Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers (3238 Views)

Solved!!! Unfortunately, System Update Has Stopped. Infinix Hot Note Pro / What Does It Mean "Unfortunately, Launcher3 Has Stopped" / Promo: MTN Now Giving Out Free Internet Access To All Their Subscribers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by luluosas(m): 11:41am On Jul 01, 2014
Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers

By: Lugard Ekhator
1st July, 2014.

Globacom Limited, operators of Glo Mobile Network has been a pace setters in revolutionising the mobile sector in Nigeria when they came into business on 29th August, 2003.

They didn't just launched on the per second billing platform, a feat her predecessors earlier stated would be made possible by the year 2011, they equally crashed the entry fee of acquiring a Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) card from around thirty thousand naira (N30,000) to as low as ten thousand naira (N10,000) on contract basis.

This development soon gave the common man in the street an opportunity to taste the power of mobile communications, a situation that saw hundreds of people queuing up in the various Glo World offices across Nigeria both in the rain and sunshine, which was hitherto the exclusive preserved of the rich and average people in the society before the advent of Glo mobile network.

And within a few years of operations, Glo again led the further crashing of the Sim card acquisition to just one naira (N1.00) as it stands today. And as the mobile network operators in Nigeria scrambled for a sizeable market share, Glo mobile introduced other packages, promotions and bonus services to retain and attract new customers to their network, and it has always paid off.

Glo mobile network also led other network operators in Nigeria in the provision of mobile Internet communications, which is today the driving force amongst the various mobile operators in Nigeria, as each of them always seek to outdo one another with different enticing data packages and plans.

Be that as it may, Glo mobile network had also led other network operators in Nigeria in the area of poor network service delivery across its services.
From drop calls to incomplete call setup, exorbitant pricing regime, reneging on promos and bonuses, tariff adjustment without recourse to her subscribers, outright wiping off accrued data bonuses without reimbursement, among several other annoying and painful practices, since the inception of this indigenous firm called Glo Mobile Network.

Even at that, Nigerians still kept faith with Glo mobile network hoping that with our continuous patronage as an indigenous firm, things will somehow get better but alas.

Meanwhile with the stiff competition in the mobile sector in Nigeria today and especially as the Mobile Number Portability MNP regime has began, one would have opined that Glo mobile will be mindful on its dealings with their customers, but this is never the case.

When in 2012 Nigerians were able to use Glo Blackberry Internet subscription on their non Blackberry devices, a lot of customers came to the Glo network from other service providers. But when they stopped this practice in February 2013, majority of the subscribers who came to the Glo network courtesy of using a BB data plan on a non Blackberry device returned to their initial service providers, while others simply changed their network provider outrightly.

Therefore with the introduction of G-BAM and Bounce prepaid tariff plans respectively, the loyal subscribers to the Glo mobile indigenous network were somehow relieved, since they can acquire 5MB data volume for N5 daily and 30MB free data bonus on the recharge of N200 and above respectively.
Again just like the BB plans on non BB devices brought subscribers to the network, these two prepaid plans did more, and subscribers were happy.

Painfully Glo mobile network management till date keep on splashing hundreds of dollars on promoting artists in the entertainment industry and football circles with bogus benefits, people who contribute little or nothing to her survival as a brand, while their subscribers who ensure their staying in business with their continuous patronage are left in the dark. What a pity!

Sadly when Glo mobile launched their attacks against their subscribers, they started with auto migration of users to other packages without the subscribers consent or knowledge. In fact some subscribers had to migrate back to their preferred tariff plans with a minimum fee of N100, but only to be auto migrated out again by Glo in few days time. Sad!

But lately, Glo mobile network has become very insensitive and unfriendly to their prepaid subscribers.
The weekly Super Sunday bonus which earlier required a total usage of N200 and above from Monday - Saturday to be returned 100% on Sunday as bonus, with 20% and 80% for off-net and on-net calls respectively, has been jerked up by Glo for a compulsory usage of N1,000 minimum before you can now qualify for a N500 Glo-to-Glo calls on Sundays. Sad!

In the same vein, the FAF calls on G-BAM which hitherto charges 5k/sec (N3/min) to five registered Glo numbers have been removed. All calls on G-BAM now charges 18k/sec (N10.80k/min). Sad!

On the Bounce tariff plan platform, bounce-to-bounce calls that usually cost 5k/sec (N3/min) have been raised to 9k/sec (N5.40k/min), while the free 30MB data bonus with initial validity of 7 days now offer 2 days. Sad!

Therefore as Glo mobile network prepare to mark their 11th year of successful business operations in Nigeria despite the harsh environment it operate, who's advising Glo Mobile Network Management against their teeming subscribers?
Glo, can Nigerians still count and depend on you?

Only time shall truly tell.

http://emwanta..com/2014/07/unfortunately-glo-think-less-of-their.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by Ukeachu1(m): 11:45am On Jul 01, 2014
tell them to learn from airtel o
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by try69: 11:52am On Jul 01, 2014
This should be on front page.
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by DesChyko: 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
A blind snail denies itself of food.
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by Lagusta(m): 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2014
nice post!!!

glo has seriously been messing up, especially with the bounce issue, i havent recharged on my glo line since....

mtn all the way!!!
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by OCTAVO: 1:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
I took my time to read your write up, I like your constructive criticism!

luluosas: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers

By: Lugard Ekhator
1st July, 2014.

