Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It (921 Views)

Does God Really Answer Prayers? / Rev Father Mbaka Recharge Card: How True Is The Story? / Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by Wizpa(m): 11:28am On Jul 26, 2015
I went to church today and I saw persons falling(under the anointing) while there was worship, though am an usher in the church but I still have this little doubt about the existence of God, am a bit of a realist but I need help concerning this... I want to know if am living right or not... Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by SOUPF: 11:41am On Jul 26, 2015
I'm sure you already know what you want,so no matter what anybody tells you,you and only you will choose to make sense of it....

As regards if you are living right,i believe only you can tell yourself what is right or wrong. Do you think the boko haram sect will agree that killing people is wrong?
Do your research well,choose what you want,when you leave earth,you are on your own... grin

All the best in your findings... smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by ArchEnemy(m): 11:53am On Jul 26, 2015
May God help you to sort out the doubts you are having in your heart..
You may just be having a downtime of confusion but tackle it before it spirals outta control.
Cc. Olaadegbu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by adanduka: 11:58am On Jul 26, 2015
Better for me to live a righteous life on earth and when I die find out there's no heaven than to live an ungodly life on earth and spend eternity in hell.
Being a child of God pays. Challenges and trials are many but we overcome.
No sleepless nights because angels are always on guard.
I experience God and the supernatural EVERYDAY.
God is good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by BrightEye(m): 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
Life! This is the true definition of mystery. We find our poor being on earth, ignourance of the past and uncertain of the future. Yet, we are like forced to believe many things, amonsg is the existence of the most powerful deity, the creator of all things- God!

I believe in the existence of God. I got this conviction by simply imargining myself as a plant; thereby puzzling about animals and humans, imarggining myself as an animal; wondering about humans and their super brains.........now as a human, there is surely something greater than i am, since i didn't create myself, as plants and animals didn't also.

Answers to all our questions are all around us, printed in the language of nature.......!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by BrightEye(m): 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
adandukpost=36286046:
Better for me to live a righteous life on earth and when I die find out there's no heaven than to live an ungodly life on earth and spend eternity in hell.
Being a child of God pays. Challenges and trials are many but we overcome.
No sleepless nights because angels are always on guard.
I experience God and the supernatural EVERYDAY.
God is good.

Unfurtunately we are also uncertain of how to live a righteous life. Is it being a "child of God" ?, or how truely can one be a chind of God?
Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by Eddlad: 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
Poster answer me this, did God or is it written anywhere in the bible that whiles you worship God he would touch you and you will fall under the "anointing"?Are you praising God because you revere him or you are looking for a miracle?
I think less than 1percent of people who call themselves Christians are actually just "church goers" we have succeeded in creating our own fake miracles,terms,ideologies beliefs and whatnot whose roots are not biblical and inevitably when they fall apart they create doubt in our minds and make unbelievers out of us whiles forgetting those beliefs,ideas are unfounded to begin with.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by Wizpa(m): 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
Still expecting a better answer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by Eddlad: 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
You didn't answer my question.
Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by leke12(m): 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
Let me ask u dis question: does air really exist? And if it does, how true is it? Answer this question and u will be able to answer ur own question?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by leke12(m): 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
Wizpa:
I went to church today and I saw persons falling(under the anointing) while there was worship, though am an usher in the church but I still have this little doubt about the existence of God, am a bit of a realist but I need help concerning this... I want to know if am living right or not... Thanks
Let me ask u dis question: does air really exist? And if it does, how true is it? Answer this question and u will be able to answer ur own question?
Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by laniyi07(m): 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
if you believe in the concept of forces of good(peace and harmony) and evil(destruction and chaos). it wont be confusin to you when if you viewing God as the head of good while the devil is the head of the other extreme(evil).
the most important thing is have a spiritual understanding cum revelation of this truth
Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by laniyi07(m): 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
if you believe in the concept of forces of good(peace and harmony) and evil(destruction and chaos). it wont be confusin to you
if you r viewing God as the head of good while the devil is the head of the other extreme(evil).
the most important thing is have a spiritual understanding cum revelation of this truth
Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by Freksy(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
BrightEye:
Life! This is the true definition of mystery. We find our poor being on earth, ignourance of the past and uncertain of the future. Yet, we are like forced to believe many things, amonsg is the existence of the most powerful deity, the creator of all things- God!

