Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,705 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

The Day I Died : April 14 - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Day I Died : April 14 (16815 Views)

The Day I Died - AKINWALE AKINYOADE / I Died Last Night / The Day I Died - Part Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by kinxlink(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
marioking:

En en en....waiter abegi give me just two bottle of champagne on kinxklink bill
Uhm...Chai!!!!
Two champagne
Una won kill person?
grin grin grin
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
kinxlink: Uhm...Chai!!!!
Two champagne
Una won kill person?
grin grin grin

Just two grin grin grin grin
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by kinxlink(m): 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
marioking:

Just two grin grin grin grin
Two is too much nw....owk

waiter gif am 1 trophy, 1 guider,1 stout and 1 star grin grin
As for me, Just gif me a #5 purewater.
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by tobex23(m): 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Wow!! I love this! Nice story line, so different from "love/romance" one I do read! This is captivating! Please update!
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
kinxlink: Two is too much nw....owk

waiter gif am 1 trophy, 1 guider,1 stout and 1 star grin grin
As for me, Just gif me a #5 purewater.

Make i come become OPAKAN ABI? grin grin grin
no worry again
@OP am still lingering for the next update puuuuleeeease!!!
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by kinxlink(m): 1:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by kinxlink(m): 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
NAME:kinxlink
DATE OF BIRTH: 32 13.199..
HOBBIES:
-Catching lizards, snakes and taking
hyenas for
walk;
-Catching bullets with bare hands.
MY RECORD:
-Killed superman;
-Skinned a crocodile alive;
-Held my breath under water for 2months.
GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT:
-The very first man to walk on the sun;
-Fluent in 10,565 languages.
SILLY THINGS DONE:
-Drank the red sea dry;
-Sky diving from outer space.
EMBARRASSING MOMENT:
-Couldn't kill 1,000 lions with a single
punch, only killed 999
instantly, then tamed the last one.
SOMETHING ABOUT ME:
I really dont like to brag

3 Likes

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
[quote author=kinxlink][color=#006600][b]NAME:kinxlink
DATE OF BIRTH: 32 13.199..
HOBBIES:
-Catching lizards, snakes and taking
hyenas for
walk;
-Catching bullets with bare hands.
MY RECORD:
-Killed superman;
-Skinned a crocodile alive;
-Held my breath under water for 2months.

I see now wink
do u know how many polar bear i have skinned alive?>>>>>>>>656

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by kinxlink(m): 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
[quote author=marioking][/quote]Can u Ride bysicle from lagos to sambisa forest?
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by MightyFortress: 4:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
ghostwritter:
my yoruba people will say "shoki lobe oge"
I am not here to compete with anybody. its my style....its my thread.
Besides, all these people u mentioned are far better than I am. dat ishilove na winch.
aint asking u to compete with no one... Without standards to compare, we wont know what is tall or short. Catch my drift? Nice updates anyway. I see the improvements. Keep up the goodwork and more energy thrusters to boost your morale.
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
MightyFortress: aint asking u to compete with no one... Without standards to compare, we wont know what is tall or short. Catch my drift? Nice updates anyway. I see the improvements. Keep up the goodwork and more energy thrusters to boost your morale.
thanks a lot, your comment really helped.
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
kinxlink: This lovely and heartbreaking story, so hilarious, so emotional,One of the. Best stories I have read.
Nice update Ghostwriter, still u rock.....*clears throat* waiter!!! serve Everyone here The bill is on me... waitin 4 next update..

#Kudos
waw!!, thanks a lot....u are making me blush
but can I order for medium-stout with pepe-soup?
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by kinxlink(m): 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
ghostwritter:
waw!!, thanks a lot....u are making me blush
but can I order for medium-stout with pepe-soup?
If u like order for 3 champagne d bill is on mewaitin 4 more updates..
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
".....They said the war started many years ago, most of the elders said it started about six generations far back, most of them can no longer remember what caused the war but they had always warned us just as their fathers had been warned by their grand-fathers that the villagers of ‘isese’ kingdom are our sworn enemy and we should never hesitate to strike them down even before we attack a python.

One day, the warlords of my village staged a sudden attack upon ‘isese’ kingdom in the middle of one of their festive nights, they were all caught off-guard, It was too late for counter-attack….their men slaughtered, women raped and massacred, farmlands destroyed, houses burnt and their children were taken for slavery.

My father who was the chief warlord had the greatest share of the bounty and that included taking many of the able-body children for slavery, he made them work harder than adults and feeds them like rats, he made them swore oath to forever be under his command, he transformed few of them to secret warriors for his personal gains and when they all grew-up to be real men, he calls them his special slaves.

