Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,682 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi (20870 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Loses Mother To Death, Apologises For Missing Tanzania Game / Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite / See Matuidi's Tackle On Onazi And Its Aftermath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by donsmall94(m): 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
The France midfielder has revealed he went into the dressing room after the game to say sorry to the Lazio star for a tackle that ended his match
France midfielder Blaise Matuidi has admitted that he was "disappointed" with his tackle that forced Nigeria’s Ogenyi Onazi off during les Bleus’ 2-0 World Cup last-16 success over the African champions.

Just before an hour had been played, the Paris Saint-Germain midfielder challenged the Lazio player in the centre of the field but was late to the ball and caught Onazi on the ankle – a blow that ended the 21-year-old's involvement and left Nigeria boss Stephen Keshi fuming.

Matuidi, who was only shown a yellow card for the tackle, has confessed that the challenge was a poor one but has protested that there was no intent to injure the Super Eagles man.

"I'm sorry," he told the media after the game. "I've not gone in to hurt him; I'm disappointed because I'm not a dirty player.

"I went into the [Nigeria] dressing room afterwards to apologise."

The PSG star had praise for the spirit of his side, who had spent much of the opening hour under pressure from their opponents before Paul Pogba's header and Joseph Yobo's own-goal sealed the win.

"We may not have the talent of previous generations but we have the heart and the mind," he said. "This is what has put us [in the quarter-finals]."

For midfield partner Pogba, the 27-year-old only had words of admiration.

"He has a great future and he showed that today," the Toulouse-born added stated.

Matuidi has 26 caps for France, which he will be aiming to add to when they meet either Algeria or Germany in the quarter-finals on Friday.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4684/world-cup-2014/2014/06/30/4926811/matuidi-disappointed-with-onazi-challenge

1 Like

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by Rossikk(m): 9:35pm On Jun 30, 2014
donsmall94: France midfielder
Blaise Matuidi has
admitted that he was
"disappointed" with his
tackle that forced
Nigeria’s Ogenyi Onazi off during les Bleus’
2-0 World Cup last-16 success over the
African champions.
Just before an hour had been played, the
Paris Saint-Germain midfielder challenged
the Lazio player in the centre of the field but
was late to the ball and caught Onazi on the
ankle – a blow that ended the 21-year-old's
involvement and left Nigeria boss Stephen
Keshi fuming.
Matuidi, who was only shown a yellow card
for the tackle, has confessed that the
challenge was a poor one but has protested
that there was no intent to injure the Super
Eagles man.
"I'm sorry," he told the media after the game.
"I've not gone in to hurt him; I'm
disappointed because I'm not a dirty player.
"I went into the [Nigeria] dressing room
afterwards to apologise."
The PSG star had praise for the spirit of his
side, who had spent much of the opening
hour under pressure from their opponents
before Paul Pogba's header and Joseph
Yobo's own-goal sealed the win.
"We may not have the talent of previous
generations but we have the heart and the
mind," he said. "This is what has put us [in
the quarter-finals]."
For midfield partner Pogba, the 27-year-old
only had words of admiration.
"He has a great future and he showed that
today," the Toulouse-born added stated.
Matuidi has 26 caps for France, which he
will be aiming to add to when they meet
either Algeria or Germany in the quarter-
finals on Friday.
You're a basta'rd and a liar, Matuidi. You were designated to take out Onazi as a direct order from your bosses, which you carried out to perfection. Now kindly fu.c.k off, you corrupt, lying, dirty cheat.

60 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by papannamdi1(m): 9:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
ur fada
u see mikel u no break im leg, na onazi leg u go break, hediot

104 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by Guykhena(m): 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
papa_nnamdi: ur fada
grin

4 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by rattlesnake(m): 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
if TB Joshua catch u

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

u go forget wetin ur name maikudi mean

5 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by olapluto(m): 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
That tackle changed the match. That was tactical genius by the French.

11 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
The Guy na fool.

