Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,108 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True (2522 Views)

Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists / God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34pm On Jul 04, 2014
UrbanMystique:

more like if there is no delusion that god exists, there won't be atheist.
BTW, are you trying to troll me? How does that relate to the post? undecided

God doesn't believe in atheists. cool

UrbanMystique:

Tell me about it.

What part of that don't you understand?

UrbanMystique:

you have to prove that it was created b4 I agree with you cool

Would you believe if I prove empirically that the universe was created?
Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
UrbanMystique:

stop making irrelevant statement. 2+2 = 4 because it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt. Even if he doesn't like the shape of 4, he doesn't have a choice than to accept or debunk it with something superior and generally acceptable.
How does this relate to your illogical unprovable imaginary god creating everything but can only be acceptable by faith....
Its like asking me to accept 2+2=5 by faith

Accepting the big bang and the theory of evolution is blind faith. Would you accept it If I prove it scientifically?

1 Like

Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The whole world would believe!!!! The day that happens is the day I produce emperical evidence for the Great Leprechaun. He assisted Yahweh during the creation.

2 Likes

Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
Martian:

The whole world would believe!!!! The day that happens is the day I produce emperical evidence for the Great Leprechaun. He assisted Yahweh during the creation.

The martian is back to earth. Where on this cosmos have you been?
Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by EvilBrain1(m): 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
I was wandering why OP and his fellow Christians never posted a link to a source article. So I did a quick Google search and immediately found out why.

It turns out that what the scientists actually found was that the current big bang model breaks down when you incorporate the newly elucidated properties of the Higg's bosun. That doesn't mean we should throw away the whole theory. Virtually all the predictions big bang physics has made have turned out the be spot on, so the theory is clearly sound. This finding only means that there's something we haven't taken into account yet i.e. the model is incomplete.

And that's exactly what the scientists involved said. Robert Hogan, the guy who lead the study said this: “The generic expectation is that there must be some new physics that we haven't put in our theories yet, because we haven't been able to discover them,"

New physics by the way is something that every scientist hopes for. Unlike religious sheep, scientists don't just try to validate what they already believe, they try to find the flaws in their work so that they can improve it.

Once again, you people have been caught lying for Jesus. I don't know why you keep doing it when you know you're just going to get caught.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2666906/Big-Bang-controversy-grows-Universe-collapsed-second-formed-Bicep2-results-true.html

*Edited to add DailyFail link.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by UrbanMystique: 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

God doesn't believe in atheists. cool
rubbish

What part of that don't you understand?
that was a statement not a question.! Read it again.

would you believe if I prove empirically that a boy created the universe with the help of fairies and Santa Claus?

1 Like

Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by UrbanMystique: 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
Evil Brain: I was wandering why OP and his fellow Christians never posted a link to a source article. So I did a quick Google search and immediately found out why.

It turns out that what the scientists actually found was that the current big bang model breaks down when you incorporate the newly elucidated properties of the Higg's bosun. That doesn't mean we should throw away the whole theory. Virtually all the predictions big bang physics has made have turned out the be spot on, so the theory is clearly sound. This finding only means that there's something we haven't taken into account yet i.e. the model is incomplete.

And that's exactly what the scientists involved said. Robert Hogan, the guy who lead the study said this: “The generic expectation is that there must be some new physics that we haven't put in our theories yet, because we haven't been able to discover them,"

New physics by the way is something that every scientist hopes for. Unlike religious sheep, scientists don't just try to validate what they already believe, they try to find the flaws in their work so that they can improve it.

Once again, you people have been caught lying for Jesus. I don't know why you keep doing it when you know you're just going to get caught.
grin grin do you think religion would have survived this long if we don't have some deluded lot concocting lies to keep it going...

Fear and lies drive religion

1 Like

Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by UrbanMystique: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Accepting the big bang and the theory of evolution is blind faith. Would you accept it If I prove it scientifically?
how is it blind faith? Prove to me that evolution is wrong and your name will be in every science journal all over the world...
Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2014
Evil Brain:

I was wandering why OP and his fellow Christians never posted a link to a source article. So I did a quick Google search and immediately found out why.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2666906/Big-Bang-controversy-grows-Universe-collapsed-second-formed-Bicep2-results-true.html

Why didn't you quote the link and leave folks to read it themselves? Must you give us your own biased opinion instead of facts?

