Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay (1231 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up / Nigeria Defeat Portugal To Retain Copa Lagos Trophy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by borie4u(m): 6:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
After the humiliation suffered by the super eagles at the hand of the Congolese national team right at our backyard aka slaughter slab, do you think the big boss should still remain as the team coach? Do u think stephen keshi deserves to still remain or should he be given a boot in his job? I personally think stephen should walkaway now before things get to bad. as a coach I think he didn't get the right boys for the job and tactically wrong in dis match.
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by coded01: 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
My fellow Nigerians that criticized my opinion about his resignation few months ago will begin to sing "Keshi must go"... grin --- how time changes so quick... tongue

He should be sacked with immediate effect... grin --- To avoid further onslaught... angry

What an embarrassment! shocked tongue

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by borie4u(m): 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
come to think of it, its been a long time we lost qualifying match at our backyard all thanks to stephen okechukwu keshi. That man no deserve even tfare go home self. if I be nff chairman na only emenike go collect stipend after dis match. y keshi no start am self.imagine emenike to oduamadi. titus to crayfish. dey resemble?
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by coded01: 7:03pm On Sep 06, 2014
It's not his fault but that of many Nigerians clamoring for his stay when few of us said NO! tongue
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by kendrick93(m): 7:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
who should replace him tho?. he is d best of d bad bunch we hav
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
Krshi is daft...oh yees..i mean tactically daft..
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by coded01: 7:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
Honestly, is he better than Siasia? angry
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by borie4u(m): 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
imagine! I don start wetin I always dey do anytime we play. **bring out my calculator, if we win south africa and congo lose in kinshasha then.........**

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by dhope: 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
hahahaha. na today nigerians want begin to grade keshi ability? u will soon hear him saying his players didnt play to instruction or he missed enyeama. his ego will neva allow him to take responsiblity. mayb he might hav won wit his favourites lik ameobi and micheal uchebo. we may need to hear better frm keshi's fans in d house.
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
coded01: Honestly, is he better than Siasia? angry
AMU....abi oooo..in his tenure nigeria plays ugliest...keshi is not better than a spectator..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by DebohBaron(m): 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
He should be sacked!!
I think he's tired and has no new ideas...Sunday Oliseh should be brought in.

My honest opinion thou.
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by coded01: 7:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
omoteamac: AMU....abi oooo..in his tenure nigeria plays ugliest...keshi is not better than a spectator..

You are right bro! wink
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
The NFF failed to read the hand-writing on the wall.

Keshi lost interest in this job a long time ago.
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
@coded01 since day one wen u shouted for keshi removal i have always supported u dat man is anything but a coach did u see how he was looking cluelessly at his watch throughout d match claiming fergurson.i wonder wot his supportters aka safarigal wud said about dis.how can a coach still be using players dat he we all say flopped at d world cup.dis coach was no where near wen GOD was giving brains

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by ddippset(m): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
he should lead the team to south africa on wednesday. if he fails to get a draw in jo burg, he should be sacked! it's not sack time yet.
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by philantoxx(m): 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
keshi has always been tactically deficient. sack am asap.
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by borie4u(m): 8:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
I personally believe dat keshi has lost interest in dis job of being the coach of d super eagles. its like a case of a man forced to do a job he's not interested in. if ur mind isn't dia den ur sure to do a bad job.He should just leave while he can peacefully. His mind has always been in south africa after the last world cup
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by egbaguy: 9:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]i gave up on keshi after the wc game against bosnia when he blamed osaze for nt playing according to instruction. Then when d list of players for these CAN qualifiers came out,he left out michael babatunde and osaze.....keshi is mad
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by coded01: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
Razi1: @coded01 since day one wen u shouted for keshi removal i have always supported u

Thanks bro! wink

Razi1:
dat man is anything but a coach did u see how he was looking cluelessly at his watch throughout d match claiming fergurson.
i wonder wot his supportters aka safarigal wud said about dis. how can a coach still be using players dat he we all say flopped at d world cup.dis coach was no where near wen GOD was giving brains

This is an example of what one of his loyalist quoted me saying:-

Samunique: There's noting embarrassing there, it's football,

Really! angry Nigeria in the year 2014 losing to Congo @ home isn't embarrassing! shocked angry

The same reason why Nigeria remains the way it is if you don't see anything embarrassing about it... tongue

Samunique:
u win some and u lose some.

You sound like an Arsenal fan here no offence to Gunners fans... angry grin

Samunique:
And come to think of it, were u expecting victory from SE, with the fuji house of commotion called NFF?
We got what we deserved.

Period!!!!

Unless you have no ideal about Nigerian football, you go about giving such funny excuse for failure... angry

As far as i know Nigerian football, it has always been plagued by both internal & external problems... tongue --- Na today! tongue grin

