Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (61467 Views)

Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tbaba1234: 6:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
Keshi just announced his resignation from the National team.

He was sacked during the group phase but stayed on to win the trophy..... Return tickets were already booked because they thought the team would lose to the Ivorians.

Keshi found this out after the match according to Idah Peterside.

idah pee ‏@IdahPeterside
Keshi only heard the nff had given the secretary money for return tickets before ivory cost game only after they won the game

https://twitter.com/IdahPeterside

This lack of trust by the NFF made him resign...

5 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by superbloke(m): 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2013
Just heard it on the radio. Now he's got bargaining power. I believe he's going to be convinced and will eventually stay on.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by bcomputer101: 6:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
Yes is real... Kanu just informed ♍e.

i salute the guy for his decision and courage... That is the best decision before NFF start playing dere game on him...
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by diggler(m): 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2013
superbloke: Just heard it on the radio. Now he's got bargaining power. I believe he's going to be convinced and will eventually stay on.

Keshi has bargaining FIRE.

Now the true colour of Nigerians will show.

Amokachi will back stab and take the Job, Oliseh is also chomping at the bit.

Keshi can still move on with his head High.

The truth is our NFF hiding under FIFAs corrupt statues will always get their way and keep running down our football.

Down with the NFF

4 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by grafikii: 6:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
This is unbelievable, only in Nigeria. People like oliseh should be running our football, not the animals in the nff. Like nff, like pdp, like gej. So many of this animals should be sacked, the nff should be dissolved. These nonsense has to stop. I loved this country yesterday, but am back to hate mode.

19 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 6:51pm On Feb 11, 2013
We are getting reports that Stephen Keshi, who less than 24 hours ago, led the Super Eagles to the victory in the Africa Cup of Nations, has resigned as coach of the national team.

According to SuperSport presenter, Robert Marawa, who revealed the information on Twitter, ‘The Big Boss’ confirmed his departure from the post, in an interview with a radio station in South Africa.

He tweeted: “Stephen Keshi has just announced that he handed over his resignation letter after the game exclusively on 083Sport@6With Marawa on MetroFM”

The Nigeria Football Federation is yet to confirm this development, even as the team and officials are expected back in the country, where they will be received by President Goodluck Jonathan.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/02/11/stephen-keshi-reportedly-resigns-as-coach-of-super-eagles/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=stephen-keshi-reportedly-resigns-as-coach-of-super-eagles

The Nigerian coach has submitted his resignation to the Nigerian Football Federation, after a dramatic falling out with the federation
Even though Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi won the Super Eagles the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations title on Sunday, just a day later he's resigned from his position.

Keshi did tell Goal.com a few days before the final, that he would 'pack his bags and leave' if he felt he was not wanted, and it is a surprising turn of events after the coach was highly praised from all quarters.

The two-time Afcon champion is revealing his resignation on Metro FM radio in South Africa right now.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4642/2013-africa-cup-of-nations/2013/02/11/3744141/nigeria-coach-stephen-keshi-resigns-one-day-after-winning

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by superbloke(m): 6:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
diggler:

Keshi has bargaining FIRE.

Now the true colour of Nigerians will show.

Amokachi will back stab and take the Job, Oliseh is also chomping at the bit.

Keshi can still move on with his head High.

The truth is our NFF hiding under FIFAs corrupt statues will always get their way and keep running down our football.

Down with the NFF
There's nothing amokachi will stand to gain. The inittial intention of the NFF was to hire a foreign coach. Keshi winning the afcon has given him the support of nigerians and i believe that of the president. That is the bargaining power i'm talking of.

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by siddiq202(m): 6:55pm On Feb 11, 2013
5 million per month gone like that

6 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Naijalane: 6:56pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hmmm, naija things nawao. Sunday Mba, Victor Moses, Emenike etc oya make una retire too. Pride go kill una. because you people won simple AFCON thats why we no go hear word. Na salary increase wey he want, i tell you. Keshi no go retire

6 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by BabaEleko(m): 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2013
Death before dishonor!!! Go out with my pride and honor intact the same way i came in. embarassed embarassed cool

15 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Mcdondayan: 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2013
What is d problem now?
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by alphaconde(m): 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2013
Guess we should be begging him to stay same way we will start begging gej to recontest.

