Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,428 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

What's Your Take On This? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What's Your Take On This? (591 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Take On This? by whatstheFUZZ(m): 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
[img]http://whatsthefuzzabout.files./2014/06/the-cw-the-flash.jpg?w=500&h=375[/img]

I just watched the leaked pilot episode of The Flash. The episode leaked its way online, months before it’s October release date. I can honestly say this is one of the best superhero pilot episode to date, which could change soon after the release of the hoard of oncoming superhero series coming our way in the next few years.

REVIEW

As pilots go, this one showed quite a bit of promise, and it’s easy to see why the CW picked it up. First and foremost, the pilot episode felt so well done that you could launch the episode by itself and call it an hour-long Flash movie. The approach towards the series seems to feel that way now: a movie with plans for more sequels than you can imagine. That is a very good feeling. If i was to summarize this episode i would put it like this

[img]http://whatsthefuzzabout.files./2014/06/grant-gustin-in-the-flash-costume.jpg?w=705[/img]

Barry Allen watched his mom’s murder, becomes a crime scene investigator, establishes the perfect soap opera love life issues, gets struck by lightning, goes into a coma for 9 months, becomes a superhero, clears his fathers name, stops a weather-controlling villain, and dons his costume, all complete with the series’ own version of a post-credits scene.

Possibly one of the coolest parts about the pilot was that the first half of it was told as a story with Barry Allen narrating his own story, which turned out to be a story he was telling to none other than Green Arrow… (yes people our good ol’ Arrow makes a cameo appearance in this episode). Barry declares that he named himself after a phrase Oliver Queen used on their story scene on the rooftop: something like “You’ll be saving people in a flash” which felt a little forced, but nothing some action couldn’t fix.

Read the rest via this link http://whatsthefuzzabout./2014/06/26/the-flash-is-finally-here/
Join our BBM Channel C001F781E

(1) (Reply)

Brazil 2014 And Super Eagles Infinite Skill 3D Animation. MUST SEE. / Wow! Nigeria Movies Are Now Stepping Up: Fone Swap / List Your Favourite Black And White Movies Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.