It was on my 21th birthday when my father suddenly called me out from my room into the compound amidst all my female friends who had come to celebrate with me, he said he had a gift for me, I ran outside expecting to see a white horse he had earlier promised me but I was shocked to see some of my father’s special slaves all kneeling down. It was his wish I pick any two of them to be my personal bodyguard forever. As a young lady, I wasn’t too comfortable with the idea but I had always wished for it. After few moments of hesitation from me and persuasions from my friends around, I walked slowly pass the hefty-looking slaves, they all looked hairy and very masculine with chains binding them all, they all seem unhappy but had the looks of satisfaction on their faces; every one of them had his own feature but one of them had this unique feature that instantly pinched my sixth-sense…..he had the physical attributes of a warrior but an emotion of a man who has got compassion burning within him.

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by Mhizdimplez(f): 2:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
Brother,I DOFF MY HAT FOR YOU oooooo..... smiley
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by GraceEzeh(f): 6:40am On Aug 22, 2014
Bia, ghostwritter, y u dey stingy with updates? I use God beg u, make ur updates longer.

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
Please Ghostwritter i av been salivating for the update pls..

pls hurry up cos this is a must-not-miss story
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 9:19am On Aug 24, 2014
He was all I wanted; he alone was who I need. Erutayo was the name my father had bestowed upon him. Erutayo was tall, muscular and handsome; he had the physical attributes a lady would desire in a man, His soul duty was to see to my safety……and my safety alone.

Days after days we grew to know each other the more, I had never related to any man as I did to him, at first he was very conscious of how he relates with me, trying to avoid eye contacts, trying to avoid long and intimate discussions…..and trying very hard to avoid physical contact with me, he alone was the person I could turn to for a male-to-female discussion which I was never use to.

Every new day brought me closer to Erutayo, It felt as if I cared more for him than any other person I had known, I grew emotionally hungry to having him around me. My mother who had noticed the closeness between my ‘slave’ and I warned me to stop it otherwise it will be the slave who will pay dearly for it…..but I didn’t care, I already had feelings for him.

It was on a full-moon when most village elders love to stay out-door to tell stories to children all night long. I was alone in my room thinking of my growing emotion for the man who was meant to be my slave. I thought of doing what my female friends had always and secretly whispered about, at first I discarded the thought but after awhile, I decided to see how it would work out. I called upon Erutayo to accompany me go see a friend of mine, after a long walk far away from home passing through bushes and farmlands I stopped under an a tree to sit down and ordered my slave to do likewise, he seems confused and suggested we should be on our way. I saw in his eyes how concerned he was about me but would not wish to go beyond being my slave. I poured out my mind to him, telling him how I had felt about him, he looked more confused and insecure……suddenly, he planted his mouth into mine, and told me how he had also felt same way for me but was too scared to let it show, I was so happy. We held each other, kissed each other, made love to each other like mad dogs in the moon-light, it was painful at first but I loved it……it was the best thing ever that happened to me. One of my father’s steward suddenly appeared from a corner of the farm, he must have seen us all along, he ran back towards the village to go report what he had seen; Erutayo dashed-off after him…….caught up with him….killed him by twisting his neck in a brutal manner.

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 24, 2014
The forbidden fruit has been eaten grin grin
And the trouble begin now
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by Mhizdimplez(f): 10:50am On Aug 24, 2014
please continue...please! cry
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by emarkson(m): 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
trouble seems to be knocking at d door danges is by d window takin a peek at them .Chai sad 1
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by Olaooni88(f): 11:59am On Aug 25, 2014
Hmm!!! Sigh!!
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
Like a wild fire during harmattan, the news spread so fast, reaching every corner of the village that one of Balogun’s steward was murdered in a cruel manner. It was assumed such act could only be a threat of war to come from angry neighboring community. The oracles were consulted and the priest simply revealed that ‘the pest that eats the leaf destructively is within the leaf itself and is still within the leaf’.

Erutayo confessed he had done what he did to protect our lives and most importantly our new found love, I believed whatever he said….I saw it all happened, he ran like a wild dog after a cat, he bounced on the steward who was also struggling in the little way he could to escape before Erutayo snapped his neck saying “forgive me but I have no choice”……and truly we had no choice because that particular steward can never be trusted, he does everything to earn my father’s trust and that includes talking bad of other people. The dead body wasn’t buried because it will be a curse upon the land forever. We both swore to keep it secret and find a way to run out of the village as soon as possible.

