Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) (7029 Views)

Opinion: Why Ntel Will Not Be Nigeria’s Data Saviour / Opera Max Now Faster,secure And Saves Data / Airtel Finally Introduces Cheapest Android Data Plan; Get 1GB For N1000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by biomedixexcel(m): 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2014
Let me download this and try
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by milee: 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2014
zeanslim:

Here is a link to download it from my 4shared folder
http://www.4shared.com/get/3heIERwUba/871469721.html
I tried to download using mobogenie and blackmart but it won't download
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
milee:
I tried to download using mobogenie and blackmart but it won't download

koyla: http://m.opera.com/max/operamax-test.apk
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by milee: 4:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
zeanslim:

still not working with my phone.l use Gionee e3. help pls
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 5:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
milee:
still not working with my phone.l use Gionee e3. help pls

it should , don't forget to allow the authorization of the app for VPN, it should prompt this option after installation and every reboot
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by milee: 7:44am On Jul 03, 2014
zeanslim:

it should , don't forget to allow the authorization of the app for VPN, it should prompt this option after installation and every reboot
l mean l still could not get the app to download. Even from the 4share link. from the many list that appear when l search for opera max it stops when l try to save download

Or maybe l should ask, how or where do l click to download from 4shared site?
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by milee: 7:58am On Jul 03, 2014
zeanslim:

When l try to save download l get download fail.Is it my phone?
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by ITbomb(m): 8:06am On Jul 03, 2014
I downloaded it from the 4shared link and it was OK, maybe it is the countdown that is causing the problem, I would upload it to zippy and post the link
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by luluosas(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2014
Saving nothing. Imagine saving 38kb out of 34MB usage. Useless.

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by luluosas(m): 9:44am On Jul 03, 2014
milee:
l mean l still could not get the app to download. Even from the 4share link. from the many list that appear when l search for opera max it stops when l try to save download

Or maybe l should ask, how or where do l click to download from 4shared site?
Use 1Mobile instead
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 10:38am On Jul 03, 2014
milee:
When l try to save download l get download fail.Is it my phone?

Maybe you should try and use another browser , cause your complains is very strange, its likely to be network, or the browser, don't forget to check your remaining memory space too.
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2014
luluosas: Saving nothing. Imagine saving 38kb out of 34MB usage. Useless.

I notice you use opera mini browser, which is already data friendly, you can hardly save anything. Since its saved already, use instagarm or heavy browsers and see magic (they will just take data like how opera does but still provide the nice web interface ,java links, animations etc) don't forget that little drops of water makes a might ocean.

My saved data since 12:00 am today.

1 Like

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Mustack: 11:02am On Jul 03, 2014
hmmm
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by bhaliz44(m): 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
zeanslim:

Maybe you should try and use another browser , cause your complains is very strange, its likely to be network, or the browser, don't forget to check your remaining memory space too.
does it work perfectly on unroooted phones? .Thanks cool
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
bhaliz44: does it work perfectly on unroooted phones? .Thanks cool

it works fine on both, doesn't needs root.
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by proffnico(m): 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
best android data saviour should be boat browser mini. I've been using it for the past 2 yrs nw....
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
proffnico: best android data saviour should be boat browser mini. I've been using it for the past 2 yrs nw....

does boat browser mini cover all your apps ? No it doesn't
this does and also covers your boat browser mini's a$$
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by bhaliz44(m): 2:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
zeanslim:

it works fine on both, doesn't needs root.
thx brv.. lemme check out the app then.
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by AMINDA: 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
Tried installing and it said "error parsing file package" or something.It was on a gingerbread device though.Could that be the reason?
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
AMINDA: Tried installing and it said "error parsing file package" or something.It was on a gingerbread device though.Could that be the reason?

maybe, think it supports 4.0 upwards.
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by chidooh1: 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
I installed it but couldn't let my phone browse, it disconnected my internet each time it's on,i felt is that VPN that follows it. How do i disconnect the vpn and allow the data compressor alone to work?
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
chidooh1: I installed it but couldn't let my phone browse, it disconnected my internet each time it's on,i felt is that VPN that follows it. How do i disconnect the vpn and allow the data compressor alone to work?

it is not possible to disconnect the VPN , and compress data, they work hand in hand.. for internet disconnections
you might want to try uninstalling and installations again
and might be your network cause I have not experience such yet.
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by milee: 7:50am On Jul 04, 2014
zeanslim:

Thanks all.l have now downloaded using g 1mobile.Thanks again o. Good morning
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Venus1: 8:40am On Jul 04, 2014
pls,hw can i enable java script on operamini bcs i tried to view some site wch am on enable to do so except i use ucweb browser
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 9:07am On Jul 04, 2014
milee:
Thanks all.l have now downloaded using g 1mobile.Thanks again o. Good morning

You welcome, Good morning too
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 9:10am On Jul 04, 2014
Venus1: pls,hw can i enable java script on operamini bcs i tried to view some site wch am on enable to do so except i use ucweb browser

it's not possible, that's how opera mini was built, no flash, etc..
you can use opera max and enjoy your Uc browser with java script and all Behind.. on low data rate.
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
Thank you Op.. I so much love this app
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by chidooh1: 2:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
zeanslim:

it is not possible to disconnect the VPN , and compress data, they work hand in hand.. for internet disconnections
you might want to try uninstalling and installations again
and might be your network cause I have not experience such yet.
uninstalled and installed back, it's actually working, thanks and welcome, let's see how far the app can go in solving excessive data consumption wahala of android.
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by ITbomb(m): 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
After a day of full usage, I'm still not convinced.
I didn't care much about the data compression as I'm already doing manual data management, what I really needed was the firewall to block unnecessary connections. But
1. The prompt to connect a blocked app should not be there.
2. There should be a white list to block others and connect only the highlighted, right only a kinda blacklist exist to block only the highlighted and it is tasking to highlight all your 101 apps leaving only Opera mini, WhatsApp, Facebook etc.
3. The log should be per app not on a time basis , I would rather see what the app consumed since morning rather than which app consumed more data in the last 5 minutes
4. There are apps which Mobiwol No Root Firewall had been prompting when they wanted to connect, since using Opera Max, i have not seen any record of those apps trying to connect, I'm thinking they went through.
5. I'm still not clear about vpn consuming battery, I decided not to use any vpn today but the battery consumption has no difference.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Step By Step On Installation Of MTN Mast / Telegram App Is Now Haven Of Scammers / How Much Are Nokia 6680 And 6630

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.