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Desdola(m): 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2013
I need sources to believe this news

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2013
OMG! The NFF should reject his resignation immediately!
Whatever issues that Keshi has with the NFF should be resolved amicably because he (Keshi) has delivered a major trophy for Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by swtcharissa(f): 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hmmmm,its good he leaves while d ovation is high,cos if nigerian players go for this condeferation cup n losses,Nigerians will so insult life out of his generation..kudoos man

32 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by mmmustapha(m): 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2013
Wetin concern me We hav already won d cup, he can go to hell

5 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Sec5(m): 7:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
This is really wrong of d NFF.let them stop ruining our football life

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tobechi74: 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
Nairaland should verify rumours b4 taking it to front page
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by ELgordo(m): 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
MeeNnnN! This aint a good look Buh WHY!
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by xynerise: 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
This is preposterous undecided
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by glen87: 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
Worst news than boko haram attack I'm sad right now. The hausas have achieved their aim. We won't progress with hausas among us

6 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by 4reigningqueen: 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
kai! Sharp guy.only those that know how the game is played can deal with those NFF crooks.

Awon ole agbalagba.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by victorazy(m): 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2013
Fake news. I just spoke with Victor Moses now.

8 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by naijamerican: 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2013
What in the hell? Was we forced out
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2013
Better for him 2 resign like pep guadiola of Barcelona with great honnors and not go messing up like Roberto de Mateo of Chelsea and Samson siasia.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tbaba1234: 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2013
tobechi74: Nairaland should verify rumours b4 taking it to front page

It is not a rumour.... He announced it on Metro FM, J'burg.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4642/2013-africa-cup-of-nations/2013/02/11/3744141/nigeria-coach-stephen-keshi-resigns-one-day-after-winning

Former Nigeria official reveals reasons behind Keshi exit

The Super Eagles boss resigned just one day after winning the Africa Cup of Nations, following the alleged conduct of his superiors

Stephen Keshi quit his post as Nigeria coach because the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) booked flights home after being drawn with Cote d'Ivoire in the quarter-finals, according to a former official of the national side.

The Super Eagles boss made the stunning decision to resign on Monday, just one day after winning the Africa Cup of Nations following a 1-0 win over Burkina Faso, citing that he was "doing the right thing".

Reports also suggested the NFF attempted to sack Keshi prior to their quarter-final clash with the Elephants and had interviewed several European candidates to take his place.

Indeed the former Mali and Togo trainer hit out at the practice of African nations employing coaches from other continents at his pre-quarter-final press conference.

And now the nation's former public relations officer, Idah Peterside, has claimed the conduct of senior officials was at the root of his decision.

“Keshi only heard the NFF had given the secretary money for return tickets before the Ivory Coast game,
after they had won the game," he wrote on Twitter.

The 51-year-old coach told Goal.com before the final that he would "pack his bags and leave" if he felt he was not wanted.

But after going through with his threat the tale has taken another twist, with Nigeria sports minister Bolaji Abdullahi claiming NFF president Aminu Maigari had not received a letter of resignation.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/02/11/3744718/former-nigeria-official-reveals-reasons-behind-keshi-exit?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by makaveli1(m): 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2013
alpha conde: Guess we should be begging him to stay same way we will start begging gej to recontest.
Haha I pray GEJ gives us a reason to beg him to re-contest before the end of next year just like keshi has given us one

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tripledub: 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2013
Doubting thomas
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Chanchit: 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2013
Nigerians don't resign like that abeg. I'm in front of tv right now, if its true I go don see breaking news abeg.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by ochukoccna: 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2013
I RESPECT KESHI FOR THIS MOVE
Even before we played Ivory Coast, it was been openly discussed on Tv & radio that Nigeria was going to get a foreign coach to replace him
NFF and the impatient 9ja football fans are the TRUE ENEMIES of football in this country
So many celebrating now hid their daggers to kill him should he fail
Good move BIG BOSS

69 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

What's Going On With Ronaldo And Juventus? / Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? / Victor Osimhen's Inlaws Call Him Out Over Debts Of €69,000 & $439,000USD (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.