Big Bang controversy grows: Study claims universe would have collapsed 'a second after it formed' if Bicep2 results were true

- In March 2014, the Bicep2 experiment found evidence of the universe expanding rapidly after the Big Bang, also known as 'cosmic inflation'

- King's College London scientists now claim Bicep2 results may be wrong

- If the experiment was correct, the universe should have collapsed

- This would have occurred less than a second after the Big Bang

- Alternatively, existence could be explained by unknown particle physics

- Since March the results have come under increasing scrutiny
By JONATHAN O'CALLAGHAN
PUBLISHED: 13:20, 24 June 2014 | UPDATED: 13:43, 24 June 2014

Earlier this year, a groundbreaking experiment claimed to have detected what happened in the first billionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang.

Astronomers using the Bicep2 telescope said they found evidence for the faint microwave glow left over from the event that signalled the start of the universe.

But since then the research has come under increasing scrutiny - and now scientists claim that if the results were true, the universe as we know it would not exist at all.

New research from King's College London suggests that, if the Bicep2 results announced in March are correct, then the universe should have collapsed less than a second after the Big Bang (illustration shown), unless there is an unexplained realm of particle physics at work holding the cosmos together

New research from King's College London suggests that, if the Bicep2 results announced in March are correct, then the universe should have collapsed less than a second after the Big Bang (illustration shown), unless there is an unexplained realm of particle physics at work holding the cosmos together

According to astronomers from King's College London (KCL), the universe should have existed for no more than a second before collapsing.
The research is the result of combining the latest observations of the sky, with the recent discovery of the Higgs boson.

THE BICEP2 CONTROVERSY

It was hailed as a groundbreaking experiment to detect what happened in the first billionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang.

However, following a rash of criticism, the researchers behind the Bicep2 experiment hailed as a massive breakthrough have admitted they may have made a mistake.

Last week the Bicep2 collaboration formally published its research in a peer reviewed journal - Physical Review Letters (PRL) - and a key researcher admitted even he has lost some confidence in the original results.

In the paper, the US-led group stands by its work but accepts some big questions remain outstanding.
'Has my confidence gone down? Yes,' Professor Clem Pryke, from the University of Minnesota, told his audience at a public lecture in London.
After the universe began in the Big Bang, it is thought to have gone through a short period of rapid expansion known as 'cosmic inflation'.

Although the details of this process are not yet fully understood, cosmologists have been able to make predictions of how this would affect the universe we see today.

In March 2014, researchers from the Bicep2 collaboration claimed to have detected one of these predicted effects.
If true, their results are a major advance in our understanding of cosmology and a confirmation of the inflation theory, but they have proven controversial and are not yet fully accepted by cosmologists.

But in the new research, scientists from KCL investigated what the Bicep2 observations would mean for the stability of the universe - with surprising results.

To do this, they combined the results with recent advances in particle physics.
Gravitational waves from cosmic inflation generate a faint but distinctive twisting pattern in the universe. Shown here is the pattern observed with the Bicep2 telescope, providing evidence for cosmic inflation after the Big Bang, although the results have been called into question

Gravitational waves from cosmic inflation generate a faint but distinctive twisting pattern in the universe. Shown here is the pattern observed with the Bicep2 telescope, providing evidence for cosmic inflation after the Big Bang, although the results have been called into question

The detection of the Higgs boson by the Large Hadron Collider was announced in July 2012; since then, much has been learned about its properties.

WHAT IS THE HIGGS BOSON?

The Higgs boson's role is to give the particles that make up atoms their mass.
It has been described as the ‘missing piece’ of the Standard Model, which explains how the parts of the universe that we understand interact with one another

Without this mass, particles would zip around the cosmos, unable to bind together to form the atoms that make stars and planets - and people.
The particle was confirmed using the Large Hadron Collider - the highest-energy particle collider ever made, built by the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) in 2012.

However, our knowledge of particle physics is still far from complete, with mysteries such as the nature of dark matter to still be solved.
Measurements of the Higgs boson have allowed particle physicists to show that the universe sits in a valley of the 'Higgs field', which describes the way that other particles have mass.

However, there is a different valley which is much deeper, but our universe is prevented from falling into it by a large energy barrier.
The problem is that the Bicep2 results predict the universe would have received large 'kicks' during the cosmic inflation phase, pushing it into the other valley of the Higgs field within a fraction of a second.

If that had happened, the universe would have quickly collapsed in a 'Big Crunch'.
'This is an unacceptable prediction of the theory because if this had happened we wouldn't be around to discuss it,' said Hogan, who is a PhD student at KCL and led the study.
The scientists claim the Bicep2 results may contain an error; if not, there must be some other, as yet unknown, process which prevented the universe from collapsing.
'If Bicep2 is shown to be correct, it tells us that there has to be interesting new particle physics beyond the standard model,' Hogan said.

