Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! (22555 Views)

Ghana Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2015 (3 - 0) On 5th February 2015 / Ghana Vs Senegal: AFCON 2015 (1 - 2) On 19th January 2015 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by bingbagbo(m): 5:34pm On Oct 07, 2016
Uganda proving a hard nut so far
Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by bingbagbo(m): 6:33pm On Oct 07, 2016
Full time : ghana 0 uganda 0
Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by bingbagbo(m): 10:24am On Oct 20, 2016
Ghana have been handed a tough draw for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations including two World Cup qualifying opponents Uganda and Egypt in Group D.

West African rivals and recent tournament nemesis Mali are also the last team in the pool.

The Black Stars played the Cranes at the Tamale Sports early this month in the qualifiers to Russia and failed to meet expectations in a dull 0-0 draw.

Uganda qualified for the tournament for the first time in 32 years and have a good coach Milutin Sredojevic who can cause havoc.

Ghana will play Pharaohs next month in the second World Cup qualifier ahead of the tournament.

Defending champions Ivory Coast have DR Congo, Morocco and Togo in Group C with hosts Gabon paired with Burkina Faso, Cameroon and Guinea Bissau.

In Group B, top seed Algeria face Tunisa, Senegal and Zimbabwe.

The 2017 Africa Cup of Nations will run from 15 January to 05 February.

Group A: Gabon, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Guinea Bissau

Group B: Algeria, Tunisia, Senegal, Zimbabwe

Group C: Ivory coast, DRC, Morocco, Togo

Group D: Ghana, Mali, Egypt and Uganda
Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by bingbagbo(m): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2016
Uganda coach Milutin ‘Micho’ Sredojevic has touted the credentials of Ghana, revealing coaching the Black Stars is the highest job on the continent.

The Serbian, who has deep-seated knowledge of the team, has touted the pedigree of the four-time African champions ahead of the side's meeting in the opening 2017 Africa Cup of Nations group D clash on January 17.

The Cranes have also drawn seven-time African champions Egypt as well as Mali in the 'group of death'.

The 45-year-old ,who has been hugely tipped to replace Avram Grant in February next year, has showered praises on the Ghanaians.

"The highest job in Africa is to coach Ghana Black Stars," he told Accra-based Happy FM on Thursday

"I have a contract with Uganda and respect that but Ghana is a big football nation."

The tournament will take place in Gabon from January 14 to February 5.

The draw to face Ghana highlights the recent competitions Uganda have been made to play the Black Stars in various competitions.

The sole representatives from East Africa will face Ghana in their opener on January 17 at Stade de Port Gentil in the second largest city in Gabon in a repeat of the 1978 final that saw the Black Stars lift the trophy following a 2-0 win in Accra.
Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by Napoleon55(m): 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
bingbagbo:
Uganda coach Milutin ‘Micho’ Sredojevic has touted the credentials of Ghana, revealing coaching the Black Stars is the highest job on the continent.

The Serbian, who has deep-seated knowledge of the team, has touted the pedigree of the four-time African champions ahead of the side's meeting in the opening 2017 Africa Cup of Nations group D clash on January 17.

The Cranes have also drawn seven-time African champions Egypt as well as Mali in the 'group of death'.

The 45-year-old ,who has been hugely tipped to replace Avram Grant in February next year, has showered praises on the Ghanaians.

"The highest job in Africa is to coach Ghana Black Stars," he told Accra-based Happy FM on Thursday

"I have a contract with Uganda and respect that but Ghana is a big football nation."

The tournament will take place in Gabon from January 14 to February 5.

The draw to face Ghana highlights the recent competitions Uganda have been made to play the Black Stars in various competitions.

The sole representatives from East Africa will face Ghana in their opener on January 17 at Stade de Port Gentil in the second largest city in Gabon in a repeat of the 1978 final that saw the Black Stars lift the trophy following a 2-0 win in Accra.
not until have u coached Super eagles of Nigeria
Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by bingbagbo(m): 2:22pm On Nov 08, 2016
Make or break for black stars cry
Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by bingbagbo(m): 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2016
EBLACK STARS1PrintfacebookTwitterG+

Asamoah Gyan
Ex-Ghana captain CK Akunnor is confident the Black Stars will overcome an injury list akin to a 'wartime news bulletin' and raise their game ahead of the titanic 2018 World Cup qualifier against Egypt on Sunday.

Captain Asamoah Gyan joined a list of players who will miss the crucial tie at the Borg El Arab stadium in Alexandria.

Gyan, who plays for Dubai-based Al Ahli ruled himself out of the clash after suffering an injury during a training session.

He joins Juventuns midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah, who has also been ruled out due to fitness concerns.

There was no place for Sassuolo youngster Joseph Alfred Duncan who is battling an ankle injury.

But former Ghana international CK Akunnor remains defiant about the chances of the West Africans despite the absence of the key players.

