Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,995 members, 7,838,510 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Safety Of Your Child While On The Road. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Safety Of Your Child While On The Road. (526 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Photo: A Mum Breastfeeding Her Child While Using The Toilet / Pictures Of A Woman That Gave Birth On The Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Safety Of Your Child While On The Road. by 9jababyblog: 9:25am On Jul 01, 2014
THE increase in car accidents involving children every year is a sad reality which brings to the fore the issue of child safety. Accidents happen, but what measures have parents taken to ensure the safety of their children while on the road?
It is becoming a worrying trend that the usage of seat belts and child safety car seats are not something that most 9ja parents take seriously (I too have been guilty of this). Most parents seem to think that holding their children or letting them sit on the lap is enough to protect them from the impact of accidents.
This is compounded by the fact that the use of child safety car seats are not compulsory in Nigeria. In some other countries for example, it is law that children must be secured in child safety car seats until they are at least six years old, I personally think there needs to be more awareness on road safety regulations that involves child safety car seats and seat belts. There also needs to be more laws regarding the protection of minors while driving.
A lack of tough laws has led to a complacent attitude among many parents who opt not to invest in child safety car seats and ensuring that their children buckle-up...
My advice for parents who can afford it, is please invest in child safety car seats, they are a necessity.

for more topics on parenting and pregnancy please visit http://9jababy..com/
Re: Safety Of Your Child While On The Road. by Tattooboy: 9:47am On Jul 01, 2014
When i get mine im gonna do dat,

(1) (Reply)

PHCN: Pls Release Our Light After 4 Months / Who Tell The Most Lies? Ladies Or Men?. / How To Make Everyday Feels Like A Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.