Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,210 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:51 AM

Nigeria's Defeat To Common France Who Is To Blame? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's Defeat To Common France Who Is To Blame? (609 Views)

Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay / Reflecting On Nigeria's Defeat To Spain / Nigeria Defeat Portugal To Retain Copa Lagos Trophy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Defeat To Common France Who Is To Blame? by 9jagist(m): 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2014
http://www.9jagist.com/france-defeats-nigeria-qualify-quarter-final-stage/

Nah wah oh for 9ja, we tried though but i blame keshi for initial wrong selection, and fearing to substitute mikel in the last for games
i also blame mikel for poor perfomance and loop hole in the midfield, no wonder mourinho do bench him, onazi's injury expose more loop hole in mikel role. or guys whon would you cast your blames to?
Re: Nigeria's Defeat To Common France Who Is To Blame? by abatically(m): 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
They lost to a tactically better team. Man to man, player to player we can't match them. Pogba, matuidi, cabaye and Van bueina in the midfield, can Onazi, mikel and Osaze match them? In attack can emenike or Musa match benzema? Or can Yobo and omeruo match varane and kocienly? The only thing we have is a good goalkeeper. France weakest link in giroud who is still better than what we have. Oh I forgot to mention they have a better bench, with players like griezman on the bench while we have Ruben, uchebo etc on the bench.

Bottom line, the better team won, no need to blame anyone.

You call France a common team? Let's check, how many world class players are in France?
Benzema, evra, Hugo Lloris, matuidi, koscienly, griezman. And they have one of the world's best young talents in Paul pogba.

What do we have in Nigeria..... No single world class player. I know u will say enyeama, but he's not yet a world class player. He is getting there but not quite there. A. Terrific shot stopper though.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Defeat To Common France Who Is To Blame? by 9jagist(m): 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2014
abatically: They lost to a tactically better team. Man to man, player to player we can't match them. Pogba, matuidi, cabaye and Van bueina in the midfield, can Onazi, mikel and Osaze match them? In attack can emenike or Musa match benzema? Or can Yobo and omeruo match varane and kocienly? The only thing we have is a good goalkeeper. France weakest link in giroud who is still better than what we have. Oh I forgot to mention they have a better bench, with players like griezman on the bench while we have Ruben, uchebo etc on the bench.
Bottom line, the better team won, no need to blame anyone.

good observation, i like your contribution, but judging by what mikel played i will want to know your comment on mikel performance today
Re: Nigeria's Defeat To Common France Who Is To Blame? by abatically(m): 8:28pm On Jun 30, 2014
9jagist:

good observation, i like your contribution, but judging by what mikel played i will want to know your comment on mikel performance today

Mikel was just..... He was just mikel. The problem is we don't have any player to replace him. Ruben? Uchebo? Don't make me laugh. Nigeria should start looking for a replacement for Mikel, if only Keshi didn't drop Sunday mba. It's true that mikel is the only holding midfielder we have, nobody comes close to him in holding the ball for others to open up before passing. But he has become so slow in decision making and can't run. He knows he doesn't have a replacement, so he's become lackadaisical.

From the first half I noticed France tactic was to get Onazi out of the game. They almost succeeded in the first half, in the second half they continued hitting him until he was injured and removed. They knew mikel was a walk over.
Re: Nigeria's Defeat To Common France Who Is To Blame? by ammyluv2002(f): 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
No team should be called "common" when it comes to football
Re: Nigeria's Defeat To Common France Who Is To Blame? by cheguevera: 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2014
NAIRA LAND AND SQUARE
Re: Nigeria's Defeat To Common France Who Is To Blame? by 9jagist(m): 10:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
k, more review pls
Re: Nigeria's Defeat To Common France Who Is To Blame? by cocoduck: 1:18am On Jul 01, 2014
common France you say, France has a very good Domestic league, a league I as a Nigerian can only dream of in my wildest dreams, hold May Garri responsible, he knows nothing about football but he is running football in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

New Disciplinary Rules For UEFA Champions League Announced / 2014/2015 EPL And Champions League. Who Will Lead The Race For Glory? / Caretaker Coach May Lead Eagles To Rwanda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.