“Though we’ll be missing the services of Gyan, I think the players invited can record a decent result in Egypt," Akonnor said, as reported by Football Ghana.

“I’ll urge every Ghanaian to pray for the team and I know [addition to their] support, the boys can make us proud.

"In a match like this, you’ll need your big guns but this is the situation we find ourselves in now and we must cope with it and fight on.

“With the two [new] boys [Andy Yiadom and Alhassan Wakaso], I don’t have much to say about them because I don’t really know them, but I’ve been made aware that they’re good and have been playing regular football for their respective clubs.

“Let’s just hope [more] injuries do not set in before the game.”

The Black Stars have opened its camp in Dubai where they are currently fine-tuning ahead of the explosive clash against the Pharaohs on Sunday November 13.
Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by bingbagbo(m): 5:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
Egypt midfield star Ibrahim Salah has reminded his teammates about the importance of their World Cup qualifier against Ghana on Sunday.

The Pharaohs host the Black Stars at the Borg El Arab stadium in Alexandria seeking a win to boost their chances of qualifying for the global showpiece in Russia in 2018.

And midfielder Ibrahim Salah, who plays for Egyptian side Zamalek has urged for focus.

“I’m very proud to represent Egypt and I can do anything for the national team even if they asked me to gather the balls or the players’ shoes," Salah told ON Sport.

“I don’t care if I will play against Ghana or not, all I care about is to qualify to the World Cup,” The 29-year-old concluded.
Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by bingbagbo(m): 8:00am On Nov 09, 2016
Veteran Egypt goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary, 43, says their titanic 2018 World Cup qualifier against Ghana on Sunday is his country's 'gateway' to the global showpiece.

The seven-time African champions host the Black Stars at the Borg El Arab stadium in Alexandria seeking a win to enhance their prospect of qualifying to the World Cup in Russia.

The epic clash promises to be keenly contested for in-front of 75,0000 spectators and Wadi Degla goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary, who has been capped 147 times by the Pharaohs has underlined the importance of the clash.

“All the players are focusing on the next game. We consider it our first game in the qualifications since the Congo game is now in the past,” he told the Egyptian Football Association website.

The two nations have stepped up preparations ahead of the crunch tie in the North African country on November 13.

Ghana has qualified for the last three World Cup with Egypt seeking to take a step towards making their third World Cup appearance and their first since 1990.
Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by bingbagbo(m): 9:55am On Nov 09, 2016
Black Stars stand-in captain Andre Ayew is hoping Ghana can get a win against Egypt in the 2018 World Cup qualifier showdown in Alexandria on Sunday.

Ghana face off with Egypt in their second match of the qualifiers with the team needing a positive result to get campaign back on the right track after opening day set back.

The star man is making a return to the national team for the crucial clash after missing the last four international matches due to injury and cautiously optimistic his presence will boost the team’s chances against the Pharaohs.

“Yes, it’s a very, very important game for us. We drew our first game at home and now we are going to Egypt, which is a very difficult one for us, so we need to prepare well.'' He told West Ham official website

“I am not 100 per cent but I will try to give my best for my country and hopefully get a win and, at the same time, get more game-time.”

Ayew will captain the team in the absence of injured Asamoah Gyan.
Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by bingbagbo(m): 5:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
appear to allow the Black Stars to do all the playing.

Comments(0)

16:14
Ghana keep possession.

Jordan''s poor control gives the ball back to the Egyptians but Amartey wins the ball back

Comments(0)

16:12
Ghana win a throw-in. Quickly taken but Afful's long pass couldn't locate Atsu. Goal kick for Egypt

Comments(0)

16:11
Ghana win a free kick as Badu as brought down

Comments(0)

16:10
Another corner for Ghana. Two corner kicks under 3 minutes

Comments(0)

16:10
Ghana win a corner under 3 minutes.

Can this be the first goals? No!

El Hadary saves

Comments(0)

16:09
Comments(0)

Comments(0)

Comments(0)

Comments(0)

Welcome back.

Game on.

Ghana in possession

Comments(0)

16:07
Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by samuelUMOH(m): 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
Final scores 2 for Egypt and Ghana 0 .Ghana chances look slimmer now .They played very well .It will be a disaster if Ghana don't qualify because they have a very good and compact team
Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by porshuch: 7:13pm On Nov 13, 2016
Is over for Ghana
Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by PigMeat: 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2016
Ghana football and everything is dead!
Re: ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! by bingbagbo(m): 9:58am On Aug 22, 2018
Ghana Kwesi appiah drops ayew brothers and Asamoah Gyan as Kwadwo Asamoah makes a return to the black stars

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wilfred Ndidi Named Leicester City's Young Player Of The Year / Quique Serien: It Wouldn't Be Fair If Barca Plays Napoli In An Empty Stadium / Just In: Boy Win A Whooping Sum Of 50 Million On Bet9ja With 100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.