The Bicep2 experiment was hailed as a look at the very brief moment of time at the beginning of everything when the universe expanded very rapidly - a theory called cosmic inflation.

However, researchers later said the team did not take into account dust in the Milky Way galaxy, which may have rendered their readings useless.

Two independent analyses now suggest that those twisting patterns in the CMB polarisation could just as easily be accounted for by the dust.
And the team say there simply isn't enough data to rule out the dust theory.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2666906/Big-Bang-controversy-grows-Universe-collapsed-second-formed-Bicep2-results-true.html#ixzz36XMbrjru
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26pm On Jul 04, 2014
UrbanMystique:

rubbish

that was a statement not a question.! Read it again.

would you believe if I prove empirically that a boy created the universe with the help of fairies and Santa Claus?

Atheists don't exist.
Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25am On Jul 05, 2014
UrbanMystique:

how is it blind faith? Prove to me that evolution is wrong and your name will be in every science journal all over the world...

Here's the evidence that proves evolution wrong, deal with it.

http://www.creationworldview.org/articles_view.asp?id=53
Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by Weah96: 4:44am On Jul 05, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

That's where you problem lies. You will not accept 4 to be the answer of 2 + 2 because your mind is already made up and you will not be confused with the facts. shocked

Even you don't think that this is true. I don't believe that your authors had a chat with someone named God, Sir. I believe that the whole encounter thing is an elaborate lie. That line of reasoning does explain the nature of current events, unlike your lala land stories that only leave people with more and more silly questions.
Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by EvilBrain1(m): 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Why didn't you quote the link and leave folks to read it themselves? Must you give us your own biased opinion instead of facts?

'Cos I don't want to post a wall of text and I assume that most people know how to point and click.

But now that you've posted the full article, please explain how it debunks big bang physics when even the scientists who did the work didn't make that claim.
Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by Busybody2(f): 12:02am On Jul 11, 2014
EvilBrain1: I was wandering why OP and his fellow Christians never posted a link to a source article. So I did a quick Google search and immediately found out why.

Utter bunkum.

Primordial gravitational waves which confirms the theory of cosmic inflation, and which pre-dates the Big bang, was detected - yet these bunch of enemy-of-progress-party-poopers rush in to say its not true "unless" the unexplained realm of particle physics was at work too Oh, and that dust in the milkyway galaxy "could have" skewed the results by 1/3rd. What a load of ridiculous utterances? What a load of utter tosh, tschewww undecided
Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by Nmeri17: 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
Billyonaire: The Higgs field is where matterization of Energy takes place. Whatever creation is, as at today, happened in the Higgs field. So the Big Bang Theory isnt true, creation is still on-going in the Higgs field as I type this. Energy matter conversation is the rule, but what Energy is, is what God is. God is not a being but Energy Infinity.

So you're saying energy created heaven and earth energy invented all the the plants and animals with all their different features. smh
Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Atheists don't exist.

Scientists have now discovered that atheists don't actually exist.

http://www.science20.com/writer_on_the_edge/blog/scientists_discover_that_atheists_might_not_exist_and_thats_not_a_joke-139982
Re: Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10am On Dec 24, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
BAD NEWS FOR ATHEISTS: SCIENTISTS SAY UNIVERSE SHOULDN'T EXIST IF BIG BANG IS TRUE
Alex Kocman : Jun 26, 2014 : Charisma News

"The Higgs boson particle probably does exist. God upholds the creation with the power of His word, and I think this is just a humanly seen manifestation of that." – Dr. Danny Faulkner, Answers in Genesis

SpaceNew research bears bad news for the Big Bang theory of the universe's origin. (Photo via Charisma News)

Scientists at King's College in London have found that the current model of the Big Bang would have resulted in a universe that collapsed soon after its formation.

According to the researchers, the rapid cosmic expansion physicists would expect to see after the Big Bang would have caused a good bit of turbulence—a situation worsened, not helped, by the so-called "God particle."

This "God particle," the Higgs boson, should have crushed our universe, shifting it into a lower energy field in which collapse would have been inevitable.

While it is doubtful astrophysicists will discard the Big Bang model, it might suffer a worse fate: the death of a thousand qualifications.

"When we hear the term Big Bang theory, many people assume it was conceived in its present form and has remained unassailed ever since. In reality, it is a very pliable model," wrote Answers in Genesis scientist Dr. Danny Faulkner in September 2013. "Several assumed variables in the equations have been changed to make the numbers match new findings. Today's Big Bang model little resembles the one your grandfather learned, and it is likely to continue morphing."

Breaking Christian News

smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How Media Portrays Islam / "Jesus Christ" Spotted In Clouds Over Argentina / My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.