Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You (59342 Views)

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! / 5 Behaviours That Will Make You Earn The Respect Of Your Neighbours / Neighbours Ignore Lady Who Fainted Because Of Her Alleged Wicked Ways (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by myspnigeria: 10:43am On Jul 04, 2014
Lol.... Some people talk too much sha.... Regulated talk is the best
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:45am On Jul 04, 2014
Loling @No 5 cheesy
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by MadCow1: 10:46am On Jul 04, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Lol I bet you never even lived there cheesy you were brought up in a lovely house, don't lie wink

lol..

Dont worry about me fam.. grin

When I saw my hood a few weeks back, my respect for my Fathers hussle quadrupled. grin

Imagine living in a neighbourhood where when your Landlady is cooking, everybody vacates the room cos of smoke. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by topendo(m): 10:46am On Jul 04, 2014
Living in a compound of 24 flats of 21 mini's two 2-bedroom and 1 RSC.collecting power consumption rates(aka NEPA bills) is like taking food from a hungry man. we levied ourselves a monthly paltry 500naira for the general maintenance of the compound to cover the yard cleaner's wage bill, street association levies and other levies yet some of my neighbors have not paid for a whole year.I resorted to sending text messages about bill payment with practical no much improvements. I have decided that someone else should pilot the affairs of the house before i become an enemy of my neighbors who while trying to make things work for the general good of the compound occupants is now seen as a threat to my own stay in the compound.After being served an involuntary quit notice from the caretaker who falsely accused me of taking over his house along with 2 of my very good neighbors in similar encounters, we managed the situation and have vowed never to get involved with the affairs of the house. Everyone can do as he pleased. in less than one month, LASG ministry of environment fined the compound for dirty premise, Association is breathing down on us for defaulting in security payment and all of a sudden, the same neighbors are now appealing to us to rescind our decisions to help in coordinating things.some neighbors can be such a pain in the bum sha.!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by WiseElectrical: 10:47am On Jul 04, 2014
DON'T FALL IN LUV WITH UR NEIGHBORS DAUGHTER!!!
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by MadCow1: 10:49am On Jul 04, 2014
topendo: Living in a compound of 24 flats of 21 mini's two 2-bedroom and 1 RSC.collecting power consumption rates(aka NEPA bills) is like taking food from a hungry man. we levied ourselves a monthly paltry 500naira for the general maintenance of the compound to cover the yard cleaner's wage bill, street association levies and other levies yet some of my neighbors have not paid for a whole year.I resorted to sending text messages about bill payment with practical no much improvements. I have decided that someone else should pilot the affairs of the house before i become an enemy of my neighbors who while trying to make things work for the general good of the compound occupants is now seen as a threat to my own stay in the compound.After being served an involuntary quit notice from the caretaker who falsely accused me of taking over his house along with 2 of my very good neighbors in similar encounters, we managed the situation and have vowed never to get involved with the affairs of the house. Everyone can do as he pleased. in less than one month, LASG ministry of environment fined the compound for dirty premise, Association is breathing down on us for defaulting in security payment and all of a sudden, the same neighbors are now appealing to us to rescind our decisions to help in coordinating things.some neighbors can be such a pain in the bum sha.!

Hehehehee..

I understand your situation.

Dealing with Nigerians is always difficult. I am sure someone accused you of embezzlement of their 500 Naira levy. grin
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Lilimax(f): 10:49am On Jul 04, 2014
infogenius: In addition to what the op & others have said I will add a few.

1. Be tolerant, do not go about complaining about this or that.Do not be the nagging type.

2. To the single ladies, do not go around sleeping with your caretaker in ur flat or any of your
neighbour's husbands.Make sure you do not bring into ur flat different male friends or else
u'll not only be an object of gossip or reprissal attack, you will quickly loose respect and
every man in the neighbourhood will be after ur pants if you are fine girl.
If u no fine, then.....You can even be a victim of area molestation (not the one u think
but verbal.)

3. Do not hang around idle with ur neighbours.If u have nothing to do at home, take a stroll
or go to church.

4. DON'T LET YOUR NEIGHBOURS KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH.This is important or else you may
be a victim of compound gangup and periodic case study or subject of gossip.You can include this also, never
share SECRETS with anyone of them no matter how close you are.

