Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Review Of Arkham Origins By A Nairalander - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Review Of Arkham Origins By A Nairalander (1197 Views)

My Review Of 'football Manager Handheld 2015' / Batman: Arkham Origins For Ios [download] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review Of Arkham Origins By A Nairalander by Deesick7(m): 10:39pm On Jun 30, 2014
Arkham Origins is a good game,better than most but failing to meet up with the standard set by its predecessors.It's unbelievably ridiculous dat despite all the awesome technology available in the gaming universe presently,the Arkham team failed to bring something new to the series.It is most times very hard for game developers to meet and even surpass d mark set by their previous games...but despite all the criticism one can haul on dis game its not terrible like sum games I've had d displeasure of playing.

First off,Nothing is new...the same skill set from previous Arkham games is repriced,and d free flow combat system is pretty much unchanged.This is supposed to be a prequel but nothing in batman's characterization shows dat he is new to d vigilante business.He already has some of his standard issue weapons from previous games and d ones he acquires later on r just changed a bit but perform d same functions as weapons from previous game Arkham city.If they created scenarios where he took a weapon from a downed supervillain and developed it took fast travel to d batcave to develop it through a puzzle sequence,it might av made d game more interesting.Like deathstrokes' weapon*Batman knows how to glide perfectly around town like he has been batman for awhile.Really Really bad in a bad way.The other annoying part is the glitches,I once punched a guy in d gcpd stage and his head got stuck inside d wall.I'm like if his head is inside d wall I wonder whether he is dead or unconscious,he really looks dead to me and dat just breaks batman's no killing policy.Outright ridiculous.Sometimes during fast travel,d audio stops working or in-game,d glitches out n game loads itself n continues.Something dat is not present in former titles dat just taints the Arkham series as far as I'm concerned.Nothing really shows dat batman is new to d business,he is already Sherlock Holmes and makes exact recreation of crime scenes without any mistakes or misconceptions which if included and d detective mode made more interactive and explorable would have given d game a better chance.D streets also r totally full of criminals.Its Christmas eve n I'm sure dat oda people who aren't crooks should live in gotham.Dis game is based n set in Gotham not Arkham city where dey av d excuse of littering d streets with thugs for Batman to beat up.
But I must acknowledge d game for exploring d batman Joker relationship at its inception and d voice acting too was nice.Smith did considerably well in filling in for Conroy and same for baker to Hamil.Troy Baker ofcourse had d challenge of d right tone and swagger for d joker's character which had already been set by Mark Hamill but did considerably well.The detective mode crime recreation too is really nice but should be made more interactive in d next game (Arkham knight).The character of Alfred too was well portrayed and gave d gamer some light to Batman's heritage n stuff.

FINAL VERDICT
Good game,could have been better.The problem is not with the story but with how it was painted out on the canvas and how it was presented to d gamers who wanted new stuff.I rate it 7.9.Worth playing but not worth d expense.Good but not great.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Review Of Arkham Origins By A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hm! I my Batman gaming spree ended when I experienced a major glitch at joker's lair.

1 Like

Re: Review Of Arkham Origins By A Nairalander by Deesick7(m): 9:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
My own second playthrough was hindered because of a glitch at d dead shot mission.
Re: Review Of Arkham Origins By A Nairalander by SMALLPENIS(f): 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
grin

(1) (Reply)

FIFA 15: Top 50 Players – Messi Is Still The Best, But Do You Agree? / Football Manager Hanheld 15 Finally / My 5 Best Games For 2015 So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.