Painfully Glo mobile network management till date keep on splashing hundreds of dollars on promoting artists in the entertainment industry and football circles with bogus benefits, people who contribute little or nothing to her survival as a brand, while their subscribers who ensure their staying in business with their continuous patronage are left in the dark. What a pity!

This part of your post is so on point! cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by Lero15(m): 2:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
None of d mobile networks care, really.
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by luluosas(m): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lero15: None of d mobile networks care, really.
At least some other network would apologized when their customers complain, but Glo? Forget it.

2 Likes

Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by luluosas(m): 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lagusta: nice post!!!

glo has seriously been messing up, especially with the bounce issue, i havent recharged on my glo line since....

mtn all the way!!!
Honestly people that port to Glo as a result of bounce have been cheated big time. I just hope that this abnormality is corrected soon. Thank you.
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by encryptjay(m): 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2014
The money they waste on these artistes should be used for something better.

5 Likes

Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by luluosas(m): 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
encryptjay: The money they waste on these artistes should be used for something better.
It's really sad my friend.
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by Chimarto: 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
Glo with proud...hope you understand what I mean?
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by Maya2pretty(f): 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lero15: None of d mobile networks care, really.
Etisalat does smiley.....MTN sucks angry
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by obosirow: 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
Glo, correct this anomaly ASAP
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by Lero15(m): 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2014
Maya2pretty: Etisalat does smiley.....MTN sucks angry
For real? Until any of them come up with an affordable & reasonably data plan for non-BB phones, I still maintain my stance. Btw, wetin u find come this thread? Lolz.
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by Aphex(m): 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
Please people... I've been having a problem with my Glo for two weeks. I'm unable to browse, meanwhile, I've been browsing with d sim before. can't contact their customer care. any help please?
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by W3xy1(m): 5:35pm On Jul 01, 2014
The network is nw fuckin bad. I dont know what went wrong with them. Their hspa is nw wack
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by obosirow: 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2014
Chai
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by agabaI23(m): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
Aphex: Please people... I've been having a problem with my Glo for two weeks. I'm unable to browse, meanwhile, I've been browsing with d sim before. can't contact their customer care. any help please?
Call 171. It will cost you #20 only or call 444 if you have data suscription
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by Maya2pretty(f): 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2014
[quote
author=Lero15]For real? Until any of them come up with an affordable
& reasonably data plan for non-BB phones, I still maintain my
stance. Btw, wetin u find come this thread? Lolz.[/quote] i dey follow u na tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by Aphex(m): 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
agabaI23: Call 171. It will cost you #20 only or call 444 if you have data suscription
Thanks a lot.....just called 171

1 Like

Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
glo mobile is a disappointment.probably because most persons are not buying their mb .I go port to Airtel or Etisalat.
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by Lero15(m): 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2014
Maya2pretty: i dey follow u na tongue grin
I see...na me bring u waka come!
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by OCTAVO: 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
W3xy1: The network is nw fuckin bad. I dont know what went wrong with them. Their hspa is nw wack
An upgrade is going on. When they finish, network will be better.
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by seunlayi(m): 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
glo is messing up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by seunpayne(m): 9:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
The one wey finally no come make sense na the bumpa plan. It made sense for heavy data users like me but then they made a stupid change. The bonus credit, regardless of the amount lasted only a week. How will I load 10000 to get 30k bonus and you expect me to finish it in a week? and you expect me to use my credit and Call at 50kps?

The data connection is just useless. every time I tried downloading a large file it'll just download a bit and disconnect leaving me to start all over again thus wasting the data.

Nope. Moving to etisalat next week. It's my money...I will choose which network I spend it on
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by mohammad11: 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
This artists stuff tire me o. Glo, serve our customers rightfully. Cos They deserve more than what you gave them..
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by wasak(m): 9:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
so i have to be recharging every 2 days? so bad...glo cheated us. porting back to airtel....tortoise is faster than snail
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by biomedixexcel(m): 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
Can't read jare
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by ibietela2(m): 11:20pm On Jul 01, 2014
luluosas:
At least some other network would apologized when their customers complain, but Glo? Forget it.

Recharged 1k didn't get a bonus, but I was told that there is a bonus if I recharge #200+
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by ibietela2(m): 11:22pm On Jul 01, 2014
Maya2pretty: Etisalat does smiley.....MTN sucks angry

They are all the same, how do they care when there data is 3k for 1Gb and you get a speed of 0.01kb to 10kb/s on 3G
Re: Unfortunately Glo Think Less Of Their Subscribers by Krak(m): 11:34pm On Jul 01, 2014
Honestly I am seriously considering porting from glo. Imagine accumulating more than 1gb of data and they suddenly wiped it off, several times.

To browse with the data is another issue.

You call their customer care to resolve an issue but they claim they are having upgrades. The same upgrade story I have been hearing for more than two years.

The only thing keeping on that network is their cheap call tarrif, and now that is changing.

I currently spend about 12,000 Naira per month making calls on the glo network but I know for sure that if the bonus data I have been accumulating has been working without any flaw, then I would conveniently have been loading up to 25,000 Naira worth of cards per month.

Now all those browsing money goes to mtn.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts / 4 Of The Best Whatsapp Tricks And Tweaks check out trick 2 it will wahoo u / Used Redmi Note 10 Pro 6/128 sold !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.