Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,872 members, 7,810,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

.. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / .. (9825 Views)

Nairalanders Iftaar (kaduna Edition Season 1) / Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2015 / Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by dives(m): 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
Re: .. by Sheenor: 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
naaah!.......she can't cook for you broda, nor can yuh eat any of her food since you aint married to her yet.
Re: .. by dives(m): 4:50am On Jul 01, 2014
Sheenor: naaah!.......she can't cook for you broda, nor can yuh eat any of her food since you aint married to her yet.

Re: .. by tbaba1234: 4:54am On Jul 01, 2014
Wa aleikum salam,

Wa iyyakum

I think, your problem is beyond iftar meals.

This dating, you talk about. Do you know that bf-gf relationship is haram?

Are you planning to get married to this woman? How soon do you think you can move forward with that?

Do you observe limits in your interaction?

She is non-muslim, how importantly do you take your Islam? What about your future children?

The issue of a non mahram preparing your meals in this setting is not correct

3 Likes

Re: .. by dives(m): 5:16am On Jul 01, 2014
Re: .. by Sheenor: 5:49am On Jul 01, 2014
dives:

What if she was just an neighbour/ordinary friend (muslim/non-muslim) can she cook my food?
that to be sincere, i dont know.
Re: .. by ifyalways(f): 6:11am On Jul 01, 2014
My knowledge is limited and my heart is liberal. . .i see nothing wrong with accepting her food.

3 Likes

Re: .. by dives(m): 10:17am On Jul 01, 2014
tbaba1234: Wa aleikum salam,
Wa iyyakum
I think, your problem is beyond iftar meals.
This dating, you talk about. Do you know that bf-gf relationship is haram?
Are you planning to get married to this woman? How soon do you think you can move forward with that?
Do you observe limits in your interaction?
She is non-muslim, how importantly do you take your Islam? What about your future children?
The issue of a non mahram preparing your meals in this setting is not correct
Thanks brother. Are you categorically saying it is haram for me to eat the food prepared by a non-mahram during ramadhan even if she is "just a muslim sister" ex a classmate? Can you please expantiate.
Re: .. by dives(m): 10:24am On Jul 01, 2014
Sheenor: that to be sincere, i dont know.
May Allah reward you for your efforts
Re: .. by tbaba1234: 10:31am On Jul 01, 2014
dives: Thanks brother. Are you categorically saying it is haram for me to eat the food prepared by a non-mahram during ramadhan even if she is "just a muslim sister" ex a classmate? Can you please expantiate.

Haram? No

I have only said that this arrangement is inapproptiate. I do not make halal or haram judgements.

Will 'just a muslim sister' decide to cook your meals everyday at no cost to you?

There is something else that inspires that and given the fact that she is non mahram, it is unhealthly that you meet all the time to eat her food.

1 Like

Re: .. by Sheenor: 10:35am On Jul 01, 2014
dives:
May Allah reward you for your efforts
Ameen

1 Like

Re: .. by dives(m): 10:53am On Jul 01, 2014
tbaba1234:

Haram? No

I have only said that this arrangement is inapproptiate. I do not make halal or haram judgements.

Will 'just a muslim sister' decide to cook your meals everyday at no cost to you?

There is something else that inspires that and given the fact that she is non mahram, it is unhealthly that you meet all the time to eat her food.

Ok so if I understand you well what you are saying is even if the sister is doing it as an act of charity it is not clearly stated that it is haram but is not advisable since she is a non-mahram.

By the way (within your scope of knowledge) do you know any hadith or qur'anic verse that talks about who a man can eat from.
Re: .. by Sissie(f): 11:10am On Jul 01, 2014
dives:

What if she was just an neighbour/ordinary friend (muslim/non-muslim) can she cook my food?

Yes she can.
I have seen situations especially in the University where females cook and give males because of the reward and it's more convenient for the male compared to going to the restaurant especially when he can't cook

But my problem with this your situation is this is not a no strings attached kind of situation. A female doing it for the reward but doing it to please you. And in the process of bringing your iftar to you, some other rules can be broken.

1 Like

Re: .. by maclatunji: 11:15am On Jul 01, 2014
This bros. is playing with "fire" (figuratively). The vibes from this particular arrangement are just wrong. The one Sissie is talking about usually comes in the form of a community. E.g. Students, corpers etc. Not this one of one-of-one with feelings attached. #OdikwaRisky

1 Like

Re: .. by tbaba1234: 1:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
dives:

Ok so if I understand you well what you are saying is even if the sister is doing it as an act of charity it is not clearly stated that it is haram but is not advisable since she is a non-mahram.

By the way (within your scope of knowledge) do you know any hadith or qur'anic verse that talks about who a man can eat from.

The issue is not about who cooks for you, it is about this relationship. This arrangement is playing with the haram.

The Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) told us that whenever a man and a woman are together, shaytan is the third.

