadow:

If Ignorance can be defined in 4 words then it should be it should "You and your posts".
You claim you are old,meaning you probably benefited from free education and still yet you appear so dumb and also portray yourself as someone with a high level of ignorance in an attempt to seem smart.I could only wonder what could have been your fate if Education was this expensive during your time.
Nobody is arguing against the motion that education is free but if only you were as smart as you are trying to portray yourself,you'd clearly understand the difference btwn Public and private schools.Both require money but why one which is the PRIVATE, conventionally generates it's income and funds from student(I.e through various fees),the other which is PUBLIC,is a type of university established by the government,for probably the middle-class and Lower class,AND CONVENTIONALLY FUNDED BY THE GOVERNMENT WITH THE PEOPLE'S MONEY.
Note:the key word here is the source of funding,one is meant to be funded through the student's pocket while the other through the government's pocket.
Nobody is asking for free education here,they are only asking not to be victims of government refusal to DO THEIR JOB and fund the school and also the traditional difference btwn Public and Private universities should be upheld which is THE SOURCE OF FUNDING.
I hope a coward like you that apparently has a slave mentality and not able to stand and fight for what is their right can comprehend that.
Lastly,I leave Great Ife students with the words of a True Great: "Freedom is never given by the OPPRESSOR,it is something that is demanded by the OPPRESSED".............Continue the courageous fight,it's your right!
aluta continua

victoria ascerta

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SSANU, NAAT, NASU Suspend Three Months Strike / Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform / Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.