Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,594 members, 7,851,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:01 PM

Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles (650 Views)

Onigbinde Writes Keshi, Asks Him To Quit Super-Eagles Job / Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles / Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles by DonColz1(m): 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2014
Super Eagles coach, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi has resigned his appointment after leading the team to the second round of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Speaking after the Eagles were eliminated by France in the round of 16 match in Brasilia, Monday, the Delta State-born tactician said it was time to move on after leading his country’s national team to the Africa Nations Cup trophy last year and the ongoing World Cup in Brazil.
Nigeria’s coach Stephen Keshi gives a press conference at the Baixada Arena in Curitiba on June 15, 2014, on the eve of their Group F 2014 FIFA World Cup football match against Iran. AFP PHOTO
“I have to go back to my family and face fresh challenges,” Keshi said.
Similarly, Super Eagles Captain, Yobo Joseph said he has had enough and can go no further as national team player. “I think I should give the younger ones the opportunity to forge ahead. I have nothing new to offer.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/breaking-news-keshi-yobo-quit-super-eagles/
Re: Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
Thank you Keshi.

You won us the nations cup, and even though the wc is another level on its own you reached the second round.

Its just about time you resigned. Poor tactics and poor team selection was your undoing. Wish you a successful career whereever you go.

As for you Yobo, the least said, the better. But congrats anyways. Most capped naija player.
Re: Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
Thank u all for ur services, we wish u all the best
Re: Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
Congrats to Keshi. He has really done well! Nothing overall to complain about...he did his best

Good luck in the future
Re: Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles by luvinhubby(m): 8:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
Yobo, yes, thanks and please move on.
Keshi, no, we still need him, we can match what SA wants to pay.
Re: Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Christmasdon(m): 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
Too early to resi.gn dont you think.so.
Re: Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Rossikk(m): 9:10pm On Jun 30, 2014
Good riddance!
Re: Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
Congrats Keshi.. We Will miss you
Re: Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles by englishmart(m): 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
They have always had this on their minds.
Good for them.
Next topic please

(1) (Reply)

Keshi Can Go; NFF / 2013/14 Champions League Prize Money Revealed / Is Victor Moses Overated By Nigerians And Chelsea Fans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.