5. Be nice but do it sensibly, do not over do it.Lest these creeps take advantage of you.

6. NEVER enter ur neighbours flats at will or on impulse. So that they will not reciprocate.If u keep to ur flat no
one will come knocking on ur door ealy Saturday morning for yeye chat or say I wan watch film or programme.
Be modest and mind ur business.

7. Make sure you have money & u're working or else u no go get voice for ya compound.

8. More importantly, Do not live beggarly.Abeeeg!
More to come.
Touche! smiley
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Paentera(m): 10:51am On Jul 04, 2014
Billyonaire: The thread belongs to people of the lowest echelon. Hahahahahaha

You're such a snob. angry angry angry

Its called a thread and its interesting to those who experience such situations, but for you to classify them in such a way means for you to feel good, you need to look down on others.
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by fairheven: 10:51am On Jul 04, 2014
Project400: We all know you have a blu-ray/DVD/Home Theatre. Kindly restrict the noise within the corners of your apartment sad

cheesy

Don't know y some demented tenants feel that som1else is interestrd in wateva song,or rather noise they are making wit their second -hand home theatre.people always feel the need to show -off,especially in this part of the world.for God sake nobody else except u,shud hear the music you are playing in your apartment.your right to play stops were my right to serenity starts.LET THE EARTH BE SILENT!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Lilimax(f): 10:54am On Jul 04, 2014
Billyonaire: The thread belongs to people of the lowest echelon. Hahahahahaha
huh ?angry
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 04, 2014
shelter4luving: Genuinely help your neighbour when he/she is in need. this act of kindness does not only command respect, but love towards you and your children.
...beautiful...
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by SkinnyDude(m): 10:56am On Jul 04, 2014
Rotjijatau: The following are the things you must do when living in any compound you are living and your respect will remain high...

(1.) Don't be the borrowing type of neighbour, rather be the person whom your neighbours are borrowing from.
(2.) Prepare your light bill before the month end to avoid your neighbours saying you're the only person who haven't paid your bill.
(3.) Don't bring too many friends to your house.

(4.) Don't talk too much with your neighbours to avoid gossip.
(5.) Don't be the only person who is fund of using the toilet without flushing...... Please add yours!!!
just in case.
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by MadCow1: 10:58am On Jul 04, 2014
ziza-zizu:
I have one principle when it comes to neighbours: don't date them. No matter how cute, sexy, tempting! There's no need for the extra drama. Imagine if u guys have serious ish or you break up, there'll be no way to avoid each other.

Dating Drama!!! shocked shocked

You dont want none of that..

I remember how one girl and one boy were constantly fighting inside the compound.. grin

In one case, the boy went to visit another female who just moved into the compound, na so this girl go brage enter the girl room, see fight. grin

#Rule No. 25: Never separate yard fights. cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2014
temigracie: don't start street-dating...
But...is...thread- dating bad? Cos...I'm Smith...
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2014
Mad Cow:

lol..

Dont worry about me fam.. grin

When I saw my hood a few weeks back, my respect for my Fathers hussle quadrupled. grin

Imagine living in a neighbourhood where when your Landlady is cooking, everybody vacates the room cos of smoke. grin

Onye asii !!! grin
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by SkinnyDude(m): 11:03am On Jul 04, 2014
GboyegaD: So you need be an ATM for your neighbors to respect you? Now I know why many of us live our lives to please others.
or to impress
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Surely001(m): 11:03am On Jul 04, 2014
Lolaabokoku: Don't disturb ur Neigbours ώϊ†̥̥ђ Early morning prayers like. 'Holy Ghost Fire'!!! Pursue them, kill them, die, die, die, yamutu, vanish,ku, ku ku,, ohhhh!!!!!! I command u ¶n †ђξ
Name of Jeeeesuuuussss!!!!!!

so true....like my Yoruba neighbour, he woke me up every morning with his prayers
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by MadCow1: 11:04am On Jul 04, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Onye asii !!! grin

Asi kwa!! lol. grin

Nwokem, I earned my hood stripes o!! cool

I know where I started and thats why I have sworn to keep up the hussle my Father started. grin

Guy.. Imagine living in a house where your landlord has packed all your property and kept outside because you owe 1 months rent. P.S:: He has already stolen some of your shiit.
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by shizzle11(m): 11:04am On Jul 04, 2014
mmig: are u 4real?

