Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,794 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Stephen Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles (489 Views)

Onigbinde Writes Keshi, Asks Him To Quit Super-Eagles Job / Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles / Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephen Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Tchitntdu(m): 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2014
[img]http://4.bp..com/-NQcjtsBzijc/U7HFUzwkjrI/AAAAAAAAEu8/NmOgPDaHjl4/s1600/keshi+and+yobo.png[/img]

Super Eagles coach, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi has resigned his appointment after leading the team to the second round of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

Speaking after the Eagles were eliminated by France in the round of 16 match in Brasilia, Monday, the Delta State-born tactician said it was time to move on after leading his country’s national team to the Africa Nations Cup trophy last year and the ongoing World Cup in Brazil.
Nigeria's coach Stephen Keshi gives a press conference at the Baixada Arena in Curitiba on June 15, 2014, on the eve of their Group F 2014 FIFA World Cup football match against Iran. AFP PHOTO

Nigeria’s coach Stephen Keshi gives a press conference at the Baixada Arena in Curitiba on June 15, 2014, on the eve of their Group F 2014 FIFA World Cup football match against Iran. AFP PHOTO

“I have to go back to my family and face fresh challenges,” Keshi said.

Similarly, Super Eagles Captain, Yobo Joseph said he has had enough and can go no further as national team player. “I think I should give the younger ones the opportunity to forge ahead. I have nothing new to offer.”

source: http://www.mediapostng.com/2014/06/breaking-news-stephen-keshi-yobo-quit.html

Re: Stephen Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Tchitntdu(m): 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2014
too bad!
Re: Stephen Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles by papannamdi1(m): 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2014
ooh keshi, my darling keshi, i will miss your baloon head
Re: Stephen Keshi, Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Koolmexxi(m): 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
Good riddance. Tym to see some fresh faces in d Eagles set up

(1) (Reply)

Africa's Good, Bad And Ugly At World Cup / Keshi Says Nigeria Split Not Yet Formal / Keshi Doesn't Leave Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.