Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,770 members, 7,841,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Stephen Keshi: Nigeria's Greatest Coach, Why He Is? And What We Should Know? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi: Nigeria's Greatest Coach, Why He Is? And What We Should Know? (749 Views)

Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Who Is Nigeria Greatest Number 9 ? / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephen Keshi: Nigeria's Greatest Coach, Why He Is? And What We Should Know? by Caspian22(m): 10:57am On Jul 01, 2014
I want to take time to review what Keshi has done for Nigeria.

Its a pity that we Nigerians never value what we have and what stephen keshi has done for us, all we care about is winning every game and every competition. Let me take you back a bit, Samson Siasia who was rated one of Nigeria's best coaches after reaching the final of both the U-20 and the Olympic, failed to qualify us to the nations cup. Stephen Keshi took charge now fast forward 3 years later, We are african champions and have reached the last 16 of the World cup.

Stephen Keshi was a coach who got credible result out of nothing, some people are blaming him for his team selection, please try and recall how we won the nations cup, without the so called stars, even Nosa Igiebor and Ikechukwu uche did not perform well and yet we won. Stephen is a coach that will defy all odds because of what he believed in. He never allowed the NFF interfere in his decision. He made all the decisions himself and am sure the NFF will be happy he resigned.

You know some days ago i was reading a post about someone complaining about how ESPN channel treat europeans better than africans. Now just listen to yourself, you are busy calling for stephen Keshi to be sacked and to be replaced by a foreign coach, can't you see, we are just proving that foreigners are way better than us. Stephen Keshi always believed in african coaches, when he won the Nations Cup he dedicated his victory to Nigerian coaches, he believed that one day an african coach will coach a top european club. Everytime the NFF begged stephen keshi to accept a foreign techincal assistant he refused he wanted the likes of daniel amokachi and co. But we how can an african coach be confident when we always sack them after they have qualified us to the world cup and allow "just any foreigner" (for example who is Lagerback, which country is he from sef!) scatter our world cup hopes, If it would have been a foreigner do you think we would have won bosnia, do you think that the team would have played with Unity do you think you would have seen the awesome potentials in the local based stars.

Lastly, Stephen Keshi did a great job he brought in stars from the Nigerian league he made the popular, last year We saw sunday Mba, a player from enugu rangers, makin Goal.com's Top 50 players in the world, will that ever happen again?. Since 2005 to 2010 its always old names like Obafemi to yakubu to taiwo, but today we know of Uchebo, Mba, Onazi, Omeruo,Musa, Uzoenyi all because Keshi gave them a chance no coach would have given. Even Micheal Babatunde has great potential, Keshi truly brought alot of players to the team whether foreign or home based, he gave shola ameobi a chance no coach would have given, he really tried.

I just wish him the Best, he wanted the Best for Nigerian and for africa thats why he could stay for 7 months without a salary and still take us to the World cup, and we are busy waitinf for him to win it, I pray he goes to South Africa and takes them to the semi finals of the world cup.
All the Best KESHI

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi: Nigeria's Greatest Coach, Why He Is? And What We Should Know? by ayukdaboss(m): 11:00am On Jul 01, 2014
Re: Stephen Keshi: Nigeria's Greatest Coach, Why He Is? And What We Should Know? by Caspian22(m): 11:04am On Jul 01, 2014
List of the records Keshi broke in the Super eagles
1. He won the Nation cup for the first time in 19 years
2. He qualified us for the CHAN for the first time since the inception and won the third place,
3. He won us our first world cup game for the first time in 16 years.
4.He qualified us to the knock out stage for the first time in 16 years.

I am not here to sing Keshi praises, i just think we Nigerians should appreciate this man for what he has done than to insult him and criticise him unfairly, its had to find such a strong willed person that believes so much in african football, I think We should all thank him For giving us the Best Nigerian team since the 1994 eagles.
Re: Stephen Keshi: Nigeria's Greatest Coach, Why He Is? And What We Should Know? by jihday(m): 2:41pm On Jul 01, 2014
I'm not a fan of Keshi too, but we Nigerians be running our mouth like we have Messi,Ronaldo,Neymar et al in our squad, we've forgotten that our team is filled with mediocre and average players. Keshi really tried for us, with the average set of players that we have he achieved quite a lot with them.

(1) (Reply)

So Klin's Advert On NTA.... / Moses And Mikel Are Among Mourinho's Favorites / Keshi's Contract Finalized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.