I believe in the existence of God. I got this conviction by simply imargining myself as a plant; thereby puzzling about animals and humans, imarggining myself as an animal; wondering about humans and their super brains.........now as a human, there is surely something greater than i am, since i didn't create myself, as plants and animals didn't also.

Answers to all our questions are all around us, printed in the language of nature.......!

Eddlad:
Poster answer me this, did God or is it written anywhere in the bible that whiles you worship God he would touch you and you will fall under the "anointing"?Are you praising God because you revere him or you are looking for a miracle?
I think less than 1percent of people who call themselves Christians are actually just "church goers" we have succeeded in creating our own fake miracles,terms,ideologies beliefs and whatnot whose roots are not biblical and inevitably when they fall apart they create doubt in our minds and make unbelievers out of us whiles forgetting those beliefs,ideas are unfounded to begin with.

Though you guys make some sense, but it's only those with genuine thirst for the unadulterated food that will give them bites, and chew over.
Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by An2elect2(f): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
Wizpa:

Hey dear, i will be honest with you. There is no one truly born of the Spirit of God who doubts the existence and hence the promises of God. You are presently in a state of unbelief and the only thing you have going for you now is your natural/ common sense faith which is not enough and cannot save you.

Firstly, look what the bible says about unbelief and how dangerous it is and why we must not be in this state

John 5:38
"You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe
Him whom He sent.

Hebrews
11:6
And
without
faith it is
impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe
that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Acts 19:9
But when some were becoming hardened and disobedient,
speaking evil of the Way before the people, he withdrew from them
and took away the disciples, reasoning daily in the school of
Tyrannus.

Romans 15:31
that I may be rescued from those who are disobedient in Judea, and
that my service for Jerusalem may prove acceptable to the saints;

Acts 14:2
But the Jews who disbelieved stirred up the minds of the Gentiles
and embittered them against the brethren.

John 12:37
But though He had performed so many signs before them, yet they
were not believing in Him.

2 Kings 17:14
However, they did not listen, but stiffened their neck like their
fathers, who did not believe in the LORD their God.

John 3:18
"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has
been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of
the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36
"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not
obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Isaiah 7:9
and the head of Ephraim is Samaria and the head of Samaria is the
son of Remaliah. If you will not believe, you surely shall not last."'"

John 8:24
"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you
believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

Hebrews 3:19
So we see that they were not able to enter because of unbelief.

Hebrews 4:11
Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall,
through following the same example of disobedience.

Mark 16:16
"He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he
who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

2 Thessalonians 2:12
in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth,
but took pleasure in wickedness.

Revelation 21:8
"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and
murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all
liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone,
which is the second death."
Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
Bro. I just stumbled into your thread. In fact thinking the way you do now shows that you are intellectually sound and that you are always open to ideas and make use of your critical thinking abilities. In my opinion the principle bases of salvation is believing that Jesus is the son of God who came in flesh to save us and we can only get to his father, the almighty God through and only through him. The rest is up to individuals, it's only by gods grace that we can make heaven, let me not go into details about Nigeria's version of Christianity, Since that's not the focal point of your question but have one thing in mind, let no one tell you not to touch their anointing as long as you did not physically harm them, but criticize any man of God you feel is not doing something right, it's in their interest to defend themselves based on critical thinking abilities spirituality and wisdom just as Christ did in his time,and just like Saul did when David was after him with loads of criticisms.
Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
ArchEnemy:

May God help you to sort out the doubts you are having in your heart..
You may just be having a downtime of confusion but tackle it before it spirals outta control.
Cc. Olaadegbu

Thanks for copying me into this thread. By God's grace I shall be making my contribution in my own little way.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
Wizpa:

You don't even need faith to acknowledge the existence of God. If you've got a brain that can think and eyes that can see then you should know that God exists.

With my limited knowledge and my physical senses I have the evidence of God's existence as I have said earlier. When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

The same principle applies to the existence of God. When I look at creation, how can I know that there was a Creator? Creation reveals to me that there is a Creator. I couldn't want a better evidence that there is a Creator than to have the creation in front of me. I don't need faith to believe in a Creator, all I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

But if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in the builder. For, without faith it is impossible to please God.

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by An2elect2(f): 3:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
Unbelief is the most distasteful fruit that springs forth from our fallen nature. And it is only natural for us to nurse doubts in our minds. No matter how hard you try fighting unbelief it will always raise its ugly head through questionings, fears, etc and alas, without divine intervention, it overpowers us! The reason we fall headlong and despair is because we do not realise the monster/beast in us: Unbelief.