2 Likes

Re: .. by dives(m): 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
Sissie:

Yes she can.
I have seen situations especially in the University where females cook and give males because of the reward and it's more convenient for the male compared to going to the restaurant especially when he can't cook

But my problem with this your situation is this is not a no strings attached kind of situation. A female doing it for the reward but doing it to please you. And in the process of bringing your iftar to you, some other rules can be broken.

Jazaaka LLahu khairan but I don't really get you. Let me rephrase the question for you.

Can I eat the food of a non-mahram during ramadhan? No/Yes.

if yes does having feelings for this my non-mahram still make it non- permissble for her to cook for me eventhough we are NOT dating?
No/yes
Re: .. by dives(m): 2:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
maclatunji: This bros. is playing with "fire" (figuratively). The vibes from this particular arrangement are just wrong. The one Sissie is talking about usually comes in the form of a community. E.g. Students, corpers etc. Not this one of one-of-one with feelings attached. #OdikwaRisky

Actually we are both corpers. She likes me, I like her, we are "very fond" of each other but we are NOT dating.
Re: .. by maclatunji: 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2014
dives:

Actually we are both corpers. She likes me, I like her, we are "very fond" of each other;she's always around me and vice versa but we are NOT dating.

Do you know the corper setting I was writing about? You have Muslim Corpers Association of Nigeria (MCAN) lodges where you may have like 50 or more corpers living where there is little room for you to be having the kind of relationship you are having right now. The sisters may volunteer to cook as a group for all the corpers not "Felicia thinks Hasan the corper next door is sweet and she would like to cook his meals during Ramadan".

#AhnAhn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by tbaba1234: 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2014
dives:

Actually we are both corpers. She likes me, I like her, we are "very fond" of each other but we are NOT dating.

What will be the difference if you were dating?

She is always around you, you hold hands etc

All of these are not acceptable islamically.

3 Likes

Re: .. by dives(m): 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2014
tbaba1234:

The issue is not about who cooks for you, it is about this relationship. This arrangement is playing with the haram.

The Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) told us that whenever a man and a woman are together, shaytan is the third.

I understand this very well and I am taking extra caution this ramadhan. since ramadhan has started we rarely see except if need be and I try to make it when I have broken my fast. I am even planning on continuing such after ramadhan (seeing her less often)

What I am really concerned about this moment is who can cook for me because not only her has offered to cook for me. Not only fellow female corpers who are nothing more than my fellow corpers but also a married woman who I work with has also offered me food they have prepared themselves.

I just want to be sure of what I eat so I don't spoil my fasting

Ok let me rephrase the question to reduce the ambiguity

Can a non mahram cook for me during ramdhan? Yes/No

If yes does having feelings for this non-mahram nullify the fact that she can cook for me? Yes/No
Re: .. by Sissie(f): 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
dives:

I understand this very well and I am taking extra caution this ramadhan. since ramadhan has started we rarely see except if need be and I try to make it when I have broken my fast. I am even planning on continuing such after ramadhan (seeing her less often)

What I am really concerned about this moment is who can cook for me because not only her has offered to cook for me. Not only fellow female corpers who are nothing more than my fellow corpers and even a married woman who I work with have offered me food they have prepared themselves.

I just want to be sure of what I eat so I don't spoil my fasting

Ok let me rephrase the question

Can a non mahram cook for me durinf ramdhan? Yes/No

If yes does having feeling for this non-mahram nullify the fact that she can cook for me? Yes/No

If you have people who are willing to cook strictly for the reward of it, why are you trying to deprive them of the reward and take from someone who's cooking to please you.
Don't get me wrong eating the food of a non Muslim is not haram. we all go to restaurants.
But the problem is what happens during and after. Having feelings for the mahram increases the chance of passing your boundaries. I have heard stories of how just giving food to someone lead to other things during Ramadan.

It's best to be on the safe side.

We understand your questions and not every question is a yes or no answer.

9 Likes

Re: .. by khattab02: 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
maclatunji:

Do you know the corper setting I was writing about? You have Muslim Corpers Association of Nigeria (MCAN) lodges where you may have like 50 or more corpers living where there is little room for you to be having the kind of relationship you are having right now. The sisters may volunteer to cook as a group for all the corpers not "Felicia thinks Hasan the corper next door is sweet and she would like to cook his meals during Ramadan".

#AhnAhn
hmm.. Jazakallahu khairan!

So much like your last line.
Re: .. by mrtobbiemillz: 10:38am On Jun 17, 2015
Hello brothers in Islam, I need to ask something about iftar...I have a fiancee, of course everyone in our immediate families knows us both and In shaa Allah we are going to get married soon. Can she cook my iftars?
Re: .. by Pelummy(f): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2015
As Salam Alaykum, I have this big brother friends in my compound they are muslim too . Please is it HALAL to give SAHUR & IFTAR to them?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Using Vessels Of Gold And Silver For Eating And Drinking. Halaal Or Harom? / To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) / The Importance Of Sadaqah In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.