I predicted this 2 months ago...https://www.nairaland.com/1799649/presidency-may-persuade-keshi-stay#24461197 embarassed angry

https://www.nairaland.com/1797094/babayaro-keshi-confused#24421080
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by dhope: 10:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
egbaguy: [color=#990000][/color]i gave up on keshi after the wc game against bosnia when he blamed osaze for nt playing according to instruction. Then when d list of players for these CAN qualifiers came out,he left out michael babatunde and osaze.....keshi is mad
osaze is injured but he dey fight i.k uche as if he is his rival. i prefer ideye to all these world cup flops lik uchebo and nwofor. thank God we lost today mayb dt loss can makd him to reduce his ego.
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by egbaguy: 10:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
dhope:
osaze is injured but he dey fight i.k uche as if he is his rival. i prefer ideye to all these world cup flops lik uchebo and nwofor. thank God we lost today mayb dt loss can makd him to reduce his ego.
osaze wasnt injured when d list came out
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by Greatihex(m): 10:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
When i read d story of d children of israel and God, i begin to wonda if d israelites have senses at all. Looking at hw they turn away 4rm God even after al the signs and wonders he performed in dia sight. If Jesus christ came from heaven to dis world; yet could nt please man, i wonda hw a felo man wl achieve dat. No wonda d same multitude dat followed hm, listen to his teaches and ate his food, were stil d same ppl dat called 4 hm 2 b cruxified. I could remember sum tym ago in dis same forum, wen evry1 was hailing hm; BIG BOSS! BIG BOSS!! For winning d afcon title nd oda successes, Sayin of hw he has neva bn won by an african team. Nw, those same ppl are ones calin 4 his sack, dat he is incompetent. Dis fans dat knw ntin abt futbal wnt d team 2 always win, wtout knwin dat it is impossible in futbal. There is always a day 4 u to lose. Dat is football. Name me any of ur so greatest coach dat has nt bn trashed at least 3 - 0. Dis attitude dat sum of u re shwing is mans' greatest undoing dat has made God 2 set aside a judgement day 4 hm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by chimeluiz: 10:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
Seems like Razi1 is scared of mentioning someone... cheesy cheesy

Let me call her for you... Safarigirl

But its too early to crucify Keshi in my opinion, Keshi may not be the best coach as the likes of Marcello Lippi, Guus Hiddink, Joachim Low, Aragones(late), Trappatoni but he has taken Nigeria from its lowest point begining from 2006 where we cldnt qualify for the World cup against a lowly Angola side then 2008 where we crashed out shamefully from the Nations cup to Ghana continuing to 2010 where we cldnt leave the group stage of the world cup and reaching the height in 2012 where we cldnt even qualify for the nations cup against Equitorial Guinea....

Let us not forget the abyss we came from so soon where we lost the savour of watching Super Eagles matches...
Now keshi has taken us from there to Continental champions, world cup round of 16...yes our wins may have not been pretty but the win is all dt counts in the end... Meanwhile keshi's eagles have produced many stellar performances most notably during the nations cup against CIV, Mali, his Chan eagles against CIV SA and Morocco

For now I think we should leave Keshi and let us watch th SA game, only after then shld we judge...

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by safarigirl(f): 10:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
chimeluiz: Seems like Razi1 is scared of mentioning someone... cheesy cheesy

Let me call her for you... Safarigirl

But its too early to crucify Keshi in my opinion, Keshi may not be the best coach as the likes of Marcello Lippi, Guus Hiddink, Joachim Low, Aragones(late), Trappatoni but he has taken Nigeria from its lowest point begining from 2006 where we cldnt qualify for the World cup against a lowly Angola side then 2008 where we crashed out shamefully from the Nations cup to Ghana continuing to 2010 where we cldnt leave the group stage of the world cup and reaching the height in 2012 where we cldnt even qualify for the nations cup against Equitorial Guinea....

Let us not forget the abyss we came from so soon where we lost the savour of watching Super Eagles matches...
Now keshi has taken us from there to Continental champions, world cup round of 16...yes our wins may have not been pretty but the win is all dt counts in the end... Meanwhile keshi's eagles have produced many stellar performances most notably during the nations cup against CIV, Mali, his Chan eagles against CIV SA and Morocco

For now I think we should leave Keshi and let us watch th SA game, only after then shld we judge...
I go just dey my own jejely, people go dey see me for dreams and visions.

Wetin safarigirl do? I thief pesin goat?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 07, 2014
[quote author=coded01]

Thanks bro! wink

This is an example of what one of his loyalist quoted me saying:-

Really! angry Nigeria in the year 2014 losing to Congo @ home isn't embarrassing! shocked angry

The same reason why Nigeria remains the way it is if you don't see anything embarrassing about it... tongue

You sound like an Arsenal fan here no offence to Gunners fans... angry grin

Unless you have no ideal about Nigerian football, you go about giving such funny excuse for failure... angry

As far as i know Nigerian football, it has always been plagued by both internal & external problems... tongue --- Na today! tongue grin

I predicted this 2 months ago...https://www.nairaland.com/1799649/presidency-may-persuade-keshi-stay#24461197 embarassed angry

https://www.nairaland.com/1797094/babayaro-keshi-confused#24421080[/quoteGOD go continue to bless u 4 seeing d future yet people didnt believe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by coded01: 6:13am On Sep 07, 2014
Razi1: GOD go continue to bless u 4 seeing d future yet people didnt believe

Amen!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thank you bro & you too! wink

Check out this morning thread:- https://www.nairaland.com/1891460/knew-eagles-lose-keshi#26090556
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria's Defeat To Congo:do You Think Stephen Keshi Should Stay by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:03am On Sep 08, 2014
This is the reason no one takes Nigeria serious.
If Spain can retain Del Bosque after an embarrassing mundial, why cant we do the same?.
Its just like saying Pep Guardiola should be sacked just because he lost 5-0 to Madrid
Yes,we lost.....Its football, we cant win always.

(1) (Reply)

Your Best Sportman/sportwoman Of 2014 / Super Cup: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid 1 - 2 - (live) / Team Mates Hold Memorial For Late Super Eagles Player, Sam Okwaraji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.