You have to understand that when God commands belief, He is not asking for head knowledge, mere assent, miracle-triggered faith, your choice/decision etc These are carnal. He is asking you to have the faith of Jesus Christ devoid of fear and doubts. The God kind of faith. The faith that you cannot produce! yes! The faith that comes by hearing the word of God!
The faith that only God can give you! Romans 10:17 for e.g

You see i am not lying, even my conscience bears me witness. Your natural faith may keep you in the "church" but the FAITH OF GOD WOULD SAVE YOUR SOUL FOREVER.

Doubt, a form of faithlessness springs from your sin constitution/ nature and like i said earlier, it is only natural of you to doubt.

Now, you may be wondering how to get out of this! but i want you to despair in yourself! lol. I am saying this so you can loose every hope you've placed in yourself because there is nothing in you that God finds pleasing. Try as you may, it is filthy before Him! Your present doubt has only exposed your underlying opposition to God. For to doubt God is to oppose him!

Romans 3:10-18 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
(11) There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after
God. (12) They are all gone out of the way, they are together become
unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. (13) Their
throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit;
the poison of asps is under their lips: (14) Whose mouth is full of
cursing and bitterness: (15) Their feet are swift to shed blood: (16)
Destruction and misery are in their ways: (17) And the way of peace
have they not known: (18) There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately
wicked: who can know it?

Jeremiah says your heart is deceitful above all things! you can trust that heart to lead you astray, for that is its work. To turn you against your God. The last thing the "desperately wicked" will give you is FAITH. It cannot! It will only deceive you into believing that you got the real deal! Why would you want to trust it? Give it up.

In the beginning...

Genesis 2:15-17 Then the LORD God took the man and put him in the
garden of Eden to tend and keep it. (16) And the LORD God commanded
the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; (17)
"but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for
in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world,
and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have
sinned:
Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my
mother conceive me.

And hence;

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the
Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know
them, because they are spiritually discerned.

still following
Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by winner01(m): 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by Wizpa(m): 3:59am On Sep 06, 2015
An2elect2:

Hey dear, i will be honest with you. There is no one truly born of the Spirit of God who doubts the existence and hence the promises of God. You are presently in a state of unbelief and the only thing you have going for you now is your natural/ common sense faith which is not enough and cannot save you.

Firstly, look what the bible says about unbelief and how dangerous it is and why we must not be in this state

John 5:38
"You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe
Him whom He sent.

Hebrews
11:6
And
without
faith it is
impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe
that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Acts 19:9
But when some were becoming hardened and disobedient,
speaking evil of the Way before the people, he withdrew from them
and took away the disciples, reasoning daily in the school of
Tyrannus.

Romans 15:31
that I may be rescued from those who are disobedient in Judea, and
that my service for Jerusalem may prove acceptable to the saints;

Acts 14:2
But the Jews who disbelieved stirred up the minds of the Gentiles
and embittered them against the brethren.

John 12:37
But though He had performed so many signs before them, yet they
were not believing in Him.

2 Kings 17:14
However, they did not listen, but stiffened their neck like their
fathers, who did not believe in the LORD their God.

John 3:18
"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has
been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of
the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36
"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not
obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Isaiah 7:9
and the head of Ephraim is Samaria and the head of Samaria is the
son of Remaliah. If you will not believe, you surely shall not last."'"

John 8:24
"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you
believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

Hebrews 3:19
So we see that they were not able to enter because of unbelief.

Hebrews 4:11
Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall,
through following the same example of disobedience.

Mark 16:16
"He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he
who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

2 Thessalonians 2:12
in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth,
but took pleasure in wickedness.

Revelation 21:8
"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and
murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all
liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone,
which is the second death."

This sounds like a threat, if this is truly in the Bible, I will rather remain an atheist.... Thanks
Re: Does God Really Exist? If He Does How True Is It by orisa37: 8:41am On Sep 06, 2015
God exists!!!! Start cursing Him and you will never know what will kill you!!!! Start now and be Mad now!!!!

(1) (Reply)

What You Must Know About Masturbation! / What Do People Think God Is Actually Like? / It's A Shame For A Christian To Be Die Hard Football/political Fanatic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.