Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,967 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) (7023 Views)

Opinion: Why Ntel Will Not Be Nigeria’s Data Saviour / Opera Max Now Faster,secure And Saves Data / Airtel Finally Introduces Cheapest Android Data Plan; Get 1GB For N1000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
[b]I downloaded this app last night and I have been enjoying it's qualities, decided not to be selfish. wink

Opera's mobile browsers are quite popular because of
their ability to compress data, but it's unfortunately been limited to just that -- the browser itself.

This becomes less and less useful as smartphones continue to evolve, since our data usage patterns encompass so much more than just the simple browser: many of us are constantly streaming music, uploading and downloading images and
apps, and so on.

To lighten the hefty load we inflict on our monthly data allotments, Opera has launched a beta of its new Android app called Opera Max, which compresses most of the information that goes through your device -- websites, images, videos and many of your usual apps (Instagram and Vine immediately come to mind, but the possibilities are wide open).

Opera makes this happen by setting up a Virtual Private
Network (VPN) that measures all of the data coming
through your device. Data requests are then sent through Opera's servers, though the company tells us that it onlymeasures how much data you use and how much you save -- in other words, it says your information is safe.

There's no guarantee on how much data you'll save, but if you're a gulper like us, we suspect it'll be a significant amount. While the company hasn't specified how many beta testers are allowed, it does say that room is limited.

NB: You don't need root accsss
It's not yet available in Nigeria and some countries
Play store, so you will need a 3rd party market app.
Like mobo geinne ,black mart e.t.c to download it

Direct download : http://m.opera.com/max/operamax-test.apk [/b]

Source : www.engadget.com/2013/12/17/opera-max-beta/

2 Likes

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
We all know vpn apps eats up ba3.

1 Like

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by dasphinx1(m): 5:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
murimoney: We all know vpn apps eats up ba3.

Believe me dude, this is a battery friendly app....
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Mustack: 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
am on it. here's a look at it.

1 Like

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Mustack: 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
another one

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 6:49pm On Jul 01, 2014

it doesn't takes battery, enjoy with us or be left out..and connects well

1 Like

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Blackchampion(m): 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
Who else has tried dis apart 4rm OP?
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Denn(m): 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
Blackchampion: Who else has tried dis apart 4rm OP?

Thanks op.... Savings noticed albeit small.
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2014
zeanslim: [b]I downloaded this app last night and I have been enjoying it's qualities, decided not to be selfish. wink

Opera's mobile browsers are quite popular because of
their ability to compress data, but it's unfortunately been limited to just that -- the browser itself.

This becomes less and less useful as smartphones continue to evolve, since our data usage patterns encompass so much more than just the simple browser: many of us are constantly streaming music, uploading and downloading images and
apps, and so on.

To lighten the hefty load we inflict on our monthly data allotments, Opera has launched a beta of its new Android app called Opera Max, which compresses most of the information that goes through your device -- websites, images, videos and many of your usual apps (Instagram and Vine immediately come to mind, but the possibilities are wide open).

Opera makes this happen by setting up a Virtual Private
Network (VPN) that measures all of the data coming
through your device. Data requests are then sent through Opera's servers, though the company tells us that it onlymeasures how much data you use and how much you save -- in other words, it says your information is safe.

There's no guarantee on how much data you'll save, but if you're a gulper like us, we suspect it'll be a significant amount. While the company hasn't specified how many beta testers are allowed, it does say that room is limited.

NB: You don't need root accsss
It's not yet available in Nigeria and some countries
Play store, so you will need a 3rd party market app.
Like mobo geinne ,black mart e.t.c to download it [/b]

Source : www.engadget.com/2013/12/17/opera-max-beta/
Quite a scrap,uninstall. opera apps developers experimental vpn.(viatun4vpn,torguard,even the very good droidvpn beats it faceup and down)
DONT BOTHER TO INSTALL
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
indigene:
Quite a scrap,uninstall. opera apps developers experimental vpn.(viatun4vpn,torguard,even the very good droidvpn beats it faceup and down)
DONT BOTHER TO INSTALL

you are the first ignorant person I will quote , after Nairaland data loss, did you read the post at all ?
it's main aim is to minimize data, and the only way to achieve that is via VPN.
This is not a NATIVE VPN app.. droid VPN don't compress data..SMH
nice award tho angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by biomedixexcel(m): 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2014
zeanslim:

you are the first ignorant person I will quote , after Nairaland data loss, did you read the post at all ?
nice award tho angry
ok
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by cirmuell(m): 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
zeanslim:

nice award tho angry
lmao, cee finishing! if u have this app kindly upload here...getting parse error from all third party downloads during installation.

1 Like

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 02, 2014
cirmuell: lmao, cee finishing! if u have this app kindly upload here...getting parse error from all third party downloads during installation.
go to zippyshare.com n get urs.

1 Like

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 02, 2014
Thumps up op, this app is far beta dan dat fake droidvpn.

1 Like

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 02, 2014
really hoping to get a cracked version of this app soonest
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 5:22am On Jul 02, 2014
cirmuell: lmao, cee finishing! if u have this app kindly upload here...getting parse error from all third party downloads during installation.

