Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

South Korea Greeted With Ultimate Insult Upon Return Home From World Cup Exit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Korea Greeted With Ultimate Insult Upon Return Home From World Cup Exit (1110 Views)

Footballers Queue Up To Mock Man United After Embarrassing Carling Cup Exit / Keshi Blames Enyeama For Nigeria's World Cup Exit / Osaze Blames TB Joshua's Prediction For Super Eagles Nations Cup Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Korea Greeted With Ultimate Insult Upon Return Home From World Cup Exit by coded01: 11:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
They are calling it the 'plane of shame' these days.

It is the moment a national side heads off for a World Cup finals armed with their new kits, fresh luggage and high hopes, but return prematurely before the last 16 begins with their tails tucked firmly between their legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J3dgyi0ZzM

Han Kook-Young (R) consoles Son Heung-Min of South Korea after a 0-1 defeat to Belgium in the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Group H match between South Korea and Belgium at Arena de Sao Paulo on June 26, 2014 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
There will be plenty of unhappy countries heading home without justifying their stay in Brazil, especially when you think of England, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Japan and Ivory Coast.

But some fans accept losing better than others.

South Korea reached the last four of the World Cup finals under Guus Hiddink when they hosted the tournament with Japan in 2002.

As such, their football-obsessed country were banking on another joy ride in South America, but ended up party to Asia's worst performance at a World Cup finals in 24 years with Japan, Iran and Australia all failing to clear the first hurdle.

South Korea's tournament began with a 1-1 draw against Russia before going downhill with a 4-2 loss to Algeria and 1-0 reverse against Belgium sealing their fate.

When South Korea's ashen-faced squad posted for a photograph after flying from Sao Paulo to Seoul on Monday, they were greeted with flying toffees from some fans unhappy with their performance.

It basically sent out the message "go eat a toffee" or "get lost". Or something even stronger than we can't print on a family friendly website.

“I am sorry that we weren’t able to return the love and support shown by our people during the World Cup,” said the South Korea coach Hong Myunbg-bo.

“It was due to my deficiency as a coach that we didn’t put up the desired results. But our players all have a bright future ahead and not everything was lost from this tournament."

It could have been worse with Italy being pelted with tomatoes after the 1966 tournament.

We wonder if Wayne Rooney would have chewed on few of the flying treats if he had been with the South Koreans. South Korea left the tournament with toffee, and ended up with more when they flew home.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rio-report/south-korea-greeted-ultimate-insult-upon-return-home-163006540.html

1 Like

Re: South Korea Greeted With Ultimate Insult Upon Return Home From World Cup Exit by coded01: 12:02am On Jul 01, 2014
It is obvious their fans are unhappy for their poor performance in the World Cup but throwing sweets @ them is pretty cool for the South Koreans... grin ---- Yet you can see the fear on the faces of the Players! embarassed

As for these guys who calls themselves Super Eagles Super Chickens, no excuse! angry

I hope our boys in Lagos are ready to unleash street justice upon their arrival @ Murtala Muhammed Airport --- I think it won't be forgotten and would be a concern for those interested in bringing shame upon Nigeria next time! angry

--- But Enyeama should be excused while the boys do justice to the remaining including the the big-headed coach... I expect nothing less... angry

Where were the defenders that were supposed to mount both the left and right corners of the post while our darling Enyeama went for the punch? angry

1 Like

Re: South Korea Greeted With Ultimate Insult Upon Return Home From World Cup Exit by cheguevera: 12:08am On Jul 01, 2014
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA. NAIJA ,BOTTLES AWAIT YOU GUYS
Re: South Korea Greeted With Ultimate Insult Upon Return Home From World Cup Exit by Caseless: 4:58am On Jul 01, 2014
And we react here in Nigeria, keshi wld say we're not giving the needed support to the super eagle. It is a different ball game to have the capacity, human resources/talent and financial buoyancy to get results and u are fumbling, and u dont want people to chastise you. Nobody celebrate failure. You don't expect us to be happy when we're being subjected to high BP in the name of supporting the super eagle. I'm sure no one in honduras is shocked that their team didn't do well at the wc cos it was expected...not much was on their side, unlike nigeria.
Re: South Korea Greeted With Ultimate Insult Upon Return Home From World Cup Exit by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 01, 2014
coded01: It is obvious their fans are unhappy for their poor performance in the World Cup but throwing sweets @ them is pretty cool for the South Koreans... grin ---- Yet you can see the fears on the faces of the Players! embarassed

As for these guys who calls themselves Super Eagles Super Chickens, no excuse! angry

I hope our boys in Lagos are ready to unleash street justice upon their arrival @ Murtala Muhammed Airport --- I think it won't be forgotten and would be a concern for those interested in bringing shame upon Nigeria next time! angry

--- But Enyeama should be excused while the boys do justice to the remaining including the the big-headed coach... I expect nothing less... angry

Where were the defenders that were supposed to mount both the left and right corners of the post while our darling Enyeama go for the punch? angry

as if yu were reading mind. I tot that style is old school... Cos that first goal wudnt have scored.

1 Like

Re: South Korea Greeted With Ultimate Insult Upon Return Home From World Cup Exit by otokx(m): 6:40am On Jul 01, 2014
At least they returned home; our own may just fly back to their bases in Europe and America.
Re: South Korea Greeted With Ultimate Insult Upon Return Home From World Cup Exit by coded01: 9:07am On Jul 01, 2014
Tpappie:

as if yu were reading mind. I tot that style is old school... Cos that first goal wudnt have scored.

Totally agree with you... cool

1 Like

Re: South Korea Greeted With Ultimate Insult Upon Return Home From World Cup Exit by mencade5(m): 10:05am On Jul 01, 2014
otokx: At least they returned home; our own may just fly back to their bases in Europe and America.
to sit on the bench in their respective club sides. Yeye eagles

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls / CAF Forced Female Footballer To Strip Uncladto Prove She’s Female / Biography Of Chichi Ebo Nigerian Born Star In Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.