meaning
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Oh Good Jesus, my neibors are so fond of that, then after exhausting their energy, dey wud now decide to sleep - thennn the husband would start snoring. Trust me when i say, I hear d snore over d fence -then it would be my turn to pray.
rotflmao
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:07am On Jul 04, 2014
Surely001:

so true....like my Yoruba neighbour, he woke me up every morning with his prayers
then Ɣ☺ΰ
Warn him politely
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 04, 2014
rightym: I'm very sure u most be a herberlist or water goddess( efuru)
Water goddess are dangerously pretty...
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by IAMBREEZY: 11:14am On Jul 04, 2014
This thread ain't for well to do like me so *walks outta thread*
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by GboyegaD(m): 11:16am On Jul 04, 2014
winiwini: Dont be selfish! someone is living his/her life for you, why not do for others

How did you come to your conclusion and if I may ask who is living his/her life for me? I still insist I am not living for anyone and he who thinks he can only respect me because of what he wants to get should take some steps in either direction away from me.
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by GboyegaD(m): 11:18am On Jul 04, 2014
SkinnyDude:
or to impress

Abi now, typical of a Nigerian man.
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by EbiSexy(f): 11:21am On Jul 04, 2014
True talk,but its not applicable to all. If u live in a safe contain apartment,u ve no bizness with no one,everyone automatically minds his or her bizness. Sometimes,idleness is the cause of all these.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2014
Mad Cow:

Asi kwa!! lol. grin

Nwokem, I earned my hood stripes o!! cool

I know where I started and thats why I have sworn to keep up the hussle my Father started. grin

Guy.. Imagine living in a house where your landlord has packed all your property and kept outside because you owe 1 months rent. P.S:: He has already stolen some of your shiit.

Onye ki na kpo nwoke angry. Hood in Canada okwa ya ? grin
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by M4gunners: 11:24am On Jul 04, 2014
fairheven: 1.Don't. Mess with either ur landlord daughter or the wife cool grin ,;the consequences shall be consequential.!
2.pay your rent. At wen due,failure will bring hypertension grin
So in nigeria now, people mess with their Landlord Wife?
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by gbrown(m): 11:27am On Jul 04, 2014
Rotjijatau: The following are the things you must do when living in any compound you are living and your respect will remain high...

(1.) Don't be the borrowing type of neighbour, rather be the person whom your neighbours are borrowing from.
(2.) Prepare your light bill before the month end to avoid your neighbours saying you're the only person who haven't paid your bill.
(3.) Don't bring too many friends to your house.

I agree with your post except number (1) I borrowed out my pressing iron countless times until they destroyed it, when I bought a new one they had the nerves to come and borrow, I use to pay the electricity bill for all if we are disconnected I,all also pay reconnection fee,now I,be my inverter and solar panel, so I no dey look anybody face, I practically keep to myself now,they respect me now
(4.) Don't talk too much with your neighbours to avoid gossip.
(5.) Don't be the only person who is fund of using the toilet without flushing...... Please add yours!!!
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by donem: 11:32am On Jul 04, 2014
fairheven:

Don't know y some demented tenants feel that som1else is interestrd in wateva song,or rather noise they are making wit their second -hand home theatre.people always feel the need to show -off,especially in this part of the world.for God sake nobody else except u,shud hear the music you are playing in your apartment.your right to play stops were my right to serenity starts.LET THE EARTH BE SILENT!
I subscribe to your thought exception of the bolded, cos i see no reason Y the earth should be silent.
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by vainfairy: 11:46am On Jul 04, 2014
Lolaabokoku: Don't disturb ur Neigbours ώϊ†̥̥ђ Early morning prayers like. 'Holy Ghost Fire'!!! Pursue them, kill them, die, die, die, yamutu, vanish,ku, ku ku,, ohhhh!!!!!! I command u ¶n †ђξ
Name of Jeeeesuuuussss!!!!!!

Lolllzzzz!!! Ruthu, Ruthuu, Ruthuuu!!! Ow many times i call uu U don dey madt abi?? shocked
Re: 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You by vainfairy: 11:50am On Jul 04, 2014
temigracie: dont start street-dating...

From experience, ryt?? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gloria Akuffo: I Had My Children With People's Husbands / Do You Think You Are Ready For Marriage? See This / Mother & Daughter Sucking Their Fingers: When I Was Young, It Was Wrong. But Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.