My father, the chief war-lord of the village couldn’t sleep; he felt the village was no longer save as long as the perpetrator of such brutal act is still within the community, he called my mother and I into his room telling us both to be very careful of where we go and who we talk to, he promised to add one more slave to look after me but I declined immediately….he stared at me suspiciously.

On one particular night, I had a bad feeling before going to bed and the bad feeling led to a very bad dream. In my dream, I saw myself underneath a large river, chained to a very big stone. I tried calling for help to Erutayo who was standing at the bank of the river but he couldn’t hear me. I woke up knowing it was a very bad omen, I had to sneak out to a woman called ‘Iya Akokaa’ even before the cocks crow. Iya Akokaa was a very mischievous old witch; she hides her true identity under her practice as a common herb seller. I got to know about her from one of my friends who claims she has secret powers to help people. As I stepped my foot into her compound, I heard her call my full name and stated the reasons why I had come far from within her room. I was scared to the bone for how she got to know me so well and knowing my unspoken reason for coming. As she walked out from her room into the compound using her walking stick, she looked at me in a scary manner like she had seen a monster, she told me she is looking at death circling all around me and that she alone has the power to preserve a soul for eternity ….yes, eternal life. I wondered if such was possible. She brought out a kola-nut from her wrapper and handed it over to me instructing me to go take a bite from it and also wish for how long I would want to live. I was grateful to her and asked what was the price to pay for helping me…….she simply smiled upon her sinister looks at me without a single word as she turns to walk into her mud house.

As I walked back home, I thought of how beautiful it would be for Erutayo and I to life as lovers forever and not even death would separate us.

....I was surprised to know how possible a person can cheat death......

I was back to my father’s compound as the sun was just about to rise and there I saw……

4 Likes

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
guys pls let me all know how u feel about the story. Let me have ur comments and likes.....it will help me in my next work titled 'DEAD MEN TALKING'.
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
ghostwritter: guys pls let me all know how u feel about the story. Let me have ur comments and likes.....it will help me in my next work titled 'DEAD MEN TALKING'.

Good job done here by ghostwritter

infact your writeup is gud but pls try more on prompt updating
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by blesoh(f): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
Am enjoying the story pls keep d fire burning.
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by tfabu: 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nice story ghostwriter,ur story always keeps me at d edge of my seat,but pls we need more regular and longer updates
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by Royver(m): 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
tfabu: Nice story royver,ur story always keeps me at d edge of my seat,but pls we need more regular and longer updates
updating aint easy, moreso as its not my story grin
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by tfabu: 11:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
Royver:
updating aint easy, moreso as its not my story grin
So sorry royver it was a mixup as I'm reading both stories at a time,I've dropped my comment on ur thread too,thank u and welldone
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by kroosx: 1:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ur story is superb... U only have lesser views and comment because of litle updates.... Big ups bro... Ur one of d best
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by allofme(f): 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
I love ur story!!! Kudos to u ghostwriter,oya come update na
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
*****~°°°°
I was back to my father’s compound as the sun was just about to rise and there I saw Erutayo looking troubled, he must have feared the very worst. I practically dragged him along into my room before locking the door behind him. I could feel the early morning dew taking it chilly effect on me, at that moment all I needed was a warm and strong arms to wrap me tight. I moved closer to the only option I had but he refused and reminded me of the last unfortunate event. But I was adamant on my request, I could feel the urge for a male torch on me, I was hungry for love making, at that moment I don’t care what the world says, I couldn’t control it any longer, I pulled-off all form of clothing on me leaving only my waste and neck beads on, all I wanted was……. Erutayo who couldn’t resist my seductive cry anymore swept me off my feet and landed me on my bed, he hurriedly pulled off the only sack around his waist and made love to me like the real man he was, holding me firm with his strong hands and kissing every part of my body. I had never felt so loved by a man….not that I ever had one to call me own.

After few moments, we both felt tired. Erutayo rested on his back while I lay by his side stroked every hair on his beating chest. I whispered sensual words into his ears and he kissed me in return at any opportunity he had. I wished to experience such love from a man every morning, so an idea came into my mind and I told Erutayo to stand up and accompany me somewhere that I have got something to show him.

Slowly, we walked through forest, pathways, stream and finally rested our feet under the shade of an iroko tree that stood in the center of a large farm-land …….”

“Efiko!!....you don read sote ur head don dey remove smoke…..Shey na dat GNS301 you dey read?” that question brought me far back to life. I looked around me and realized I had been in the school library all along.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Untitled / ANOTHER FLOWERBOY TALE (Perfect Addiction (18+) By Blezzed Abraham... / Chimamanda Adichie Covers Stylist Magazine With "We Should All Be Feminist”Shirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.