Here is a link to download it from my 4shared folder
http://www.4shared.com/get/3heIERwUba/871469721.html

1 Like

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Anomnity: 7:17am On Jul 02, 2014
Crappy app.Slowed down my internet connections to zero.Once I discarded it,I began to browse smoothly again.My experience on an android phone.
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by ITbomb(m): 7:29am On Jul 02, 2014
Having tried out the app on my Android,
It is good for unrooted Android phone with no Droidwall, but still not better than the Mobiwol No Root Firewall I'm using cos of no option for Whitelist or Blacklist
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 8:27am On Jul 02, 2014
ITbomb: Having tried out the app on my Android,
It is good for unrooted Android phone with no Droidwall, but still not better than the Mobiwol No Root Firewall I'm using cos of no option for Whitelist or Blacklist

True, it has a data mangment option, but have you tried the compressing ability , very nice .you won't notice if you just used and dump it (I once did it) use it for a day and see the magic.
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 8:33am On Jul 02, 2014
Anomnity: Crappy app.Slowed down my internet connections to zero.Once I discarded it,I began to browse smoothly again.My experience on an android phone.

It runs smooth on mine, maybe you use a low end device, besides its still in the beta stage (so user experience might differ) , like when bbm for droid just came out..and the savers are in few countries for now.
When its fully utilized I pray we get to enjoy it..

Maybe we get something like Opera max sub, from our mobile service providers here. grin grin grin

Saved data from 4:30am today

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 02, 2014
zeanslim:

nice award tho angry

Dear Mr.Opera Inc PRO,its quite naive on your part to say that good old bloody droidvpn do not compress data? Could you please upgrade to premium @$4.99 per month,can you?
When opera max goes to paid status, can you afford to pay? How much data have you saved since yesterday, only they freeboozers saw your copy and paste and head to download.
How many pay to download apps have you paid for?
Now boy grab torguardvpn@$9 per month
viatun4vpn @$5 and see what data compression is all about.
Uncle send me recharge card boy! Read thru your thread others are voicing same opinion as mine

2 Likes

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 8:55am On Jul 02, 2014
indigene:

Dear Mr.Opera Inc PRO,its quite naive on your part to say that good old bloody droidvpn do not compress data? Could you please upgrade to premium @$4.99 per month,can you?
When opera max goes to paid status, can you afford to pay? How much data have you saved since yesterday, only they freeboozers saw your copy and paste and head to download.
Uncle send me recharge card boy! Read thru your thread others are voicing same opinion as mine

I know you are very ignorant, but I won't favour you by replying you since you persist
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by twosquare(m): 8:58am On Jul 02, 2014
Mega-crap
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by ITbomb(m): 9:02am On Jul 02, 2014
I don't even know how to reply to the trash by indigene .
They are talking about saving data and you are ranting how many apps you have bought.
If you have so much money, why bother with compression? Just subscribe 100k data per month and keep the data throttle open.

7 Likes

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by luluosas(m): 9:36am On Jul 02, 2014
It would have been better if there was a browser within the app.
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 9:55am On Jul 02, 2014
luluosas: It would have been better if there was a browser within the app.

nice idea,
but I think opera already achieved that with opera mini.
and now opera max is a welcome development since it covers all 3rd party and system apps. what's app, instagram, YouTube ,bbm, uc browser e.t.c that are not encrypted.
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by koyla: 11:14am On Jul 02, 2014
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 02, 2014
ITbomb: I don't even know how to reply to the trash by indigene .
They are talking about saving data and you are ranting how many apps you have bought.
If you have so much money, why bother with compression? Just subscribe 100k data per month and keep the data throttle open.
If I can be able to reveal my phone number which is MTN, you can trace it, it was a time, when many sees cellphones as holy grail, when ibos call it ofo akpa naka I am privileged to be given life access by MTN, as I am given life access by Microsoft, Maybe you don't know when call was #50 per sec, email account are been opened with #3-#5 k
You may not have fully understood the essence of vpns, I am not using them for data compression as you may have concluded, 100k do not faze me off.
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 02, 2014
zeanslim:

I know you are very ignorant, but I won't favour you by replying you since you persist
Thoroughbred meaner than a junkyard wolf
Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by zeanslim(m): 1:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
indigene:
Thoroughbred meaner than a junkyard wolf

*Yawns*

2 Likes

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by flawless911(m): 1:52pm On Jul 02, 2014
indigene:
If I can be able to reveal my phone number which is MTN, you can trace it, it was a time, when many sees cellphones as holy grail, when ibos call it ofo akpa naka I am privileged to be given life access by MTN, as I am given life access by Microsoft, Maybe you don't know when call was #50 per sec, email account are been opened with #3-#5 k
You may not have fully understood the essence of vpns, I am not using them for data compression as you may have concluded, 100k do not faze me off.

1 Like

Re: Opera Max- Android's Data Saviour (data compressor) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
indigene:

gibberish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Phone Camera For Make Up Artist / Here's A Quick Way 2 Download Java Applications With Operamini Without Using Web / What Is The Price Of Nokia X2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.