1 Like

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
Nice one Matuidi ! This guy is a real midfielder!! Mikel+Ramires+Toress=Matiudi

3 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2014

I wonder o

2 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by Big4wig(m): 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
Medicine after death...no matter d politics played by d referee super eagles am proud of u guys well done

23 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
That tackle was intentional.

10 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by oladistinct(m): 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
Matuidi is not a dirty player. He went for the ball but his tackle was late, it can happen to anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by Tval(m): 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
He's a cow, if they had lost the match, he wouldn't come out to say such. He only fretted after knowing his mission had been accomplished.

11 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by collynzo2(m): 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
It was part of your game plan to take out our only midfield enforcer, no point apologising.
I wasn't surprised when the midfield completely disappeared after his depature, Mikel and Reuben are statues.

7 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by pjosh1(m): 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
E 4 beta if to sey u break yobo and mikel leg

1 Like

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by andyanders: 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
In fact, had it been it was Mikel he broke his leg, I would have been the happiest man EVER. Mikel is even the one that messed up and his weakness was shown immediately Onazi was injured and the goals started coming.

5 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by venahoro(m): 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
Matuidi! U for just take mikel legs instead! 10 against 11 without mikel beta pass 11 vs 11 with mikel! All the snails around my area hiss tire for mikel sluggishness!!

16 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by Kyase(m): 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mitchew.
Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by freeyayo(m): 9:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
Treatment after death Good he apologized though, its just that he should tell the Marines cool
Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
.did I blame him. I blame an i diot like Mikel that couldn't retaliate.
I blame Keshi's pot head & belly for making him think his tactics that he used to win Ethiophia, Lesotho, Malawi ll work for France.
Last Bullet
Small time, Keshi come run away.
Coward coach.
Only God knows the quack they are bringing next!

1 Like

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
If Onazi is 21 then I'm 16!!!!!

13 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 30, 2014

ROTFLMAOO grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by collynzo2(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
oladistinct: Matuidi is not a dirty player. He went for the ball but his tackle was late, it can happen to anyone.
Remember that Onazi's ankle was twisted in the early moments of the game, he managed to come back after getting treatment before being stamped on the same ankle again, it wasn't a coincidence.
Some of those tackles were as bad as what kept the likes of Ramsey and Eduardo out for more than a year.

6 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by TheRealAdonye(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
Wow, I didn't know Torres was a midfielder.. I learn something new everyday..

rahazaqa: Nice one Matuidi ! This guy is a real midfielder!! Mikel+Ramires+Toress=Matiudi

5 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by Richhard(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2014

lol,i actually wish that(injury) was for mikel
Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by dwilliams: 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
Deschamps is better dan Keshi, he played dirty ny removing Onazi, d playmaker and Ambrose who terrorised dem on d flanks, nice move there, from d game u could see dat the french became more physical during d second half and dat was where de won ctr of d game, d minute we conceded our players lost morale and de played lackaidiasical futball, well me no de use my full mind support any team cos I am not paíd I v a lot of issues on my mind 2 cm de get bp over one Millionaire Own goal

5 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by olusmarth(m): 9:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
Wow! Datz too much for Mikel, u mean is a real statues?
collynzo2: It was part of your game plan to take out our only midfield enforcer, no point apologising.
I wasn't surprised when the midfield completely disappeared after his depature, Mikel and Reuben are statues.
Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by Tval(m): 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
Once more, thunder fire you Matuidi.

3 Likes

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by parzdor(m): 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
rahazaqa: Nice one Matuidi ! This guy is a real midfielder!! Mikel+Ramires+Toress=Matiudi
chelsea fan talkin....lol

1 Like

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by Ayorh4you(m): 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
Too late
Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by fredoooooo: 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
campaign after election angry

still UP EAGLES

1 Like

Re: Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi by Tval(m): 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
parzdor: chelsea fan talkin....lol

It's crystal clear the guy is a gunner.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal / Worst Day Of My Life — Super Eagles Midfielder, John Ogu As His Mum Dies / Saudi Arabia Ready To Suspend Its Alcohol Ban To Boost Its Bid To Host 2034 WC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.