Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

NFF Deny Keshi Resignation - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Deny Keshi Resignation (16160 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / South Africans Reactions After Keshi "Resignation" / Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
The future of Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi remained a mystery on Tuesday after the Nigerian Football Federation denied reports he resigned following their World Cup exit.

Nigeria went out of the tournament in Brazil at the round of 16 stage after a 2-0 defeat to France, after which Keshi said: “It's time for me to go back to my family and face fresh challenges."

That was widely interpreted as a sign he had quit and it appeared to be confirmed when the Super Eagles’ official twitter account retweeted a story stating Keshi had indeed stood down.

However, when contacted by Goal on Tuesday, a NFF spokesman said: “Coach Keshi has not submitted an official resignation letter.

“He was not employed in the mixed zone [after the France game] or on Facebook.”

Keshi, who took over as Nigeria coach in 2011, has stepped aside before only be to convinced to return, after the Confederations Cup last summer, and has been linked with the South Africa job. 

Nigeria reached the last 16 after coming second to Argentina in a group that also included Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina.

Source: http://m.goal.com/x/en-gb/news/4927520

2 Likes

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
spiritfada: The future of Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi remained a mystery on Tuesday after the Nigerian Football Federation denied reports he resigned following their World Cup exit.

Nigeria went out of the tournament in Brazil at the round of 16 stage after a 2-0 defeat to France, after which Keshi said: “It's time for me to go back to my family and face fresh challenges."

That was widely interpreted as a sign he had quit and it appeared to be confirmed when the Super Eagles’ official twitter account retweeted a story stating Keshi had indeed stood down.

However, when contacted by Goal on Tuesday, a NFF spokesman said: “Coach Keshi has not submitted an official resignation letter.

“He was not employed in the mixed zone [after the France game] or on Facebook.”

Keshi, who took over as Nigeria coach in 2011, has stepped aside before only be to convinced to return, after the Confederations Cup last summer, and has been linked with the South Africa job.

Nigeria reached the last 16 after coming second to Argentina in a group that also included Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina.

Source: http://m.goal.com/x/en-gb/news/4927520
Okay.Keshi is the best and most
preferred coach nigeria ever
had. No doubt about his nitty
witty. His formation are
perfect for African
football,likewise does his disciplinary record match an
african team. Nasri perform
incredibly last season for man
city yet he was not at the
world cup. If babatunde and
onazi was on the pitch yesterday, there is higher
probability we would be in
the. 8th finals.....

7 Likes

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by slimthugchimee(m): 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
G
Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by Lordabas: 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
Dear Keshi, We are proud of the team you have left for us. If those NFF people let you go, we wish u the best in your new job.

20 Likes

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by 9jahubcom(m): 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2014

7 Likes

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by coded01: 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
Who cares? angry

I hope lagosians are waiting to do street justice on him n his crew except Enyeama as soon as they land @ the Lagos Airport... grin angry grin

6 Likes

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by tinuolababy(f): 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lordabas: Dear Keshi, We are proud of the team you have left for us. If those NFF people let you go, we wish u the best in your new job.

Well said

3 Likes

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by Ptoocool(m): 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
Where is Keshi?
Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by Marksule(m): 9:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
Ha ha Na who we go believe now NFF Or GOOGLE
Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by Innodon(m): 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
nah by force ?
Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
Is this topic on frontpage? .I can see so many views
Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by fflamingo(m): 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
Keshi is the best and most preferred coach nigeria ever had. No doubt about his nitty witty. His formation are perfect for African football,likewise does his disciplinary record match an african team. Nasri perform incredibly last season for man city yet he was not at the world cup. If babatunde and onazi was on the pitch yesterday, there is higher probability we would be in the. 8th finals.....

7 Likes

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
This NFF ehh.. they want to sack him by force.. grin

Person resign..una no gree undecided

3 Likes

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by BUSHHUNTER: 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
Fvck!

1 Like

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by ichommy(m): 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
Am confuse o
Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by Vansnickers: 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
No one cares.

LOL!!!!

2 Likes

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by donphilopus: 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
He should submit his resignation letter to them na. It's hightime we stopped begging people to continue doing their job.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by TRADELYN: 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
undecided...if you ask me, naa who I fo ask...

Wait...

....Lemme ask my RESEARCH TEAM cheesy
Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by bigt2(m): 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
Let's do it again, Stephen! We have learnt our lessons by now, and come next year, we are winning the afcon again, them it starts again. Don't resign!!! cool
Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by Pavore9: 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
following..
Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by donphilopus: 9:07pm On Jul 01, 2014
Nobleval: Okay.

You had to quote everything just to type this hocus-pocus?!

1 Like

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by tyconcepts(f): 9:09pm On Jul 01, 2014
Denying....Keshi declared this on national TV earlier today abi PHCN no give NFF light to watch Keshi's declaration ? angry
Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by mohammad11: 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
Na both of una sabi una problem. As for nigerians all we knew is d guy don resign o. If NFF like make den call am back. E no concern me @all.
Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by hensben(m): 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
he should continue, i dont trust oliseh, sport analyst is not coaching
Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by command01(f): 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
Never believed it though undecided
Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by Ninilowo(m): 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
Ko le toyen nah.......... Ki lagbe, ki leju?

1 Like

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by Tval(m): 9:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
Ko kan aye..
Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
.com:
na wa ,but see d tweets na

[img]http://4.bp..com/-DN2Kdh6Awnw/U7JmmJO0_bI/AAAAAAADGJE/z22ZYIDhnzg/s1600/unnamed.png[/img]

That is not Keshi's official twitter handle, Keshi is not on twitter

8 Likes

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by MCMLXXVI(m): 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
coded01: Who cares? angry

I hope lagosians are waiting to do street justice on him n his crew except Enyeama as soon as they land @ the Lagos Airport... grin angry grin

Did you and the Lagosians do the same street justice to Berti Vogts when Nigeria crashed out in the nations cup quarter finals, or did you and those Lagosians do the same street justice to Lagerback when Nigeria crashed out of South Africa with just 1 point?

11 Likes

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by coded01: 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2014
MCMLXXVI:

Did you and the Lagosians do the same street justice to Berti Vogts when Nigeria crashed out in the nations cup quarter finals, or did you and those Lagosians do the same street justice to Lagerback when Nigeria crashed out of South Africa with just 1 point?

Are you related bro? grin tongue grin

1 Like

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by meforyou1(m): 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
I watched the after match interviews yesterday on Dstv by Keshi, yobo and Moses. Heard everything they said
Surprised when I saw contrary opinions of Keshi and yobo later, which i even pointed out here on nairaland. Only relaxed after I saw d source was vanguard news which is a media house.
Keshi and yobo should not resign or retire on twitter or international news. Enyeama shouldn't do such as we'll. they were sent on international assignment, they should come back to Abuja and submit their report and await further directives.

1 Like

Re: NFF Deny Keshi Resignation by MCMLXXVI(m): 9:20pm On Jul 01, 2014
coded01:

Are you related bro? grin tongue grin

Not one bit. I just think cutting Keshi loose would send us back to square 1.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 41st Birthday Today / Sweden Vs Switzerland: World Cup (1 - 0) On 3rd July 2018 / Enoch Nwali Wins The 14th African Scrabble Championship In Lusaka, Zambia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.